Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #31  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
A year ago this week I decided to do something about my weight...

Now I am on a new leg of this journey/marathon I find myself looking back going wow I came a long way. I may never reach my goal but I made a promise to myself not to ever get that heavy ever again. I am enjoying life more.
2ride -- I remember so many of these details and your struggles/triumphs week to week as we were on this journey together. I didn't realize that you had lost Jewel - I am so very, very sorry. She is in a better place, of that I am sure. And watching you run with your Rebel makes her smile...

Thank you for your inspirational post. I couldn't agree with you more. This diet has literally changed my life and given me the knowledge to understand how to control my weight forever. I do still struggle from day to day, and the endpoint is a moving target, not a specific number or clothing size. But, I have all the tools I need to stay thin. I just need to use those tools on the days when my weight is up, then keep myself in check when my weight is within range. No other diet has ever made it so simple.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #32  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Hi Pixl.. " i like this line. I just need to use the tools on the days when my weight is up, then keep myself in check when weight is in range." This is so true.
You have lost 60 pounds and are in a much much healthier position now. You have worked hard and understand your body so much more. It is hard work being constantly vigilant! I also get grouchy on my non Phase 3 breakfast morning. I hope today goes well for you.

Cap: I also appreciate everyone who posts..I also need to keep maintenance a huge focus in my life. Posting helps!

Here is a bit of humor:

No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch.

Last edited by Maile; 02-09-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #33  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Hi Pixl.. " i like this line. I just need to use the tools on the days when my weight is up, then keep myself in check when weight is in range." This is so true.
You have lost 60 pounds and are in a much much healthier position now. You have worked hard and understand your body so much more. It is hard work being constantly vigilant! I also get grouchy on my non Phase 3 breakfast morning. I hope today goes well for you.
I mixed coconut oil in with my Nashua oatmeal and I'm happy to report that it was simply delicious!!

Quote:
Here is a bit of humor:
This made my day. Thanks!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #34  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

good morning all am still away on training but have a minute to post... went out for supper last night with a group and I soooo wanted the milk chocolate peanutbutter cup on the menu... alas no one ordered it so I settled for water... was just going to have a little spoonful.. haven't been doing real good on my trip but not hugely bad either, soups and salads mostly. the coffee is going to kill me though.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

I am one week on IP. But, I come over to read this thread often! I want to keep my eyes on my goal. You all give me hope for the future.
Samba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I love it!

Finished reading "Why We Get Fat, And What to Do About It" by Gary Taubes. I highly, highly recommend it. One thing he discusses is how it has only been recently that a low-fat, high-carb diet has been recommended and that previously it was common knowledge that carbohydrates make you fat. He discuses metabolic syndrome (which we all learned through IP) and discusses the science and studies of what carbs make you fat. He includes the result of a study comparing 4 diets and shows that the Atkins diet (low carb) across the board was more beneficial for weight loss, lowering bp, etc. His conclusion is advocating a reduction in carbs. He says that everyone's body is different (so you can't say 20 g, 50 g or 100g of carbs a day is what everyone should eat).

Rather than setting an arbitrary limit, for number of carbs per day or simply reducing carbs as much as possible, he is more aligned with Dr. Atkins approach, which is to find the amount of carbs your body tolerates without gaining weight. This makes sense to me, so now I'm off to study how Atkins recommends we find our perfect level of carbs. Maybe knowing how many carbs a day I can tolerate will help in maintenance!
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
I love it!

Rather than setting an arbitrary limit, for number of carbs per day or simply reducing carbs as much as possible, he is more aligned with Dr. Atkins approach, which is to find the amount of carbs your body tolerates without gaining weight. This makes sense to me, so now I'm off to study how Atkins recommends we find our perfect level of carbs. Maybe knowing how many carbs a day I can tolerate will help in maintenance!
That makes so much sense about finding your limit. Everyone is unique in how our bodies process food.

I am hearing a lot lately about how much sodium is in our diets.
Researchers were surprised to discover that the largest source of sodium in the North Americian diet is now from bread and bread type products.

A number of people have asked me what I am doing to lose weight. When I say what I am eating everyone can't imagine not eating bread and "crazy fad diet" warnings start flashing in their heads and they quickly lose interest.

We have become so ingrained with the notion that grain products are our primary foodsource.

