Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 185.5/171.5/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

Good morning everyone. I'm very excited to report I have a new coach at a new clinic as of yesterday. He is a doctor and has lost 65lbs on IP and knows how to work the plan and tweak it, unlike my old location where I never saw the "medical" supervision just a couple of rail thin girls hired to "coach" who never even bothered to read Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book. He answered all of my questions. He gave me his email and his cell and said to feel free to be in touch any time! He doesn't charge for weigh-ins (was $15 per week) and his per box price will save me $9 per week AND the parking is free, saving me another $12 per week! And it turns out it's closer to my house. And he is fine with using some IP products and some alternatives (like the big bulk container of Protiwell hot chocolate that should be here via Fedex tomorrow. So I'll easily recoup the $250 difference for the start up fee by the time I finish and feel so much better about the process along the way!

After my b'day binge on Thursday (planned in advance) and my TOM hitting on Friday I was up 2lbs yesterday, but am back down 1 today. I'm perfectly fine with that. But the best news is that he think he sees the problem with my slow loss and my constant lean muscle loss, even though it's small, it's still lean muscle loss and we are tweaking my protein intake and instead of 4 "meals" a day, we are spreading things out so I'm eating something about every 3 hours.

Fingers crossed to be back in full blown ketosis quickly and start hitting at least 2lbs a week drops quickly.

Reading everything you all write definitely has helped me over the past couple of very frustrating weeks. But I can feel it in my bones that getting rid of the financial stress and aggravation of my old clinic should release some excess pounds!

Thanks, Lilmink
Old 02-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Oh my, that is amazing! I can only hope for such results. Keep posting as I am looking for all the inspiration I can get here at the beginning.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 324/316/150

Height: 5'6

I am new here too, and trying to read to help me stay on task. I had a tough first week. We had family that came to stay with us on Thursday and we went out to each Thursday, Friday for lunch and Friday night. Thursday night we went to Ruby Tuesdays and I got the petit steak with steamed cauliflower and grilled zuccini, Friday lunch was Olive Garden. I just got salad and used Olive Oil. That was really tough! I love their salad and breaksticks. Friday night we went to a fine dining place and I had scallops with cauliflower puree. It was fantastic. I bought some ketone strips, and if I am reading them right I have stayed in Ketosis. I was worried about the cauliflower puree, but I seemed to have made it through! It was delicious so I am glad I was able to have some great food and stay in ketosis.

I have had lots of cravings though. Yesterday I wanted sweets very badly. Today I am wanting crunchy/salt, like chips. I didn't cave yesterday, but today has been really hard. I am trying to drink water and remember my goal.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #124  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Well well well... i lived to survive another day.. Last night was hardcore.. I wanted to cheat so bad that i was in tears. Its hard not "seeing" the results of your hard work...Its always the first few weeks isnt it? I layed in bed, cried a few tears, talked and whined to my hunny who thoughfully listened and cuddled me and i felt better and then we proceeded to watch a comedy, something i needed to watch to get my mood back up there. I woke up today and was down another two pounds so im just about jumping off my roof in excitement!!! It was so worth the horrible night last night...Glad i stayed on plan...

Today is a new day and boy is it a better day today..i feel a lot happier ....and maybe a little skinnier???? who knows?
Old 02-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #125  
Eck
Green

S/C/G: 250/228/150

I bought True Lime yesterday with 0 everything. Has any used this in recipes? I was thinking about adding to vanilla pudding and making a meringue top like a key lime pie with out the crust.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:02 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QHLover View Post
You need to build up your carbohydrates at night so that you can use them throughout the next day.
• One important detail: complex carbohydrates have to be digested before they can be used.
Digestion is the process by which food is broken up and converted
into a substance suitable for absorption and assimilation into the
body. Digestion is work, while burning reserves provides energy.
And your body can only use the final product. As long as the work,
or digestion, is incomplete, you have no reserves to burn.

