3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

The Maintainers. Vol. 4

Old 02-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #151
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Getting my groove back:I liked that article. The only thing is that he suggests eating crispy vegetables..but then says roasted cauliflower is fine. I love roasted vegetables so I hope they are Ok.

Jolo: Your hiking trip to Hi sounded wonderful. You have done so well losing 90 pounds. Thank heavens for Phase 1 and tools for post vacations!

Pauley: hope you feel better. I would move to Hi tomorrow if I could!

Endless: My coach never gave me a daily count of carbs.

Maintain goal: I have the 100 calorie packet of cocoa almonds for a treat.
My free days change depending on what I want. I had a margarita on one.

Paintlady: I love yogurt/fruit/pb/bread for breakfast also. I never seem to get tired of it.

Pixl: Good news on you losing! Maybe the no wheat is helping!

I am off to find an Asian market and search out baby eggplant and kim chi !
Old 02-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #152

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINTAINisGoal View Post
Regarding reg. diet of 100g of carbs a day... what do you have for "small treats during week" and what about "free day"?
By small treats, I mean anything that will take me over my daily 1400 calories or 100g of carbs. Maybe an extra serving of something if I'm hungry or a larger snack. If I stay disciplined for the balance of the week, it could even be a sugary treat. My free days are free, anything I want to eat. Although I feel better if I eat reasonable quantities and don't stuff myself. The point is, I found, if I keep my daily goal for calories and carbs at a weight loss level then when little cheats and the free day are added in, my diet for the week is at maintenance level.

bigpassport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #153
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Lee. You have a sensible eating plan. I like your approach.

Here is my quote for the day.."You have come too far to be controlled by a cookie." That puts things in perspective doesn't it? Instead of cookie..mine might be a pizza!

Here are links to You Tube conversations with Gary Taub who wrote "Why people get fat."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=
XR3FVvEJ-Nk&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=
myyOD1W1DPg&feature=relmfu

www.youtube.com/watch?v=
4HxLeGvFVsM&feature=relmfu

Here is another link to another talk:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=
bTUspjZG-wc&feature=related

I went out to PF Chang's yesterday. I love their sea bass marinated in oolong tea. So on the way back I am neurotically searching on my phone for the carb count of that dish and the Hot and Sour Soup. I still say normal people would not do that..but my neurotic normalcy may just be Ok. I did discover that Hot and Sour soup has a lot of cornstarch and cornstarch is absolutely loaded with carbs!
Old 02-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #154

S/C/G: 214/160/160

Height: 5'4

Default Help

I've been having my phase 1 days using IP packets....woke up this AM and I don't have any? What's a Phase I IP friendly breakfast?lunch?? just hard boiled eggs??

I don't know...think I might be panicking...
Old 02-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #155
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

GOOD AM,
It's time for me to stop lurking in the shadows and come out of the closet! I am now in the first week of phase 3 and scared to death about phase 4. I went to a large birthday party last PM and it was the first time I have seen most of the people there since my weight loss journey began. People were shocked and said either "who are you and what have you done with my friend" or "you look like your daughter" I might add I don't have any children! It was very positive and made me feel this is one of the best decisions I ever made, and once I set my mind to it, not that difficult.

But..... now I am afraid I will fail in phase 4. I have tried several breakfasts in phase 3 and today's left me hungry in 3 hrs, YIKES It was 2 poached eggs, a whole grain muffin, blueberries and a cappuccino. If this is what it is going to be like I will never make it. Does anybody have experience with the "hunger thing"?

IN MAINTAINENCE

Last edited by Calypso : 02-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #156
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Height: 5'0"

Like Calypso, I too have this fear of failure in phase 4. I don't want to go back to being heavy nor do I want to experience the "hunger thing". I had hoped by now my stomach would have shrunk enough that the hunger wouldn't be there, and maybe it isn't, maybe it is more in my head. None the less, I am feeling hungry. Help!
Old 02-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #157

S/C/G: 214/160/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
GOOD AM,
It's time for me to stop lurking in the shadows and come out of the closet! I am now in the first week of phase 3 and scared to death about phase 4. I went to a large birthday party last PM and it was the first time I have seen most of the people there since my weight loss journey began. People were shocked and said either "who are you and what have you done with my friend" or "you look like your daughter" I might add I don't have any children! It was very positive and made me feel this is one of the best decisions I ever made, and once I set my mind to it, not that difficult.

