Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Have you tried the southwestern curls? They have a bit of a bite and are crunchy - I'm addicted to those as my "snacky" weekend watching movie food, really good in my opinion
They are good, I agree. But I have real chips and salsa in my head and have to just get over it!!!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 185/143/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylynn View Post
They are good, I agree. But I have real chips and salsa in my head and have to just get over it!!!
Completely Understand!!
My biggest thing I miss right now about my old unrestricted eatting isnt sugary or desert type foods.. its Tortilla Chips!
LOL I love Mexican food and have made my IP omlete packets into scrambled eggs with just a small amount of low sugar salsa added (coach said was ok since I dont eat tomatoes often) it kind of curbs the hunger for mexican food a little.. LOL

When I start to crave all the things I "can't" have I just remember all the awesome foods I can have and try and find some new receipe to try!
Between the chocolate lava brownies (Chocolate drink mix), Kelp chips, flat bread crackers (plain crepe), Waffles (lemon pudding), pancakes (ceral)..just to name a few and all non-restrictive I feel like I am never really lacking variety. Also love the Big Mac salad have it a few times a week ...hmmm I think it might be lunch time!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #48  

Height: 5'7"

WI day and I'm down 8.4, WOOT! BUT, my last WI was a month ago and I had a vacation/on purpose cheating in that time where I gained. Anyway, it's good to be down and close to my next mini goal. THAT said, I'm going on another mini-vacation next week and DO plan cheating again for a couple meals (Oregon Coast seafood, yum). Yes, two months in a row of cheats, but my perspective is that it's not the end of my world. I've been OP in every other sense and get back OP when I return, so...it is what it is and I'm still moving forward toward a healthy lifestyle.

Last edited by 2Poles1Girl; 02-03-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 178/145/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Welcome to the group. I'm just a year younger than you and I didn't start to feel more energetic till I was on the plan about a month. As for exercise I found in terms of cardio that anything other than some light walking stalled my weight loss. I now just do strength training a few times a week and that hasn't effected my weight loss at all.
Thanks for this information! I guess I will just have to wait to exercise (oh darn!!!) Actually I feel quite good on this plan but some days I am just exhausted! - Could be the job though!

Thanks also for the information on the exercise! I am learning so much - and here I thought I knew it all already. Thanks for the support!!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

weigh in #4 was today...down 3.5 lbs and 1 inch lost in my waste! I get different food every week for variety. This week I got the BBQ ridges the herbs and cheese omelete and the cappuccino drink mix! I cant wait to get into the 140s I havnt seen those #s in years!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 185/143/140

[QUOTE=Shem7412;4202230!
Between the chocolate lava brownies (Chocolate drink mix), Kelp chips, flat bread crackers (plain crepe), Waffles (lemon pudding), pancakes (ceral)..just to name a few and all non-restrictive[/QUOTE]

OOPS! I included the plain crepe in there.. and that is restrictive! But still Yummy crackers
Old 02-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 204/166.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem7412 View Post
Completely Understand!!
My biggest thing I miss right now about my old unrestricted eatting isnt sugary or desert type foods.. its Tortilla Chips!
LOL I love Mexican food and have made my IP omlete packets into scrambled eggs with just a small amount of low sugar salsa added (coach said was ok since I dont eat tomatoes often) it kind of curbs the hunger for mexican food a little.. LOL

When I start to crave all the things I "can't" have I just remember all the awesome foods I can have and try and find some new receipe to try!
Between the chocolate lava brownies (Chocolate drink mix), Kelp chips, flat bread crackers (plain crepe), Waffles (lemon pudding), pancakes (ceral)..just to name a few and all non-restrictive I feel like I am never really lacking variety. Also love the Big Mac salad have it a few times a week ...hmmm I think it might be lunch time!
I agree Shem - good things to remember - like I have chocolate almost everyday (shake, pudding, bar). I do try lots of different things - and that does add a variety to our life. If I just drank a shake and ate a bar everyday, I would be go nuts. But then again I like to be cook and there are some especially creative people on these boards who have come up with great recipes.

What has been fun is all the new vegetables I've tried. I've always liked vegetables and have always had a green veggie with dinner, or if not green, a low carb/non-starchy choice. But now I've discovered turnips, rutabagas, celeriac, and all the different greens. I now really love kale, swiss chard, collard greens, and mustard greens. In fact, one dinner, I had to stop myself from eating too much kale - it was that good!

Have you noticed how sweet some veggies can taste? Who would have thought?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #53  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Default Dr. Tran Tien - Video/Article on Comments

Good Afternoon Everyone. I hope everyone is doing okay.

I thought some of you might appreciate this. It's from Dr. Tran Tien's web site. He's the creator of the Ideal Protein diet and is really cool.

It's about the types of comments we have all probably heard from choosing this diet.

Enjoy.

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article143
Old 02-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

“Go ahead and have some. For once you won’t be getting fatter.” If you have a diet slip-up, you won’t gain weight, but weight loss will effectively be stopped for two to three days. It’s up to you to.-Dr Tran

Love that!!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #55  

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

Hello everyone, I'm so excited tonight and am feeling great and full of energy. Congratulations to everyone here, everyone is doing sooooo amazing. I just came back from my workout and my 4th WI, I lost more than I thought and this is since changing to the Proti products. This week I lost 3.5 lbs. and another 7". Total to date I've lost in one month (tomorrow) 14 lbs and 34.5"!!!! My body has a tendency to always lose inches quicker than pounds. I'm very happy to also say that in this one month I have NOT put anything in my mouth that was not allowed on this program. I have NEVER been this honest on a diet in my life. LOL I want to thank you all for just being here on this site because you all truly help me more than I can ever explain. God Bless you all. xxxooo
Old 02-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

OK, so the WF ketchup really sucks as ketchup...but it is delicious as cocktail sauce! Just had big shrimp and asparagus dipped in it...yum yum!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 390/312/220

Height: 6'

Tonight, I expirimented with the Ideal Crepe packet and made.... 2 small tortillas! I made chicken fajita and ate it with my crepe Tortillas. It was so good...
Old 02-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #58  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Have you tried the southwestern curls? They have a bit of a bite and are crunchy - I'm addicted to those as my "snacky" weekend watching movie food, really good in my opinion
The southwestern curls are one of my favorites too. I eat them a couple times a week.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #59  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
OK, so the WF ketchup really sucks as ketchup...but it is delicious as cocktail sauce! Just had big shrimp and asparagus dipped in it...yum yum!
I agree! If you want ketchup try the Heinze 1 carb ketchup. It is just like regular. I cant tell the difference.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #60  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Been on the program 18 days and at my WI I'd lost a total of 13 lbs. I feel it in my jeans and that's wonderful. Trying the recipes here has really helped. I want to see numbers on the scale I haven't seen for years. Wish all the same luck.
Closed Thread