13 lbs to Goal-Expedition

• HI All

I started on IP back in June of 2011 at 147lbs and needed to loose almost 32lbs. I managed to loose 20 lbs and have 12 more to go. My weight loss is now getting slower. I have noticed if I add a restricted my weight loss stalls. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to expedite these last few lbs and if anyone struggled getting through the hurdle and what they did.
    I had to recently switch Clinics because I moved from Boston to NYC and the new coash is no help
  • I am with you!

I have lost 8 of my 13, but it feels like it has been slow.

I find the opposite. Adding a restricted has helped, I think...I only started this last week...

Also, I do work out a lot and I am trying to be better at eating the extra packet. I don't always feel like it...
  • Quote: I am with you!

I have lost 8 of my 13, but it feels like it has been slow.

I find the opposite. Adding a restricted has helped, I think...I only started this last week...

Also, I do work out a lot and I am trying to be better at eating the extra packet. I don't always feel like it...
    Does work out help to move the scale faster or do you think that might be why its slow for you. I was thinking maybe I should add a workout or two to the equation when I consume restricted. Hope it doesnt make me hungrier
  • Quote: HI All

I started on IP back in June of 2011 at 147lbs and needed to loose almost 32lbs. I managed to loose 20 lbs and have 12 more to go. My weight loss is now getting slower. I have noticed if I add a restricted my weight loss stalls. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to expedite these last few lbs and if anyone struggled getting through the hurdle and what they did.
    I had to recently switch Clinics because I moved from Boston to NYC and the new coash is no help

I think it's to be expected as you don't have much weight to lose.
  • The main benefit of working out is being toned. When I lost the majority of my weight it was amazing to see the muscle definition under the fat!
  • We have almost the same stats and goals. I lost 27 lb from June until October. My weight loss slowed down and I haven't been able to lose any weight until now. I started calorie cycling and changing up my workout routine. I find that decreasing my carb intake really helped a lot.
  • Quote: We have almost the same stats and goals. I lost 27 lb from June until October. My weight loss slowed down and I haven't been able to lose any weight until now. I started calorie cycling and changing up my workout routine. I find that decreasing my carb intake really helped a lot.
    Hi Ryler832. Thanks for posting
    Yeah we are exactly the same in dimensions
    Ok so you cut back on restricted as well? Also when you workout what do you normally do? If you dont mind sharing what you mean by calorie cycling?
  • I am almost the same dimensions... I'm a little bit taller and I am having the same issue. I am completely stalled....
  • When you say stalled, how long do you mean? There was about 10 days this month where I saw no change on the scale. Then it started moving down again.

The last pounds will take longer as your body is used to ketosis.

Not that I like it, but I am resigned to let things unfold slower this time.

I continue to work out pretty much daily. I now insider it neutral. It is neither helping or hindering my losses.