Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 200/158/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Ok, I have to vent!!!.....ex hubby was in town and I went shopping at the BX-department store (he is retired air force)....not a problem right?...after we are done shopping, I drove because the boys came with us, he sees POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN....the boys at taco bell in the food court..he said YES!!!!!!.....pull into the drive through so I can get me some chicken, I'll eat it while you drive (He is leaving to go back to La)so I don't have to eat while I drive....HE KNOWS that FRIED CHICKEN IS LIKE MY MOST FAVORITE FOOD TO EAT!!!!......SOOOO I pull through the drive through order him a 3 piece with red beans and rice.....just from smelling it i think i gained 5lbs....lol.....so he starts eating it and saying OMG...this is soooooo good its fresh grease you could just taste how fresh it is and going on and on....I was just driving chewing my gum...smelling that chicken I just wanted to say YOU ARE MEAN AND CRUEL but i didn't say a word as I kept driving home and smacking my gum....Never knew gum could taste like fried chicken.....lol.....the smell was kinda making me sick actually and I think its because I haven't smelled it in so long....oh well, he is GONE now and I am back in my world just had to vent for a minute! Thank you for listening
BOOOOOO..thats why they are exes...way to stay stong girl!!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 200/158/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Sounds like we all like our mashed potatoes and though Cauli Mashed has been great, I am really looking forward to my "new late evening snack goodbye chocolate shake mix/pudding hello mashed potatoes" time. They haven't shown up on our order form for Ideal to Go yet but I'm checking daily. I won't place another order till they are available. Did I mention that I am excited? LOL...
My boyfriend was laughing because I was ready to lick the bowl..hahaha..they really are yummy
Old 02-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #48  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon all,

Day 5 today...doing good.. Another pound down which makes for 5.5 pounds in 5 days..yay!!!

Officially ive lost 11 pounds from where i was at when i was 301 pounds...so its an improvement for sure.

Im having a "everything annoys me and im craving everything in sight and out of sight today. I keep drinking my water and chewing gum..chewing gum i admit is like a total lifesaver...thank god it comes in so many sugar free flavours".
Old 02-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Wuv here is something I just read on FB that describes your situation. But unfortunately when you have kids together the "ex' is never totally out of your life.
It went something like this:

An "ex" is called an 'ex' because it's an EXample of something you don't want to put up with in the future.

You should offer him a tattoo as a gift- EX right accross his forehead.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #50  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Wuv here is something I just read on FB that describes your situation. But unfortunately when you have kids together the "ex' is never totally out of your life.
It went something like this:

An "ex" is called an 'ex' because it's an EXample of something you don't want to put up with in the future.

You should offer him a tattoo as a gift- EX right accross his forehead.
hahaha....I like that....ONLY reason why he came was because it was our oldest's 24th birthday yesterday....I don't talk to him unless I NEED too...trust me....HE IS AN EX with NO FEELINGS at all!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #51  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Okay people on alternatives..
Have you made the cupcakes or "brownies" out of the Nashua shakes? Yay or nay on them? I need input ASAP please!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Ok, I have to vent!!!.....ex hubby was in town and I went shopping at the BX-department store (he is retired air force)....not a problem right?...after we are done shopping, I drove because the boys came with us, he sees POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN....the boys at taco bell in the food court..he said YES!!!!!!.....pull into the drive through so I can get me some chicken, I'll eat it while you drive (He is leaving to go back to La)so I don't have to eat while I drive....HE KNOWS that FRIED CHICKEN IS LIKE MY MOST FAVORITE FOOD TO EAT!!!!......SOOOO I pull through the drive through order him a 3 piece with red beans and rice.....just from smelling it i think i gained 5lbs....lol.....so he starts eating it and saying OMG...this is soooooo good its fresh grease you could just taste how fresh it is and going on and on....I was just driving chewing my gum...smelling that chicken I just wanted to say YOU ARE MEAN AND CRUEL but i didn't say a word as I kept driving home and smacking my gum....Never knew gum could taste like fried chicken.....lol.....the smell was kinda making me sick actually and I think its because I haven't smelled it in so long....oh well, he is GONE now and I am
back in my world just had to vent for a minute! Thank you for
listening
What a Ba_st_rd!
Old 02-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
What a Ba_st_rd!
Pretty much!!...I jut talked to my mom and she said remember when y'all were married he would do crap like that all the time but you were not as strong as you are now and would cave in....You not saying anything to him just showed how strong you are now
Old 02-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #54  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Pretty much!!...I jut talked to my mom and she said remember when y'all were married he would do crap like that all the time but you were not as strong as you are now and would cave in....You not saying anything to him just showed how strong you are now
Have I mentioned how much I love the advice your Mom gives you? So proud of you
Old 02-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Ok, I have to vent!!!.....ex hubby was in town and I went shopping at the BX-department store (he is retired air force)....not a problem right?...after we are done shopping, I drove because the boys came with us, he sees POPEYE'S FRIED CHICKEN....the boys at taco bell in the food court..he said YES!!!!!!.....pull into the drive through so I can get me some chicken, I'll eat it while you drive (He is leaving to go back to La)so I don't have to eat while I drive....HE KNOWS that FRIED CHICKEN IS LIKE MY MOST FAVORITE FOOD TO EAT!!!!......SOOOO I pull through the drive through order him a 3 piece with red beans and rice.....just from smelling it i think i gained 5lbs....lol.....so he starts eating it and saying OMG...this is soooooo good its fresh grease you could just taste how fresh it is and going on and on....I was just driving chewing my gum...smelling that chicken I just wanted to say YOU ARE MEAN AND CRUEL but i didn't say a word as I kept driving home and smacking my gum....Never knew gum could taste like fried chicken.....lol.....the smell was kinda making me sick actually and I think its because I haven't smelled it in so long....oh well, he is GONE now and I am back in my world just had to vent for a minute! Thank you for listening
WOW, seriously...is he secretly Canadian? He sounds like my ex-brother in law. W-O-W....well done sticking to it though.