For those who eat a bar before exercise you may want to rethink that.
Does this make you think you should have your "restrictive" as your bedtime snack? When I don't have mine before i go to bed I wake up "light-headed" - Is there a connection????
Old 02-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #127  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

My husband doesn't have a weight problem, never has, in fact, I can't feed him enough for him to gain (5'9", 147lbs, 30" pants he has to hold up with a belt). But, he is very supportive of what I'm doing. When we're out, I try to find someplace to eat that will work for both of us. Today, I remembered this Mexican restaurant we both love. It has a buffet. The have nicely grilled chicken and beef that would be used for fajitas, but you can tell it's cooked separately from the onions or peppers. Even those two are cooked separately from each other and served on the buffet separately. A nice touch for those who won't or can't eat any of those ingredients or those of us on IP. I take a big plate of shredded lettuce and add peppers and chicken. The have homemade pico de gallo, which I used just a tad as I wasn't sure how many carbs. It's not the kind with lots of tomatoes, more like marinated chopped onions, cilantro, and peppers. I wondered if I could have more of that. Any ideas? I was so happy and so was he.

Any ideas on the pico and also their homemade salsa?
Old 02-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #128  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Does this make you think you should have your "restrictive" as your bedtime snack? When I don't have mine before i go to bed I wake up "light-headed" - Is there a connection????
Hmmm...interesting. Lately, I have been more light-headed, almost dizzy. I have been having mostly drinks from my night time snack, so I wonder. Yesterday, I had the soy balls. I feel okay today. I will have to play around with it for a bit. I am also in PMS and I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Well well well... i lived to survive another day.. Last night was hardcore.. I wanted to cheat so bad that i was in tears. Its hard not "seeing" the results of your hard work...Its always the first few weeks isnt it? I layed in bed, cried a few tears, talked and whined to my hunny who thoughfully listened and cuddled me and i felt better and then we proceeded to watch a comedy, something i needed to watch to get my mood back up there. I woke up today and was down another two pounds so im just about jumping off my roof in excitement!!! It was so worth the horrible night last night...Glad i stayed on plan...

Today is a new day and boy is it a better day today..i feel a lot happier ....and maybe a little skinnier???? who knows?
14pounds down, and you don't think that is results? What do you think is going to happen, you are going to wake up 1 week in at your goal weight? You need to get the thoughts out of your mind that cheating is even an option.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #130  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
14pounds down, and you don't think that is results? What do you think is going to happen, you are going to wake up 1 week in at your goal weight? You need to get the thoughts out of your mind that cheating is even an option.
LIKE BUTTON!!!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #131  
Started IP 12/30/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
My husband doesn't have a weight problem, never has, in fact, I can't feed him enough for him to gain (5'9", 147lbs, 30" pants he has to hold up with a belt). But, he is very supportive of what I'm doing. When we're out, I try to find someplace to eat that will work for both of us. Today, I remembered this Mexican restaurant we both love. It has a buffet. The have nicely grilled chicken and beef that would be used for fajitas, but you can tell it's cooked separately from the onions or peppers. Even those two are cooked separately from each other and served on the buffet separately. A nice touch for those who won't or can't eat any of those ingredients or those of us on IP. I take a big plate of shredded lettuce and add peppers and chicken. The have homemade pico de gallo, which I used just a tad as I wasn't sure how many carbs. It's not the kind with lots of tomatoes, more like marinated chopped onions, cilantro, and peppers. I wondered if I could have more of that. Any ideas? I was so happy and so was he.

Any ideas on the pico and also their homemade salsa?
I love this WingnutandMe. Haven't really eaten out but not it's getting to me so helpful suggestions like this are appreciated.

Personally, I think pico de gallo should be fine. We are allowed tomatoes occasionally and pico de gallo uses very little tomatoes. To my knowledge there is no sweetener in it, just lime juice I think. It's so light and refreshing, it will pick up any meal. I am unsure about salsa as you would have to ask what each is made with.

