Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

[QUOTE=Pxlkitty4;4216726]I'm going off wheat.[QUOTE]

Hurray! Definitely keep us posted. It could take up to 3 days before it is completely out of your system, so don't dispair. Also, be aware of hidden wheat- it is in just about every single bread- even Ezekiel.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I'm going off wheat. Stay tuned for my report in a few days. Weight is 153.0. Grr. I have a cold and work is stressful. Mother in law comes today and I have a lot to do before she gets here. One of those days where I really wish the full time job was a little less "full".
Hang in there sister. I totally sympathize with overly stressful work. And I'm coming down with a cold too Good luck with going wheat free, I'll be interested to hear how you feel.

As for me, I have been diligently studying for what to eat when I go back on maintenance. I went through the original Maintainers thread and found I had posted that at 1400 calories and less than 100g of carbs per day I was still losing weight which allowed me flexibility to have a cheat day followed by a P1 or P2 day and not worry about overeating or having a slip up during the week. Yay! I already had my formula, I just forgot I created it. Now if I can just get a few more pesky pounds to come off on this reboot...
bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #123  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

[QUOTE=jennydoodle;4216859][QUOTE=Pxlkitty4;4216726]I'm going off wheat.
Quote:

Hurray! Definitely keep us posted. It could take up to 3 days before it is completely out of your system, so don't dispair. Also, be aware of hidden wheat- it is in just about every single bread- even Ezekiel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
Hang in there sister. I totally sympathize with overly stressful work. And I'm coming down with a cold too Good luck with going wheat free, I'll be interested to hear how you feel.
thanks everyone. I am off Friday and we are going to NY for fun. Sucky time to have a cold. February is cursed for me... Every year, I get sick 2-3 times. Argh!!

I just made a dr appt for this afternoon. I realized that I need help fighting this stupid thing.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 02-15-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 180/148/143

Height: 5'10"

[QUOTE=Maile;4212355]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINTAINisGoal View Post
I have taken two trips to Hawaii and maintained my weight. You can do it. I ate lots of Asian food for lunch and dinner..stayed away from rice. Also there are some excellent fish dishes on the menus.
Since the weather is warm, I walked everyday for exercise.
I also took IP crispy cereal packets so that I could have that for breakfast on days when the dinner might not have been quite optimum health.

Costco is a great resource for saving money over there!

Have a wonderful trip!
Thanks for your ideas with Asian food for lunch and dinner. We plan on stopping at Costco... what are some items you found there that helped with "thoughtful maintenance" while vacationing in paradise?
MAINTAINisGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Hi Maintainers,

I'm certainly not here yet, but hope to be some day. I just posted this in the daily chat but thought you might not see it there and clueless on how to link to another area.

I'm a huge fan of Dr. Hyman and thought you might enjoy a blog article of his on wheat and why it makes us fat. I know I'm one of those especially wheat and sugar sensitive people, so I'll be avoiding both during maintenance.

He has even created a new term linking the obesity and diabetic epidemic we are seeing - diabesity.

http://drhyman.com/three-hidden-ways...=Get+the+story

Have a great day!
sherylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #126  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
As for me, I have been diligently studying for what to eat when I go back on maintenance. I went through the original Maintainers thread and found I had posted that at 1400 calories and less than 100g of carbs per day I was still losing weight which allowed me flexibility to have a cheat day followed by a P1 or P2 day and not worry about overeating or having a slip up during the week. Yay! I already had my formula, I just forgot I created it. Now if I can just get a few more pesky pounds to come off on this reboot...
Thanks for posting!! I might use your formula as a starting point when I get on maintenance again. How long are you doing the reboot again? I have one week officially done, and I lost 4.4lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylynn View Post
Hi Maintainers,
I'm a huge fan of Dr. Hyman and thought you might enjoy a blog article of his on wheat and why it makes us fat. I know I'm one of those especially wheat and sugar sensitive people, so I'll be avoiding both during maintenance.

He has even created a new term linking the obesity and diabetic epidemic we are seeing - diabesity.

Thanks for posting!! Very interesting.

PIXL-hang in there...I hope the doc has some good stuff that clears you up fast! And hope you can get all your stuff done before MIL gets there. Don't stress though...it'll all work out.

As for me, just hanging in there. I seem to be getting hungry again between meals, so yesterday I had a tbsp of peanut butter in the afternoon. Not good when you're on Ph 1 of the reboot! UGH. I brought pickles in today, so I'll make myself eat those instead and just suck it up.

Also, there's a blood drive on Friday that I was asked to donate for. I'm nervous...last time I donated on P1, I passed out. So maybe I do P2 that day, have my bar for lunch right before I go in, and then bring a RTD shake for right afterward. Yikes!
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylynn View Post
Hi Maintainers,

I'm certainly not here yet, but hope to be some day. I just posted this in the daily chat but thought you might not see it there and clueless on how to link to another area.