But..... now I am afraid I will fail in phase 4. I have tried several breakfasts in phase 3 and today's left me hungry in 3 hrs, YIKES It was 2 poached eggs, a whole grain muffin, blueberries and a cappuccino. If this is what it is going to be like I will never make it. Does anybody have experience with the "hunger thing"?
I hate to see questions go unanswered especially mine...so if I have something I think will help I try to reply:
Maybe you should look into other options for your breakfasts...I don't find that I'm hungry until it's time to eat again. I have oatmeal and or grits some mornings these are very filling...I also have in my rotation 100% WW sandwich thins and have 1/3 fat cream cheese with these I have vegetarian sausage or bacon ALSO make sure you are drinking enough water. I usually have an apple OR make a smoothie with frozen mixed berries.

If I haven't failed in phase 4...I don't think anyone will. I vary between my goal weight and a pound under and have been in phase 4/maintenance since 1/7.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #158
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

Droidgigi,
I have had better success with other breakfasts such as oatmeal but was hoping that it was going to no longer be a problem. The bought of always having to "be present" as I decide what to eat in the AM is kind of a drag. But I guess in the grand scheme of things, it's small potatoes! Thanks for answering this.

IN MAINTAINENCE
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #159

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Calypso, WTG!!!! You must look fantastic!
Pat
Old 02-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #160
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi everyone. So... I stayed off wheat as much as possible and ate basically what I wanted for the past three days in New York. This included French fries, ice cream, coffee drinks, chips and guacamole, milkshakes, cheesy omelets, home style potatoes, Jacques Torres chocolates.... Granted, we walked a lot. Granted, I still order salads a lot...

Ready? I'm up 1.5lbs. That's it!

Back to being good today. I'm hoping that my normal eating habits plus staying off wheat help me drop back way into my weight range. I'm going to find some new granola today as well as some wheat-free gluten-free bread to try for breakfast tomorrow.

My neighbors asked for bagels from new York. How ironic that I will deliver them this morning.

Quote:
Droidgigi,
I have had better success with other breakfasts such as oatmeal but was hoping that it was going to no longer be a problem. The bought of always having to "be present" as I decide what to eat in the AM is kind of a drag. But I guess in the grand scheme of things, it's small potatoes! Thanks for answering this.
Read about "slow carbs". They are what you need in the morning to not feel hungry. A whole grain muffin is just a fancy "healthy" slice of cake. Too much sugar and probably way more carbs than you need. Try oatmeal, sprouted wheat toast,mor yogurt with granola.

Mini-goals:
180s 4/4 ~ 170s 5/2 ~ 160s 5/30 ~ 150s 7/11 ~ 140s 8/15 ~ Goal 9/16 ~
Maintenance! 10/6

Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-pictures.html

If I do what I have always done, I will look like I have always looked and weigh what I have always weighed...
This diet/protocol/way of life that we call IP is a way out... if you let it be.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #161

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Quote:
GOOD AM,

I think we were all afraid of failure when we entered phase 4, but it's not too bad once you figure out what works for you. Morning is my worst time for hunger too! I try to eat breakfast a little late and have lunch a little early to help with that. Sometimes a mid-morning snack of EAS carb control shake or a light string cheese gets me through. They key for me has been tracking tracking tracking. You can't gain the weight back if you keep your calories on track with what you're burning every day.

Congrats on your awesome weight loss and welcome to maintenance!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #162

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Pxl - your weekend sounds like mine! We were in Seattle for the weekend at a swanky hotel and I enjoyed numerous fancy meals out, including a few rich desserts! It was heaven. I did fall into a diabetic coma of sorts on the way home yesterday. I could hardly keep my eyes open. Weird after relaxing all weekend and getting plenty of sleep. It had to be the crash after all that sugar! I was afraid to weight this morning. I'll give it a couple days of phase 1 and maybe weight on Wed or Thurs.

