Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #61  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post
NSV last night - I actually walked into a Tommy Hilfiger store, tried on a top(XL) and it FIT!!! And it isnt tight at all!!! OMG, say goodbye to big girl stores baby.....!! YAHOOOOOOOO..I also bought a size 14 pair of jeans at Old Navy and they fit as well......

Also, i only have to lose 6 more lbs and my bmi will be classified in the overweight category not the "moderately obese" god, i hate the word obese!!!!
So COOL! I can't wait to be out of big gril stores! WAY to go! I have a clost full of clothes and I have some 14's that I have not seen in YEARS! Can't wait to see if I can get in them in 6 months!! (do I hear a mini goal!)
Old 02-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Ok, to clarify - swimming suits are being bought this weekend...Mexico is in March

So, thanks for all the support everyone!!!

About my goal....really my mom and I are the same body type (she's my mom after all!). Years ago, she once got down to 160 lbs and her body just didn't want to stay there...I begged and begged her to go to 165 and just let her body be where it wanted to be. I got the look of death when I suggested it. Well, needless to say she gave up the struggle and gained a lot back (not all of it)...so I picked 165. I'll probably go down to 160 so I can have the cushion of 165. So if I spend the rest of my life between 160 and 170 I will be ok with my weight. One day maybe I'll go lower through exercise (I used to cross country ski A LOT - like A LOT (I was an alternate for the provincial team for the Jeux Canada Games once) so I'm looking forward to doing that much more...in fact I have future plans of doing the provinical racing circut again like I did as a teenager)...but really I think I'm honestly ok with 165.

I want to be comfortable in my life...and my doctor even said "don't worry about the BMI, be where you can be comfortable and manage"...I just don't see me at 150 (which is normal for my height).

I was 162 in Grade 7 - the health class teacher put us in pairs and I ended up with two skinny mini's and I was mortified by being 162 (at 5'4") in front of these girls...would be kinda cool to see 162...
Old 02-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #63  
slp

-Navy Mommy- Thanks for the reply about ITG on yesterday's thread. For some reason I could not get on the site last night. You are right about the one on one help & accountability of going to a coach. I found another clinic nearby that has more hours available for weekly meetings/weigh ins. They even have 2 days a week with early evening hours. So now I won't have an issue if I can't get there during daytime hours once construction starts. Thanks for your help. I hope your kiddies are feeling better. Earaches are the worst.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmink View Post
If you are craving sausage flavor but want to keep it OP, one thing you might try is making your own "sausage". Here's a recipe.

1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 1/2 teaspoons paprika
2/3 teaspoon garlic granules or garlic powder
1/3 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, for spicy (optional)
1lb ground meat (I use ground chicken breast)

Blend all ingredients together in a spice grinder or mini-food processor (or you may also just stir together if you like some chunkier bits of fennel in your sausage).
Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
To use, mix with 1 pound ground meat.
Chill seasoned meat 3 hours before using.

Here's a list of lots of seasoning blends that keep the flavor big, but you know what's in them so you can stay OP:
http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seas...x-recipes-198/
Going to try this one, thank you!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #65  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

My first official WI today!!!! down 6.5 pounds! Woo Hoo!!!

My energy is low today but reading all the great posts so far today I feel I'm coming around!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
So COOL! I can't wait to be out of big gril stores! WAY to go! I have a clost full of clothes and I have some 14's that I have not seen in YEARS! Can't wait to see if I can get in them in 6 months!! (do I hear a mini goal!)
It's funny, I used to love lane bryantncausemi could say I am a small ....now imjustnwantnto be a large in normal stores. Awesome job on the nsv!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

The scale is finally moving again just in time for TOM. I am still above where I needed to be by now. But pushing along slowly. I have increased water and now working on getting through the unrestricted week this week. Its so hard. All I want to do is have a glass of wine.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I've decided that "On the truck for delivery" is the MOST infuriating message there is in the UPS updates. Lol, my ITG stuff is supposed to come today and UPS used to hit our house about 10am (of course when I wasn't waiting for anything), but today it's not here yet. I really wanted to try the Apple Cinnamon Puffs for lunch today, but if it's not here by 1 I'll break down and have an alternative
Old 02-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #69  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I've decided that "On the truck for delivery" is the MOST infuriating message there is in the UPS updates. Lol, my ITG stuff is supposed to come today and UPS used to hit our house about 10am (of course when I wasn't waiting for anything), but today it's not here yet. I really wanted to try the Apple Cinnamon Puffs for lunch today, but if it's not here by 1 I'll break down and have an alternative
Awwww I hate that too when I'm waiting on stuff LOL.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #70  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Everyone's losses are so encouraging! Keeep it going guys!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatetolosegirl View Post
Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on how much to lose more. Here is my story...