Have a great day!
Thank you for posting this. It makes me think... how can I ever get my husband and children to quit eating bread? We all love bread, myself included. Wow- something to work towards for sure. Thanks again.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Great article. It is pretty much "Wheat Belly" in an abreviated version.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGuyonIP View Post
I will be starting Phase 3 tomorrow. My coach said I might see 2 to 5 pound gain, but I am okay with that. I thought phasing out would be very exciting, but it is turning out to be a little anxiety-causing. Life on phases 1 and 2 was so easy once I got into a routine, which was months ago. Now, something new. My palate has changed to the point that I can detect hidden sugar in food, regardless of the amount. I feel like I am one of those truffle-smelling hogs who can sniff out truffles under several feet of dirt.

So, any advice or resources you would like to share or point me to would be great.

Thanks. Don.
I feel your anxiety. About 4 weeks ago, I went on to Phase 3 and stayed on it for 2 weeks. I had tons of questions for my coach because I didn't want to screw anything up. I ended up losing on Phase 3. This is my second week of phase 4 and last week I lost 2 pounds. Not sure how my weight will do tomorrow once I go weigh in. Phase 3 breakfast is something that i look forward to even though I have never been a breakfast person. you will be fine because you are in the right place by checking these boards.
Louisiana chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing I am one that could not do a phase off with the added starchy carbs. I'm thinking that I am just not a gluten tolerant type. I pretty much eat Atkins style now with lots of low carb veggies, eggs, meat, feta cheese, protein shakes and an avacodo daily! I also run about 30 miles a week and throw in a cheat day now and then. The IP program really is the best program out there for real weight loss and I'm so glad that I found it when I did! Maintaining has been so easy because I get my sweet fix with my pure protein or Atkins shakes and I never feel hungry or deprived! Great job to all my fellow maintainers!!
TWoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #131  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Pixl: Good luck on going wheat free. The Wheat belly has some good looking recipes in the back. Does this mean you are going to have to give up your Nashua favorites or can you find some new ones?
I am the same way about my DIL..whenever she comes I have to really clean the house! Hope the Dr helps your cold.

Sherylynn: Thanks for an excellent article. It was very thorough.

Twoww I am glad maintenance is going so well for you! I stay away from carbs as much as possible also. Congratulations!

Progress with my husband! So I informed my husband that my Dr. just told me that I looked great and that my weight was perfect. My husband responded that I did not look too thin and looked fine. Now this is progress from a few months ago. Is he finally getting used to the new me?
My other good news is that my belly bulge is caused from a small pregnancy hernia and is not fat!

Last edited by Maile; 02-16-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #132  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

[QUOTE=MAINTAINisGoal;4216916]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

Thanks for your ideas with Asian food for lunch and dinner. We plan on stopping at Costco... what are some items you found there that helped with "thoughtful maintenance" while vacationing in paradise?
I bought Costco vegetables and made lots of salads. I took WF dressing and used it. I bought their cooked shrimp and used it for salads. I found you could eat some teriyaki and asian stir fries with out gaining if you stayed away from the rice. Grilled Mahi mahi is excellent. Just keep away from the MaiTais as they are loaded with sugar. Have a wonderful trip.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #133  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

hi everyone. i didn't have anything with wheat all yesterday and already i feel better. pants feel better, down another pound today (2 lbs in 3 days)... woohoo!!! i'm sure the sudafed high is helping too.

got a new fancy nasal spray. nothing great in terms of meds, but she said that i didn't have an infection, just lots of "inflammation" and some fluid in my head that i needed to get the congestion under control in order to fix. we'll see...
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
. I am down the pound and seeing it.
Happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing I am one that could not do a phase off with the added starchy carbs. I'm thinking that I am just not a gluten tolerant type. I pretty much eat Atkins style now with lots of low carb veggies, eggs, meat, feta cheese, protein shakes and an avacodo daily! I also run about 30 miles a week and throw in a cheat day now and then. The IP program really is the best program out there for real weight loss and I'm so glad that I found it when I did! Maintaining has been so easy because I get my sweet fix with my pure protein or Atkins shakes and I never feel hungry or deprived! Great job to all my fellow maintainers!!
Thanks for sharing this. It's always nice to hear others' experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
hi everyone. i didn't have anything with wheat all yesterday and already i feel better. pants feel better, down another pound today (2 lbs in 3 days)... woohoo!!! i'm sure the sudafed high is helping too.

got a new fancy nasal spray. nothing great in terms of meds, but she said that i didn't have an infection, just lots of "inflammation" and some fluid in my head that i needed to get the congestion under control in order to fix. we'll see...
wow 2 lbs in 3 days is great. I really must read the Wheat Belly book. Keep up posted, I will be very interested in how your wheat-free journey goes, and I hope your cold gets better soon. Good think it's not an infection, antibiotics are not fun.

Last edited by Gika; 02-16-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Progress with my husband! So I informed my husband that my Dr. just told me that I looked great and that my weight was perfect. My husband responded that I did not look too thin and looked fine. Now this is progress from a few months ago. Is he finally getting used to the new me?
My other good news is that my belly bulge is caused from a small pregnancy hernia and is not fat!
I'm guessing your husband used to tell you you were looking too thin?so I'm glad he thinks you look great now. Yeah, it sounds like he's gotten used to the new you.
So is that hernia dangerous? will you need to do something about it? I'm glad you're happy that is not fat though
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote