3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

The Maintainers. Vol. 4

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 186

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatetolosegirl View Post
bigpassport, I have a question for you if you don't mind answering. I have the same goal weight as you of 130 lbs and I am about 13 pounds away. I am 5'5'' tall, wondering what size you are considering you're much taller than I am. I am mostly size 4/6 jeans depending on the brand.
I am a Size 8 pant, and am comfortably in an 8. I really don't see myself getting down to a Size 6 as a regular size. I'm thrilled and still a little amazed that I'm an 8, considering I started at a 16 and a 10 is previously the absolute thinnest I'd ever been. HTH.
__________________
Lee

bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 186

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Default

Cap The scale moved today! According to my coach's scale, I was down 6 lbs on the second week of reboot. I'm a little skeptical, though, because my home scale weigh ins haven't been that dramatic. It does give me encouragement to keep going on Phase 1. I'm jumping into my 3rd week of P1 now and will just take it week by week before deciding when to move to P2. When is Hawaii? Soooo jealous!

Jenny Advocare sounds interesting. Especially the part about your energy being through the roof. Please keep us posted on your results with it.

Pxl Has your experience on maintenance borne out the IP theory that fats and carbs should be separated? This, it seems, is something that really distinguishes IP from other low carb diets. I haven't read anything about separating fats and carbs other than IP. Maybe I should go Google. I'm planning my re-introduction to maintenance and am trying to decide whether to stick with Phase 4 (which honestly worked very well as long as we followed it) or whether to do just do low carb and find my carb tolerance level a la Dr. Atkins.

Good Eats I like the Clean Eating magazine and concept too. I'd like the magazine more if the recipes were a little more geared to low carb lifestyles.

Maile I'll have to get my hands on Wheatbelly now. I'm going to go back through the Why We Get Fat book and see what he says about high saturated fat foods. I don't recall (ther's so much info in the book, it's hard to digest it all!).

Have a great weekend everyone!!
__________________
Lee

bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:40 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 196

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Default

Well, I've had a few rough days lately, and today I finally completely sabotaged myself by eating off plan. I was struggling with how to say this, as I don't really want to make it sound like I'm rationalizing, also I don't want to discourage all of you, especially the "rebooters". I'm taking responsability for my actions. I've had stressful times before and that was no excuse or reason to fall off the wagon, as CLEARLY that didn't solve my problems nor did it take away the stress.. actually it only increased it... ugh
Well, I didn't want to come back before having a clear plan of action. I think that part of the problem was that I've been vacillating on my decision to stay on phase 1 or go to phase 3. Because of that, I've decided that I need a definite plan, and that is to stay on phase 1 until I reach 123 lbs. It might take a while, as my losses have been really small lately, but it won't take the 6 months that it took me to lose the rest of the weight, so I'm sure I could do it.
I really hope I'm not discouraging anyone here. Also I'd rather not post here again if I have another slip off.. I guess at that point I would need to deal with my issues in another way.

My slip off wasn't huge, basically just some bread today at dinner. All I can say is, it wasn't satisfying, it didn't mitigate my anxiety and it didn't solve my problems. So.. totally not worth it.

I feel really emotionally drained.. (why oh why does food have to have so much power ???) so this is it for me today. I will come back over the weekend and catch up.

Good night everyone
__________________


IP WI#1 -7 WI#2 -2 WI #3 -3.5 WI#4 -1.5 WI#5 -1.0
WI #6 -2.5 WI #7 & #8 (combined) -6 WI#9 -1.5 WI#10 -2.0 WI#11 -1.5 WI #12 -1.5 WI# 13 -2.0
WI#14 -0 WI#15 -3.0 WI#16 -1.5 WI#17 -1.5 WI#18 & 19 (combined) -3.0 WI#20 -1.0 WI#21 -1 WI#22 -1.5 WI#23 -1.0 WI#24 (phase 3) -1.5 WI#25 -1.0
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Pauley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sumner, WA
Posts: 280

S/C/G: 217/157/160

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
I am a Size 8 pant, and am comfortably in an 8. I really don't see myself getting down to a Size 6 as a regular size. I'm thrilled and still a little amazed that I'm an 8, considering I started at a 16 and a 10 is previously the absolute thinnest I'd ever been. HTH.
This is interesting. I am the same height, same size and weigh nearly 30 lbs more! I was busting out of my 16s when I started too, and that was at 217 lbs. I think I have large heavy bones. I do feel the same way about size 8 as you. I love it!!

I've been combing thrift stores for spring/summer wear and really enjoying buying cute capri pants in an 8. It was pretty expensive buying all new clothes for fall/winter, even shopping discounts, thrift and consignment. Now I am faced with doing it all over again with spring and summer clothes! Not that I'm complaining... very thankful to need smaller clothes.

Sooooooooo glad it's finally the weekend! Work has been stressful and we have no plans for the day today. Of course I still woke up at 5:30.

All this Hawaii talk has me excited for my Maui trip in July. Wish I was going sooner like you guys! You'll get to see the whales. Are you swimsuit shopping?

Jenny - that program sounds great. Interested to hear more. I could use the energy!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #65
Started IP 2/25/2011...
 
Pxlkitty4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3853N 7707W
Posts: 1,289

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
Well, I've had a few rough days lately...

I guess at that point I would need to deal with my issues in another way.
Hi. Don't beat yourself up. We all struggle with the old emotions and days that just go badly. The whole idea is that we no longer throw in the towel completely and start eating for sport and gain back ten pounds. Rather... we come here for support, we know what we need to do, and we get back on track (regardless of what track we are on). I've been struggling with being slightly over my weight range since about the beginning of December. I'm slightly aggravated by it, but I also have to not beat myself up. Now I'm struggling with 2 to 5 lbs, not 60!!

Where else could I turn where people actually understand me?? Please don't feel like you have to walk away ashamed if you go off track. We are here for precisely that reason??


As for feeling bad, keep in mind that is the food that is making you feel that way. If I eat bread, I feel bloated, cranky, and huge... Wheat bread seems to cause other issues, including slowing down my metabolism and generally uncomfortable. So... we can't feel better until we start eating things that don't make us feel that way...

At some point, I came up with a quote. It went something like this. I have to control what I am eating in order to control how I am feeling... If you let the food control the way you feel, the food is winning. Don't beat yourself up. Just realize that it is your body's addiction to carbs and that you have to get past it by changing your meals.
__________________
See mini goal album for weekly weight losses.




Mini-goals:
180s 4/4 ~ 170s 5/2 ~ 160s 5/30 ~ 150s 7/11 ~ 140s 8/15 ~ Goal 9/16 ~
Maintenance! 10/6

Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-pictures.html

If I do what I have always done, I will look like I have always looked and weigh what I have always weighed...
This diet/protocol/way of life that we call IP is a way out... if you let it be.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 186

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Default

Pauley I think it also has to do with where our weight is distributed. My hips, thighs and butt are my problem areas, so my pant size might be bigger because of that. I feel your pain about having to buy all new clothes. When I cleaned out my closet last fall, I literally had 1 pair of pants and 1 skirt I could wear. I'm frugal, so building up my wardrobe has been slow. My trick is to wear different tops with the same basic bottoms and hope no one notices!

Gika I feel the exact opposite as you about posting on the Maintainers thread. I would never post about a slip up on a newbie thread, but feel I can be totally honest here with friends who have 'been there done that'. So pleeaaase don't stay away because of how you think you will affect us. We are here to help you! Also, it doesn't sound like your cheat was all that bad. Forgive yourself and move on. For whatever reason, my losses on the reboot have been very slow too. Not dramatic like when I originally did IP. The scale was up again this morning But overall, I am losing. Even if it's only 1 or 2 lbs a week, it's coming off. Stick with it, you can do it!
__________________
Lee

bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #67
Maile
 
Maile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NW
Posts: 1,473

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Default

[quote=MAINTAINisGoal;4211294]
Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Thank you to those of you that replied to my question about the IP packets crossing the border. I'm going to stick them in my luggage and hope for the best because I do not want to be without them. Could probably manage but don't really want to.


I would love to hear about your Hawaii trip and IP Maintenance. I'm leaving for Hawaii in 6 weeks and will have been on Phase 4 only 1 week before we leave. When you have a moment will you please share what worked and what didn't. I have a workout plan and a mini-kitchen at our resort so I will have alot of control... good thing. With that said my husband are taking a much needed trip, just the two of us, and would don't want to be in "paradise" living like "IP prisoners". I guess this is the "giant puzzle" to figure out the rest of our lives... successful MAINTENANCE!!!

Any tips specific to maintenance in Hawaii would be much appreciated!
I have taken two trips to Hawaii and maintained my weight. You can do it. I ate lots of Asian food for lunch and dinner..stayed away from rice. Also there are some excellent fish dishes on the menus.
Since the weather is warm, I walked everyday for exercise.
I also took IP crispy cereal packets so that I could have that for breakfast on days when the dinner might not have been quite optimum health.

Costco is a great resource for saving money over there!

Have a wonderful trip!
__________________
Maintenance 2 years and 9 months.

Last edited by Maile : 02-11-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #68
Maile
 
Maile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NW
Posts: 1,473

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
But... what IP teaches us is that these foods are not bad unless they are combined with carbs. In fact, I read somewhere that cholesterol is not the enemy. In fact, women with higher cholesterol live longer. Makes you wonder about all the ads on tv... who are they benefiting? big pharma??

http://www.naturalnews.com/033975_hi...t_attacks.html
You know I have read that also. I guess I had a strong fear when a year ago my cholesterol was up...plus I know that the higher fat food could potentially cause weight gain.
I strongly recommend Why we Get Fat by Taubes. He really has excellent information on the society's misconceptions on losing and gaining weight. I have not reached his solution yet..
" I am going to argue that this calories in/out paradigm of adiposity is nonsensical: that we don't get fat because we eat too much and move too little, and that we can't solve the problem or prevent it by consciously doing the opposite."
" In other words, science makes it clear that hormones, enzymes, and growth factors regulate our fat tissue, just as they do everything else in the human body. That we do not get fat because we overeat, we get fat because the carbohydrates in our diet make us fat."
"What do I need to do to remain lean? Stay away from carbohydrate rich foods..refined carbohydrates and sugars."

However, I do know that if you do eat too much food..no matter what kind you will gain weight.
__________________
Maintenance 2 years and 9 months.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #69
Maile
 
Maile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NW
Posts: 1,473

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
Well, I've had a few rough days lately, and today I finally completely sabotaged myself by eating off plan. I was struggling with how to say this, as I don't really want to make it sound like I'm rationalizing, also I don't want to discourage all of you, especially the "rebooters". I'm taking responsability for my actions. I've had stressful times before and that was no excuse or reason to fall off the wagon, as CLEARLY that didn't solve my problems nor did it take away the stress.. actually it only increased it... ugh
Well, I didn't want to come back before having a clear plan of action. I think that part of the problem was that I've been vacillating on my decision to stay on phase 1 or go to phase 3. Because of that, I've decided that I need a definite plan, and that is to stay on phase 1 until I reach 123 lbs. It might take a while, as my losses have been really small lately, but it won't take the 6 months that it took me to lose the rest of the weight, so I'm sure I could do it.
I really hope I'm not discouraging anyone here. Also I'd rather not post here again if I have another slip off.. I guess at that point I would need to deal with my issues in another way.

My slip off wasn't huge, basically just some bread today at dinner. All I can say is, it wasn't satisfying, it didn't mitigate my anxiety and it didn't solve my problems. So.. totally not worth it.

I feel really emotionally drained.. (why oh why does food have to have so much power ???) so this is it for me today. I will come back over the weekend and catch up.

Good night everyone
Gika..Please keep posting if you feel like it, What you are going through, is what all of us do..we slip..we learn from it, and get back on track. Yes,it is so exhausting to have these cravings for food. You are not discouraging any of us as we all have had the same feelings of discouragement and fear.
I love to ready your posts and enjoy your support.
You may feel better when you chose the Phase you want to be on. For what it is worth, you can lose on Phase 3..just eat low carb the rest of the day.
You are so close to that goal of 123..It is bound to go slower as you get closer.
You can do it. keep telling yourself. your goal is progress not perfection.
Even to this day I can find myself slipping into an irrational fear of OMG what if I gain all of this weight back?
__________________
Maintenance 2 years and 9 months.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #70
Maile
 
Maile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NW
Posts: 1,473

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Default

Aloha Cap..Have a wonderful trip to Hawaii. Good luck with your MIL and her Italian cooking. You are focused and can do it. You can always try to eat lots of sauce and pick at the pasta parts! The weather is great over there now.

Pauley: Have fun finding new clothes. I was also thinking of heading to the thrift stores ..I think I have the Feb clothes blues where i am tired of all of my clothes.

Lee: That book is amazing. It is fascinating reading. I was so surprised to read about poverty and starving children coming in with obese mothers.
He really has excellent information. I am half way through the book..so I do not know about his conclusions about low carb. However, as I mentioned earlier, I do question his comment about not eating too much food. Also I am an exercise fanatic..so it was hard to read that exercise will not cure obesity..Interesting that marathon runners steadily gain weight. I am wondering if he is going to say it is the type of food that you eat.
Thanks for sharing that book. I love it!
__________________
Maintenance 2 years and 9 months.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
sunnymae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 376

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Default

Hello Beautiful Ladies,

OMG....I'm away a week and I have about an hour of reading to do on our amazing, info filled, thrill a minute, and very funny sometimes... thread!

Capricious
--just wanted to let you know that when I took all my IP stuff to France ( I was on ph1 still and needed EVERYTHING) I took everything out of the boxes and put them in ziplock bags. I cut out the face of each box including a side or back panel which had the ingredients on it. I felt that way if customs went thru my luggage and saw all these packets and powders, they could very easily verify the contents. It worked like a charm. They did go thru the luggage (in US they have to insert a message in your luggage stating so) and all went well. Just thought to let you know in case you want to try that.

I'm sure I'll have more comments as I catch up with all the book recommendations, ongoing conversations and tip exchanges. Glad to be back on the forum.

At my end, I've been much more relaxed about maintaining and I have to say...not being stressed about it and trusting myself just a little bit more each day has me less attracted to emotional eating. I found that the stress of worrying all the time about if I was going to gain weight doing this and that, was actually a huge factor in my off day binges. Now I'm having more normal small indulgences throughout the week, so it's not all pent up waiting for a free day. Instead I'm having "free moments" and that seems to satisfy me much better. Having said that....I must watch my alcohol consumption. That is the one thing I have to count and limit. It is my downfall to not caring and reaching out for more sugar. That's my pattern, so I'm glad I've identified my personal culprit. Once we all hone in on that one "thing" that does it to us...it gets much easier.
I weighed in at a surprising 125.9 the other day with my new attitude. My goal (and it doesn't matter to me how long it takes) is to get closer to 119-120, so I can gain 5-6 lbs during the year and be back at 125, rather than 130.
Have a great weekend Girls!
Sunnymae
ps. I do a lot of walking.Have my first exercise class tomorrow after about a year of just not being able to get near a gym....just sayin' in out loud so my arse gets there at 3:30!!!!!
__________________
IP start date Oct. 24 2010

maintaining since Feb 10,2011
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
capricious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 528

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Default

Well I finally saw 'my' number on the scale this morning. Almost a two pound drop from yesterday morning's weigh in. Went from top of weight range to low- middle and while it is ridiculous that it makes me so joyful I am so truly relieved to see it before we leave for Hawaii tomorrow morning.
pauley- when we went to Jasper at the end of December I wanted to enjoy the hot pools and bought a medium 2 piece suit. I didn't try it on because I just figured that being a swim suit it would fit and three children & a husband don't bear me trying on clothes very well I was surprised that it was falling off of me in the pool and also extremely self conscious because I most definitely bear the battle scars of motherhood with a c-section scar, stretch lines etc. It drives me absolutely nuts that I can fit into 2, 4, 6 pants (depends on where they're from) and still be so uncomfortable naked. So, I have settled on the tankini, I'm much more comfortable in it...
jennydoodle- I'm with you on focusing on fat loss rather than weight loss. It's the only thing I can think that will help with above stated problem! You'll have to keep us posted on how the Advocare turns out.
bigpassport Yay!!!! I am so happy for you that the darned scale needle finally moved!!! That's awesome news! Hard work finally pays off!
maile- thank you for your encouragement about Hawaii. I really do believe that it's one of the easier places to go on vacation and stick to a maintenance plan. If only because there are so many like minded individuals around. It does also help my mindset that MIL has decided she is allergic to cheese & dairy. This quite likely means that her meals will be quite healthful as she already doesn't cook with any sodium as FIL has heart issues. Change is always scary as is loss of absolute control. But both can be overcome... still remember pxlkitty's quote 'planning takes the scary out of everything'... so I plan to:
-Go for a jog every morning (have done this almost every time I've gone as my little ones wake SO early ((5am!)) and dh & dd usually want to sleep)
-avoid carbs
- track, track, track
it's a brilliant idea you had to offset a heavier supper with an IP breakfast packet- I will definitely adopt that!
Gika- Please keep posting!! You may feel like you never truly 'joined' this group as your weeks on Phase 4 were spent away and you have been on a reboot since you got back. But here's the thing... you have been maintaining your overall loss for quite a time now... you may want a few extra pounds but the bulk of your weight loss is now maintenance. You are giving a lot of emotional power to food (hey I do it too- I soooo know the feeling ) by letting the bread make you feel bad about yourself. Eating bread doesn't make you a bad maintainer unworthy of posting... it makes you a normal maintainer that had some bread. Think of all the weight you have lost and kept off rather than the last few that are still there. You can take care of them... you've come a long way... just keep posting- we are here to support you and when I go off and get myself into a bowl of homemade parmesan bruschetta with a french roll (which is what I did on a non free day in the middle of the week when I was first maintaining) that I was just going to have 'one bite' of and ended up having quite a few more I expect that you will tell me the same thing. It's okay and tomorrow is a new day. And seriously, I really do expect you to be here to tell me that. Because I'm pretty sure it'll happen... cause it does.
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #73
Maintenance 12/01/11
 
jennydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 985

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Where else could I turn where people actually understand me?? Please don't feel like you have to walk away ashamed if you go off track. We are here for precisely that reason??


As for feeling bad, keep in mind that is the food that is making you feel that way. If I eat bread, I feel bloated, cranky, and huge... Wheat bread seems to cause other issues, including slowing down my metabolism and generally uncomfortable. So... we can't feel better until we start eating things that don't make us feel that way...
.
Ditto...
__________________
Started maintenance on 12/01/11
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #74
Maintenance 12/01/11
 
jennydoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 985

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
Gika I feel the exact opposite as you about posting on the Maintainers thread. I would never post about a slip up on a newbie thread, but feel I can be totally honest here with friends who have 'been there done that'. So pleeaaase don't stay away because of how you think you will affect us. We are here to help you! Also, it doesn't sound like your cheat was all that bad. Forgive yourself and move on. For whatever reason, my losses on the reboot have been very slow too. Not dramatic like when I originally did IP. The scale was up again this morning But overall, I am losing. Even if it's only 1 or 2 lbs a week, it's coming off. Stick with it, you can do it!
Exactly the way I feel! Who better to help you than those of us who have been there?!?! Newbies do not need to hear about this kind of stuff. We are the ones who can handle it.
__________________
Started maintenance on 12/01/11
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 196

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

Default

Pxlkitty4, Maile, bigpassport, Capricious, I just want to let you guys know that I really appreciate your words and encouragement! I really really do.

I went to bed feeling dejected, but this morning I felt that it was time for the pity party to be over. I have a clear goal now and I will do the work that I need to to achieve it. 123, here I come.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post

At some point, I came up with a quote. It went something like this. I have to control what I am eating in order to control how I am feeling... If you let the food control the way you feel, the food is winning. Don't beat yourself up. Just realize that it is your body's addiction to carbs and that you have to get past it by changing your meals.
I agree, letting the food control how we feel is an awful thing. I was distraught just thinking about how much I let that slip off affect me emotionally. Also, as you mentioned, I need to remember that I have 5 lbs to struggle with, not 50. That's not quite so intimidating
I'm sure you will get back to your comfort zone soon, there's no doubt in my mind that you have what it takes to do it.


