Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Hi everybody-
Just popping in for a random question that I need help with...

Pumpkin seeds... yes or no?
No, no seeds on this diet Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
14pounds down, and you don't think that is results? What do you think is going to happen, you are going to wake up 1 week in at your goal weight? You need to get the thoughts out of your mind that cheating is even an option.
Love this, but especially the bolded. Honestly on this diet it's not an option, so why torture yourself with thoughts of off program food and what you want to have. You know what you can have so make the best of it! There's no wiggle room, even for the 'occasional' or 'planned' cheat so I don't even think about it.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 200/158/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
LIKE BUTTON!!!!!
LIKE!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 183/157/145

Height: 5' 7"

enjoying the "mashed" potatoes (cauliflower) right now. For those that haven't tried them YUM is the best way to describe them.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Does this make you think you should have your "restrictive" as your bedtime snack? When I don't have mine before i go to bed I wake up "light-headed" - Is there a connection????
yes, i was thinking exactly that. i have been having it in the morning thinking that would give me some carbs for the day. will try out the theory this week.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #140  

read in one of the posts that some people were being charged for weigh-ins. I am not charged for the WI, paid $100 up front and that is it. The clinic makes its money off the products you buy. My coach is a pharmacist and she and her sister have both done the program. Does everyone pay for WIs?
Old 02-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #141  
Eck
Green

S/C/G: 250/228/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
Onederland = 199 lbs or less

Today I made the cauliflower bread (1/2 head of caulif, grated, 1 egg & 1 egg white, beaten, minced onion, sprinkle of oregano and basil. I added about 2 tsp of Land O Lakes sharp cheddar sprinkles, spread on oiled parchment paper on a baking sheet and baked at 350 for 45 min). THIS. IS. AWESOME. Absolutely NOT diet-food-tasting at all! I am going to make a hamburger for supper and use this bread to make a CHEESEBURGER!!!!

Now, all I need to do is find someone who is seeing a coach to get me some of those mashed potatoes, and find a store that has frozen rhubarb!!

I cannot believe the variety that is possible on a diet that is this restricted. The BEST of both worlds, for sure.
Do you cook the cauliflower or just use the raw grated?
Old 02-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #142  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Come on here and read about how sucessful others are. There is always someone here ready to offer encouragement. You don't even have to post to get encouragement on here...you can read what others are saying to encourage someone else who's having a bad day.

....wow I'm a posting MACHINE tonight...lol
Thank you, Ishbel. You really made my day today. Been a little more mopey in recent days so I came on and just started reading. Everybody's comments help. When I got to your post, I just lit up. Not sure what my issue was. I think I wanted more energy or for the scale to move. Something. Then, it all came into perspective and I was fine. Voila...better day. I find that sometimes during this diet for hours or longer I may get down or mopey or something and then it just stops. The little issue that I felt was a bigger issue is no longer. Scales don't just move down because they did before. We are not paying them. Sometimes our bodies don't wanna budge. Just does not feel like it. Anyway, thank you.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 183/181/145

Height: 5'5

Smile

Well good afternoon everyone, Hope everyone is having a Blessed Day. Well tomorrow is my Start Day, - DAY 1. (Even though I have been trying to add more veggies already to my diet) I meet with my Coach Rose tomorrow morning to pick up my IP meals and get weighed in. I am excited about getting started. My friend Ray has told me, it not easy, but if I follow it without cheating the end results will be awesome.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Mrs Murphy - get better, don't worry about the diet it will still be here when you're better!

Purple Sky - awesome that a post could make your day! Happens to me all the time I just neglect to thank the person (so thanks back!) I find myself on a rollercoaster of emotions some weeks. Don't forget that our hormones are balancing so be aware that it's your diet, not necessarily YOU! Also helps to be aware so you aren't putting the people you love through the wringer LOL! (my VIP is pretty special as he's quietly put up with a few GRRRRs from out of no where)

Last edited by Ishbel; 02-05-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QHLover View Post
read in one of the posts that some people were being charged for weigh-ins. I am not charged for the WI, paid $100 up front and that is it. The clinic makes its money off the products you buy. My coach is a pharmacist and she and her sister have both done the program. Does everyone pay for WIs?
Let me know how you make out testing what time to have the Restrictives.
My clinic does not charge to weight in, nor did we have a start up fee. I am in Canada though and the IP Diet does not have to go through a doctors office - perhaps that is the difference. Course the knowledge the coaches have is not the best either.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #146  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Default mole

I am thinking of making a mole sauce. I found some information online about lo-carb Mexican food and other foods. So, it got me thinking. Well, I was inspired from talking of Mexican food in this thread.

