Old 02-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #46  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Feeling bloated and blah this morning Probably a combo of the salt in my dinner last night (soy sauce) and this bug I'm fighting off. I couldn't believe it but I went to bed at 8pm last night, I can't remember the last time I did that!

I'm heading out this morning to meet up with a moms group play group. It's always a little awkward because I'm the only one at the table not eating, but I just tell them I already had my breakfast (which is true) and most people don't say another word. See? No one cares as much about what's on your plate (or what's not) as you do! Don't let this diet kill your social life!

Hope everyone has a great OP IP day!!
I hope you have fun at the mommy group that is one of those things that at first it's like dragging yourself there but then you have fun once you get there and yep no one really cares but you and then when you keep shrinking away they will only care becuse they want what you got!! Have a great OP day!!!

I'm a bit blah today too, but I know it's the darn snow!
100poundfreeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #47  
Started IP 10/6/11

S/C/G: 256/160/160

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone,
My typical meals are:
B- a peanut butter bar (these are the best IMO)
L - chicken soup packet, 2 c. spinach w/ oil, salt & pepper
D - varies but usu. beef, chicken or turkey w/ a variety of vegetables
Snack - pudding, drink or jello (a blender & ice will improve anything ) Hope you all have a great day!
Goldenrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #48  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Has anyone else experienced this.........
I went to bed Sunday night with a killer headache & woke up yesterday with it. Spent all day dealing with it, went to bed last night with it & woke up today still feeling "off", dizzy & really bad headache. I did the salt lick & that seemed to help for a little bit; but it just won't go away.

I just got over being sick, I felt better for like two days; so I don't know if I'm sick again? Or if this is just part of the diet. I feel like I'm going into ketosis again, but i'm still in it... so what gives?
Miranda,
Maybe you are dealing with sinuses or allergies. With the way the weather has been this year it is beginning earlier in most places of the country.
"IT" being allergy season!

Last edited by doublebaby; 02-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.
doublebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #49  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

Weighed in this morning, another .6 pounds are gone. My body this time around does not seem to want to let go of this weight. But that's ok, .6 is a heck of alot better than 0. I may have to try and switch some things up this week and see it that helps. I have been eating pretty much the same things for dinner.

I am feeling so much better since I have started this plan!! Congratulations on the losses this week and good luck to those who still have to weigh in. I hope everyone has a great OP day!
rissimo,
Hi, I left some questions for you a few days ago (can't remember which exactly and now I am on my way out the door but saw you were online)regarding your husband being on the alternative plan for diabetics. Is he doing well on it? Does his BS go low at all and about how much does he average in losing? My husband's BS was going down to 46 on the regular plan before and he stopped doing it is why I am wondering how he is doing on it. I do have to run now and if you don't mind may have some more questions later.
Thank you.
doublebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #50  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Totally fine to spread it out. I wouldn't do more than 2oz at lunch. I do it often and hasn't slowed my weight loss one bit!
Thanks I am hoping it will work for me!!
Kellym1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I am traveling for a couple of days! I just made oatmeal using hot water from the coffee maker! It was delicious, and cheap compared to an omlette, which was over $20 from room service!

I save all my protein for dinner. Because I work our from 6-7 most nights I am starving at 7:30, when I eat. And I have my snack in the afternoon to keep me going from lunch until 7:30.

Seems to work well..
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
rissimo,
Hi, I left some questions for you a few days ago (can't remember which exactly and now I am on my way out the door but saw you were online)regarding your husband being on the alternative plan for diabetics. Is he doing well on it? Does his BS go low at all and about how much does he average in losing? My husband's BS was going down to 46 on the regular plan before and he stopped doing it is why I am wondering how he is doing on it. I do have to run now and if you don't mind may have some more questions later.
Thank you.

Sent you a PM
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 184/153/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Morning of Day 6 and I SEE THE LIGHT y'all
(yes, thats me shouting my southern twang)

Finally woke up and don't feel sluggish, and getting the hang of spending 30min right after lunch spending time looking for a new recipe to try for dinner (have to do it after I've eaten or I'll get to hungry thinking about all the food choices) First WI tomorrow morning...
LE506, you got this!! It only gets better and better from here, you are past the worst part!
christyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 184/153/145

Height: 5'5

Weighed in last night. Down 3 pounds and a couple inches too from my waist.

The best part of this diet so far IMO is the way your clothes start feeling better so fast.
christyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #55  
slp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
Excellent, I was hoping for this answer!! If I can spread it out I can make this work for me!!

I was also thinking if I don't care for some of the food for example the soups/breakfast omelet/cereal/etc would it be ok to just use the drinks/bars as long as I were having 3 total per day? Again this is only day two for me but yesterday I tried the tomato basil soup and I gaged the whole time, could not get it down! I am going to keep trying the other packets I have BUT if I do not like them, I find I do like the drinks and bars, would it be ok to use those as my 3 per day (keeping in mind the bars are restricted and only allowed once a day)

Just trying to explore all of my options!!!
I am on day 2 also. The same thing happened to me yesterday with the chicken soup, gagged the whole time lol! When my coach called me last night I told her about it & asked her if I could skip the soups & she said no problem. She said I can bring them in & switch out with whatever I want. Good to know because I got a little nervous after the soup that this was going to be harder than I thought it would be. I had even "doctored" the soup with Finn's suggestion (on the recipe thread)of blending it with cooked veggies & seasoning.
slp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #56  
*Newbie IP Start 2/6/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slp View Post
I am on day 2 also. The same thing happened to me yesterday with the chicken soup, gagged the whole time lol! When my coach called me last night I told her about it & asked her if I could skip the soups & she said no problem. She said I can bring them in & switch out with whatever I want. Good to know because I got a little nervous after the soup that this was going to be harder than I thought it would be. I had even "doctored" the soup with Finn's suggestion (on the recipe thread)of blending it with cooked veggies & seasoning.
Hi SLP, glad to hear I am not the only one!! I just tried the veg chilli and it wasn't as bad but still didn't LOVE it.. I am trying to be positive and try all of them and give them a fair shot!! I am definately going to see if my coach will let me swap the ones I have that I know I wont use, I don't see why she wouldn't!! Best of luck to you, we can do this!!
Kellym1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #57  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

TOM here! Sorry to sound excited, but I have not had this since the month after my 19 mon. old daughter was born! I always know my body is doing good thinks when TOM comes, makes me feel like IP is doing good for me! I have went years with out and I know that's not good! WI #2 comming up and I'm excited!

Have a great OP day
100poundfreeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 232/210/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
so heres a question:
if you stay OP is there really anything you can do to effect your weight loss?
I think the best thing for me is to make sure that I am getting my oil in. I think things slow down when you don't. :-)
lbixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 157

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyr View Post
The best part of this diet so far IMO is the way your clothes start feeling better so fast.
That is SO true! It's very motivating when you first start.
Harmothoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 157

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellym1021 View Post
... the veg chilli and it wasn't as bad...
Okay, I must ask: what, if any, IP product do you find to be utterly vile and what is your favorite?

For me... Wildberry Yogurt. I just LOVE the chocolate soy puffs.
Harmothoe is offline   Reply With Quote