Gika I feel the exact opposite as you about posting on the Maintainers thread. I would never post about a slip up on a newbie thread, but feel I can be totally honest here with friends who have 'been there done that'. So pleeaaase don't stay away because of how you think you will affect us. We are here to help you! Also, it doesn't sound like your cheat was all that bad. Forgive yourself and move on. For whatever reason, my losses on the reboot have been very slow too. Not dramatic like when I originally did IP. The scale was up again this morning But overall, I am losing. Even if it's only 1 or 2 lbs a week, it's coming off. Stick with it, you can do it![/quote]

Thanks, you are right, I absolutely need to move on and get to the finish line now. Actually I think it's great that you're still losing 1-2 lbs a week, it looks like you will get to your goal very soon. My losses had slowed to less than that, but reassessed my routine and I think that there's some room for improvement (as far as what packages to use, etc) and hopefully that will help me get to at least 1 lbs a week. You are doing great on your reboot! I'm re-joining you there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Gika..Please keep posting if you feel like it, What you are going through, is what all of us do..we slip..we learn from it, and get back on track. Yes,it is so exhausting to have these cravings for food. You are not discouraging any of us as we all have had the same feelings of discouragement and fear.
I love to ready your posts and enjoy your support.
You may feel better when you chose the Phase you want to be on. For what it is worth, you can lose on Phase 3..just eat low carb the rest of the day.
You are so close to that goal of 123..It is bound to go slower as you get closer.
You can do it. keep telling yourself. your goal is progress not perfection.
Even to this day I can find myself slipping into an irrational fear of OMG what if I gain all of this weight back?
"your goal is progress, not perfection" I love that! Thank you! omg haha it's so funny you say that about gaining the weight back.. this morning as I was pulling up my pants I had this feeling that they might not button up.. CRAZY!!!! how can I be so irrational when it comes to this????
It will be phase 1 for me until I reach 123. I did lose on phase 3 during my first round actually, but if I do again this time around, that'll be a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Well I finally saw 'my' number on the scale this morning. Almost a two pound drop from yesterday morning's weigh in. Went from top of weight range to low- middle and while it is ridiculous that it makes me so joyful I am so truly relieved to see it before we leave for Hawaii tomorrow morning.
Congratulations! Well, if it makes you so joyfui, it cannot be quite so ridiculous! I totally know how you feel.
I hope your trip is relaxing and fun! Enjoy it! I'm sure that knowing that you are where you want to be will make it all the more enjoyable.

Gika- Please keep posting!! You may feel like you never truly 'joined' this group as your weeks on Phase 4 were spent away and you have been on a reboot since you got back. But here's the thing... you have been maintaining your overall loss for quite a time now... you may want a few extra pounds but the bulk of your weight loss is now maintenance. You are giving a lot of emotional power to food (hey I do it too- I soooo know the feeling ) by letting the bread make you feel bad about yourself. Eating bread doesn't make you a bad maintainer unworthy of posting... it makes you a normal maintainer that had some bread. Think of all the weight you have lost and kept off rather than the last few that are still there. You can take care of them... you've come a long way... just keep posting- we are here to support you and when I go off and get myself into a bowl of homemade parmesan bruschetta with a french roll (which is what I did on a non free day in the middle of the week when I was first maintaining) that I was just going to have 'one bite' of and ended up having quite a few more I expect that you will tell me the same thing. It's okay and tomorrow is a new day. And seriously, I really do expect you to be here to tell me that. Because I'm pretty sure it'll happen... cause it does.[/quote]

You know, i just thought about it, I finished the program 2 months ago, and I'm up just 2 lbs from when I finished. That is definitively an accomplishment I need to keep in mind, thanks for reminding me!

I definitively will be here for all of you when or if you ever need the support. I think this is a great community.
__________________


IP WI#1 -7 WI#2 -2 WI #3 -3.5 WI#4 -1.5 WI#5 -1.0
WI #6 -2.5 WI #7 & #8 (combined) -6 WI#9 -1.5 WI#10 -2.0 WI#11 -1.5 WI #12 -1.5 WI# 13 -2.0
WI#14 -0 WI#15 -3.0 WI#16 -1.5 WI#17 -1.5 WI#18 & 19 (combined) -3.0 WI#20 -1.0 WI#21 -1 WI#22 -1.5 WI#23 -1.0 WI#24 (phase 3) -1.5 WI#25 -1.0

Last edited by Gika : 02-11-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Gika is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Maintainers, Vol. 3 JellyMae87 Ideal Protein Diet 564 02-04-2012 04:32 PM
The Maintainers, vol 2. Pxlkitty4 Ideal Protein Diet 519 12-18-2011 01:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2