Last edited by Ishbel; 02-04-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #56  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Re the crispy cereal pancakes hmt mentioned above, that has been a favorite of mine for months. I also love making a rhubarb "cobbler" with the oatmeal passage. The other day I read where some made the cobbler with the crispy cereal and I tried that. I couldn't believe it!
It is just like an upside down rhubarb cake.

I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal
and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I never liked to cereal as a cereal but it is a life saver in the recipes.

Pat
So this might be a dumb question Pat, but did you then have the rhubarb right in the cereal/egg etc mixture and put in an oven safe dish and bake? I'm not much of a cook so I have to ask the simple things haha. I have frozen rhubarb in my freezer, so I'd like to try this. Do you think I'd cook the rhubarb first or put it in frozen? Thanks so much
Old 02-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #57  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
So proud of you Lisa, you are such a strong person and we all look up to you, so... poor ex... eating all those junk while you are getting healthier by the second.

Way to go girl.

Last edited by sandralosingweight; 02-04-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:19 PM   #58  

Thanks everyone I appreciate it, just goes to show you that IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND into it....YOU CAN OVERCOME ANYTHING put in front of you!
Old 02-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenniels View Post
So this might be a dumb question Pat, but did you then have the rhubarb right in the cereal/egg etc mixture and put in an oven safe dish and bake? I'm not much of a cook so I have to ask the simple things haha. I have frozen rhubarb in my freezer, so I'd like to try this. Do you think I'd cook the rhubarb first or put it in frozen? Thanks so much
Not stupid at all, it took me a while to work it out and still managed to muck it up one the other night by putting too much salt in it. It is important to have really small amounts of baking powder, salt and vanilla.
I have a "brie baker" a little dish that is the size of a small round of brie.

I spray that lightly with pam and fill it with frozen rhubarb sprinkled with a splenda. I put it in for a minute at atime, three times mixing it beween each time. That cooks the volume down. Then I pour the cereal/ egg mixture over it and put it in the oven. take it out when it gets golden brown. I find rhubarb a real lifesaver, I love the tartness.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Not stupid at all, it took me a while to work it out and still managed to muck it up one the other night by putting too much salt in it. It is important to have really small amounts of baking powder, salt and vanilla.
I have a "brie baker" a little dish that is the size of a small round of brie.

I spray that lightly with pam and fill it with frozen rhubarb sprinkled with a splenda. I put it in for a minute at atime, three times mixing it beween each time. That cooks the volume down. Then I pour the cereal/ egg mixture over it and put it in the oven. take it out when it gets golden brown. I find rhubarb a real lifesaver, I love the tartness.
I was wondering myself...glad she asked....sounds YUMO! I have only used the oatmeal on it. I've never had the cereal...is it restricted?
Closed Thread