But aside from the carbs there is also a the high sodium so they carry a double whammy.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

PxlKitty- I tried to "quote" this, but this website drives me crazy!!!

NESPRESSO NESPRESSO NESPRESSO!!!!!

I have the Nespresso Pixie and aside from hubby, it is the love of my life! I absolutely love it! I also have the Aeroccino so you can make steamed and foamed milk for latte's and capuccino's. It tasted like coffee you would get in Europe. I am so spoiled now that I can't even drink Dunkin or Starbucks anymore.

If he is an espresso drinker, I am telling you, he will love a nespresso machine. Oh, and they are so much easier to use (and clean) than a traditional espresso machine.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Sometimes this website drives me nuts! Anyway, I have been SUPER busy, but I do want to touch base on a few things going on. Hopefully I will have a little bit of time this afternoon and I can come back on
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #40  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
PxlKitty- I tried to "quote" this, but this website drives me crazy!!!

NESPRESSO NESPRESSO NESPRESSO!!!!!
I've had this at the fancy hotel in ny. there is one in the room. i will go to williams sonoma today to check it out. i had the citiz one and i liked it. cute, cute!!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 243/139/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I went through a bootcamp for a couple of weeks, then I did phase 2 for 10 days, still yo-yoing back to phase 1 and lost a little so back to phase 2 I went and then I went to phase 3. That is just a weird thing to eat fruit, yogurt and bread with butter or my case peanut butter. You get so full but know you are doing things properly. I finally lost in phase 3 I was so excited. We decided that I wasn't quite at my goal, but I would go into maintenance anyway. Nov 21 I went into maintenance weighing 146. 95 lbs lost in 10 months I was looking forward to what maintenance would provide and how I would handle it. They let you loose with a little advise about carbs and fats and they should never be together as two kids that always fight... and off you go.
First of all, congratulations on your success and good luck in finding the right balance. I am a long way from maintenance, but I wanted to drop in on this thread for a little inspiration!

I am curious about the advice that carbs and fats should never be together. You mentioned bread with butter or peanut butter. With that advice wouldn't that be something to avoid? I'm not sure how the different phases work.
glomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #42  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomor View Post
First of all, congratulations on your success and good luck in finding the right balance. I am a long way from maintenance, but I wanted to drop in on this thread for a little inspiration!

I am curious about the advice that carbs and fats should never be together. You mentioned bread with butter or peanut butter. With that advice wouldn't that be something to avoid? I'm not sure how the different phases work.
Check out the stickies for phases and look up phase 3. Breakfast is pretty much the only meal where you can combine...
Old 02-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 243/139/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Check out the stickies for phases and look up phase 3. Breakfast is pretty much the only meal where you can combine...
OK, thanks!
glomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

I have a question for the maintainers. My coach made me stay on phase 1 until I lost all of the weight that i wanted to lose. After reaching my goal, she immediately moved me to phase 3. She said that since I was at goal, she didn't feel the need for Phase 2. I lost weight the 14 days that I was on Phase 3. I started Phase 4 last Thursday and went weigh in today. On Phase 4, I lost an additional 2.4 pounds. The coach that I deal with wasn't there but the lady that weighed me seemed very concerned that I would lose that amount in 1 week on Phase 4. I am following the plan faithfully. Has anyone else in maintenance lost in the first week of Phase 4. I am even journaling into my fitness pal and am currently eating around 1200 calories a day. I am going to do the same this week and see what the coach says at my next weigh in.
Louisiana chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:09 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 139/120.2/118

Height: 5'6"

Hello all! I've been a bug on the wall for several weeks and have learned so much about IP from reading everyones posts...thank you! I'll be moving to phase 2/3 very soon and wanted to get some help with the Phase 3 breakfast. Living in Alaska, I'm very limited to products/brands and will most likely have to order online for items such as cereal (muesli and/or granola). I'm not sure bread can be ordered online and still be fresh but that might be a possibility as well. I've combed this forum by reading several threads and doing searches and I found a couple brand names but wanted to ask for your help as well. Can you share the brand name of muesli, granola, bread, yogurt (include if you use low-fat or non-fat), peanut butter, etc. that you've used? Thank you and congratulations on your maintenance!!
GoodEatsandWine is offline   Reply With Quote