Maile - I love the "you've come too far to be controlled by a cookie" quote. I'm going to say that to myself over the next few days as I try to stave off the sugar cravings!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #163

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidgigi View Post
I've been having my phase 1 days using IP packets....woke up this AM and I don't have any? What's a Phase I IP friendly breakfast?lunch?? just hard boiled eggs??

I don't know...think I might be panicking...
Don't freak!!!! Get some egg whites, (southwest flavored ones are delicious) or use last night leftover veggies, salmon, sliced steak...whatever you had) whip it all up. You can also add a teaspoon or 2 of grated parmesan. Very flavorful and only 20 calories per TABLESPOON! 0 carbs. I use it throughout the day on my omelets and salads or just about anything.

maintaining since Feb 10,2011
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #164
Maintenance 12/01/11

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2"

Calypso & Droid- we are all here because NONE of us want to fail on P4. If you have the time, I would suggest going back and reading the earlier volumes of the Maintainers Threads. P4 or Maintenance is basically a guessing game. We ALL have/had to figure out what and how much we could eat while staying at or near our goal weight. Most of us have a "comfort window" that we like to stay in. It allows for daily fluctuation, but as soon as we hit our ceiling number, we do a day or 2 at P1.

For me, my window is 132-134. If I ever see 135, I am right back on P1 until I am at least at 133. Make sense? It is all about finding what works FOR YOU. Some of us can tolerate more carbs than others and still maintain, while some of us live relatively low carb. It just comes down to figuring out what you can eat and still maintain. For me, I spend most of my time eating P3. This allows me to have small indulgences through out the week or on the weekend without ever having a full blown cheat day and it also allows me to avoid doing P1 days (which I absolutely hate doing now). This keeps me totally in control and I don't ever feel deprived. I feel like I eat like a "normal" person. 90% eating the way I should and 10% fun- spread through out the entire week. I don't like the out of control feeling I get on "free days". I don't like the mind set of cramming everything under the sun into one day. First- I don't like that feeling of "out of control-ness" and 2nd- I hate the way I feel the next day.

On that note, for breakfast- ditch the muffin. It is nothing but empty calories and sugar. Unless you made it yourself and know exactly what you put in it, it is glorified cake (like Pxl said). My typical breakfast is:

2 eggs + 1 egg white
Apple + 1 T. Peanut butter
Fage Greek Yogurt + 3/4 cup granola (mixed in)

This keeps me full and satisfied until lunch.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #165

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Hi all

I haven't read through this thread yet but I just got all the way through one of the "Life After" threads which was very helpful. I'm in P3 as of last Sat (three days ago) and loving it. I just made a yummy breakfast pizza I thought I'd share here in case anyone is interested...total calories 370/carbs 15/fiber 6/protein 52/fat 14.

1 whole joseph's flax/oat bran/whole wheat lavash
1 cup egg whites
garlic
1 oz reduced fat cheddar shredded
3 T hormel real bacon bits (50% less fat)

I mixed about a clove of minced garlic in with the the egg whites and then cooked over low/med heat til set (sprayed nonstick pan with spray EVOO). Placed that on top of lavash and sprinkled cheese and bacon bits on top and put under broiler until it was all melty and delicious. With a cup of raspberries on the side it was really yummy and good for a weekend brunch kind of thing.

Now I'll go back and read this thread!

wk 1= -2.4 (two weeks/TOM first week) wk 2= -4(TOM) wk 3= -1.8 wk 4= -2.4 wk 5= -1 wk 6= -.8 wk 7= +.6 (Christmas/TOM) wk 8= -3.8 wk 9= -6.6 (lighter clothes) wk 9= 0 (TOM) wk 10= -2.8 wk 11= -1.4 wk 12=-.6 (TOM) wk 13= -1 wk 14= -1 (TOM/P3) wk 15= -2.6 wk 16= -.2 (P4) wk 17= -1
TracyAWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.