I found this and I feel like I can play around with this.

2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1/8 tablespoon dried minced garlic
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers

I will skip the onion or add later (maybe just onion powder) and as far as I can tell unsweetened cocoa powder is low carb. I need to do some research. It looks like some brands are better than others. I don't know if our soup packets can work. maybe I can just throw some tomatoes or just omit it. I found another recipe without tomatoes using chicken stock.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #147  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

I really liked this quote & thought some of you all may too.
"When you feel like giving up the most, remember why you began."

Also, I'm half way to wonderland! WOO HOO.

Last edited by omgzitsmiranda; 02-05-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #148  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Default What's wingnutandme

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I love this WingnutandMe. Haven't really eaten out but not it's getting to me so helpful suggestions like this are appreciated.

Personally, I think pico de gallo should be fine. We are allowed tomatoes occasionally and pico de gallo uses very little tomatoes. To my knowledge there is no sweetener in it, just lime juice I think. It's so light and refreshing, it will pick up any meal. I am unsure about salsa as you would have to ask what each is made with.

The cars sound fun. On weekends, I see the classic cars on the beautiful more windy country roads.

Lilmink, this is great to hear. Those dollars really add up. It makes no sense to me that a doctors office would be cheaper but I do like the fact you are seeing a Dr. I like my clinic and it is very close but with some of my symptoms, I do wish they were able to do bloodwork and vitals there. No biggie, my Dr. is supportive and I can see her any time. BTW, my lab results were good, yes just after a month.

You can get little goodies for yourself with your saved money or save it for a treat. This program is very pricey, regardless of where you are in the country, you want to see results or at least someone competent and willing enough to help you get there. My clinic contacts people above them for answers when then don't have them. They also went through the program themselves.

Keep me posted on how the frequent meals work for you. I had a lot of trouble with hunger before so I started adding egg whites sometimes and sometimes I will just pop a boiled egg. The one thing I can't do is go 5 hours without food. I probably need to eat every 3-4 hours. Which is fine. In the beginning, I was hungry but then dinner was too much and I could not eat it. I suspect some of us are designed for 4-5 small meals a day.

As some may have read previously, my husband and I have classic cars. We also have a lot of "Murphy's Law" incidents in our lives. One day I came home and lying on my computer chair was a hand drawn picture of a cartoon wingnut like character. My husband was discouraged and down and sketched it out. It has stuck. I took some different drawings of nuts and bolts and designed what you see as my avatar. We have a lot of fun with the cars. Lately, not one has been drivable, so we have not been able to enjoy a nice afternoon cruise. Maybe next weekend as he as parts ordered for one.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #149  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I am thinking of making a mole sauce. I found some information online about lo-carb Mexican food and other foods. So, it got me thinking. Well, I was inspired from talking of Mexican food in this thread.

I found this and I feel like I can play around with this.

2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1/8 tablespoon dried minced garlic
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers

I will skip the onion or add later (maybe just onion powder) and as far as I can tell unsweetened cocoa powder is low carb. I need to do some research. It looks like some brands are better than others. I don't know if our soup packets can work. maybe I can just throw some tomatoes or just omit it. I found another recipe without tomatoes using chicken stock.

WOW How fantastic! Just check for sugar and fat in your tom soup. I wonder if the IP tomato soup could work without curdling. The basil flavor and so on might be too hard to fight flavor wise. Anyway, thanks for this wonderful idea. I plan to try it if you say it is good. I use dehydrated onion flakes with great success or replace exact amounts using green onion instead of white and the flavors are about identical in every dish I've tried it with. Smile. Happy Cooking!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 293/274.6/140

Height: 5'2

Thank you for all the feedback. It is nice to hear encouraging words while your down. I am trying to stay positive.

Purple .. yes, I have realized this diet just doesn't have the fiber i need, in order to live healthily with diverticulosis. Anyways, i was suppose to go home today but i couldn't keep my lunch down. They are talking about surgery this week. I am freaked out... i dont like the idea of a medication putting me to "sleep." Not my idea of a good time..... oh well.. ijust figured id check in while i lay here in this bed, bored stiff.
Closed Thread