The cars sound fun. On weekends, I see the classic cars on the beautiful more windy country roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmink View Post
Good morning everyone. I'm very excited to report I have a new coach at a new clinic as of yesterday. He is a doctor and has lost 65lbs on IP and knows how to work the plan and tweak it, unlike my old location where I never saw the "medical" supervision just a couple of rail thin girls hired to "coach" who never even bothered to read Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book. He answered all of my questions. He gave me his email and his cell and said to feel free to be in touch any time! He doesn't charge for weigh-ins (was $15 per week) and his per box price will save me $9 per week AND the parking is free, saving me another $12 per week! And it turns out it's closer to my house. And he is fine with using some IP products and some alternatives (like the big bulk container of Protiwell hot chocolate that should be here via Fedex tomorrow. So I'll easily recoup the $250 difference for the start up fee by the time I finish and feel so much better about the process along the way!

After my b'day binge on Thursday (planned in advance) and my TOM hitting on Friday I was up 2lbs yesterday, but am back down 1 today. I'm perfectly fine with that. But the best news is that he think he sees the problem with my slow loss and my constant lean muscle loss, even though it's small, it's still lean muscle loss and we are tweaking my protein intake and instead of 4 "meals" a day, we are spreading things out so I'm eating something about every 3 hours.

Fingers crossed to be back in full blown ketosis quickly and start hitting at least 2lbs a week drops quickly.

Reading everything you all write definitely has helped me over the past couple of very frustrating weeks. But I can feel it in my bones that getting rid of the financial stress and aggravation of my old clinic should release some excess pounds!

Thanks, Lilmink
Lilmink, this is great to hear. Those dollars really add up. It makes no sense to me that a doctors office would be cheaper but I do like the fact you are seeing a Dr. I like my clinic and it is very close but with some of my symptoms, I do wish they were able to do bloodwork and vitals there. No biggie, my Dr. is supportive and I can see her any time. BTW, my lab results were good, yes just after a month.

You can get little goodies for yourself with your saved money or save it for a treat. This program is very pricey, regardless of where you are in the country, you want to see results or at least someone competent and willing enough to help you get there. My clinic contacts people above them for answers when then don't have them. They also went through the program themselves.

Keep me posted on how the frequent meals work for you. I had a lot of trouble with hunger before so I started adding egg whites sometimes and sometimes I will just pop a boiled egg. The one thing I can't do is go 5 hours without food. I probably need to eat every 3-4 hours. Which is fine. In the beginning, I was hungry but then dinner was too much and I could not eat it. I suspect some of us are designed for 4-5 small meals a day.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #132  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Oh What A Morning ! I got on the scale this morning and I did it! I am down to 157.8.........I wanted to be 157 for my trip to Mexico,and with IP I got my greatest wish.............Love this diet and not finding it difficult at all.........
I read all the info on here,the input from all of you,and its keeping me strong........I'm skipping through the day
Old 02-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #133  
Started IP 12/30/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
HI Ladies,

So, I have some bad news. I haven't been on here in about 5 days or so because I have been in the hospital. I started getting really bad left side pains and assumed they were gas pains so i went and took a yoga class to get the bowels moving. However, that wasn't the case. I was diagnosed with diverticulitis at the age of 26!! The doctors are sooo surprised... The surgeon I met with today said he has rarely treated individuals under 40, but never under 30. So, I am still here. They spoke of surgery, which won't happen until i get a colonoscopy. ugh.. it's been such a mess. I was restricted to eat since wednesday, finally allowed clear liquids today. But, I was told today I have to be on a low-fiber diet for two weeks then I will transition to a high-fiber diet. I don't know how do-able my ip alternatives would be on a high fiber diet. Also, being as though, this diet causes constipation. I am terribly upset. I know that I will continue losing weight one way or the other. I won't give up... i said this would be my last try and it will be. I just wish this diet didn't cause soo much constipation.
Hang in there, mrsmurphy. The colonoscopy prep is not too much fun. But, they give you some nice meds. Make sure they give you the nice meds.

When you feel better, do some research on high fiber diets. It may not be the worst thing but I don't really know. This diet just does not have enough fiber and you need things to move through. Take care of yourself. Rest. Laugh. Put your feet up.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Hi everybody-
Just popping in for a random question that I need help with...

Pumpkin seeds... yes or no?
Old 02-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 200/158/140

Height: 5'7

NSV! I painted my toenails today. Why, you may ask is that a NSV? Because I can reach my toes to paint them!! My daughter doesn't have to do them for me now...lol!
Closed Thread