-I have lost a total of 14 lbs so far in 4 weeks!
-Started IP at 159 lbs and now I am at 145 lb. My height is 5'5'.
-My coach and I initially set a goal of 130 lbs.

Now I am afraid that may be too low for me. I am at 27.8% body fat and measurements chest-waist-hips 36-28.5-37 inches. Please advice.

Thanks
I think you need to decide yourself how you feel.

My original goal was 140. Last summer I got to 145 and 16% bodyfat. I decided that was good.

I have maintained, but over Christmas I let things slide a bit. I still have 6 pounds to get back to my 145...and am considering trying to get to 140 again.

I wish I didn't put do much emphasis on the scale, as I am fairly muscular and large boned (ie I have big calves, legs and wrists), but I can't seem to help it.

Btw-I am 40. If I was 20 I would definitely go with the lower weight!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Default yayy. today's a good day !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Does anyone know about cauliflower bread?
i tried it the other night.. i took a picture of it, enjoyed smelling it and watching it cook...then put a buffalo chicken breast on the bread for a "chicken sandwhich" for dinner and was really really disappointed. i didnt like it at all. i doctored it up and everything.. it was no good for me

well..,. i just got back from my WI and i'm a happy girl. after a few weeks of very slow losses, i was down 3.6 lbs !! i never deviated from the program, even if i was discouraged for a second. i knew this would happen. i'm still in the 150s (which has felt like forever) but honestly i'm so close to seeing 14.... i can't believe it. i havent been in the 140s since freshman or sophmore year of HS. It's a mere 2 pounds away...

i also bought some food. sadly, they only had one packet of blueberry pudding mix until next week, so i'm going to make the blueberry muffins.. i hope i don't LOVE them because i won't want to wait. lol
i was pleasantly surprised to see that my clinic was already carrying the brand new mashed potatoes!! i'm eating them as i type and they are good!!! dont even need anything added! i had my salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs ready but one taste a shake of pepper and i'm in heaven. TRY THEM for sure oh and as an extra bonus...they are UNresticted!! what an awesome day its been!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #73  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
SO! Yesterday I met a minigoal...I'm no longer considered OBESE! WOOT WOOT...I'm only overweight now.

It makes me laugh to cheer for being overweight. I've never put much stock into the BMI's, I don't follow them. I made a realistic goal for my body type and weight that had nothing to do with the BMI's and my Doctor is very happy with my goal.

I still think it's funny that I can say "WOOHOO I'm only overweight now!"

I'm off to buy swimming suits for Mexico this weekend...kinda intimidating...but will be interesting anyway! Might have to buy a little snug to make up for the rest of the 19 lbs I'm going to lose.
Go You! that's a wonderful mini-goal, can't wait to get there myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post

I thought some of you may like this, I know I did
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Dieter View Post
WI# 16 -3 lbs Total 67lbs I am three pounds from goal This was an amazing journey. Going to phrase two today for a week then coach said to go to phrase three following two weeks. I am going on vacation in three weeks so he wants me in maintance then. Hope everyone has great WI's this week.. Also I believe that this board has made the journey so much easier with all the information, encouragement and words of wisdom from all the experienced IPer's...
Love it!!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Does anyone know about cauliflower bread?
Search cauliflower on the recipe thread #3. I don't know how to link!

It's good, but more like a flat soft focaccia (I added Italian seasonings). I think I would like it as a bun, but I am so used to using lettuce as bread I can't be bothered!!
Old 02-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #75  
Started IP Jan 6, 2012

S/C/G: 159/134/125

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I think you need to decide yourself how you feel.

My original goal was 140. Last summer I got to 145 and 16% bodyfat. I decided that was good.

I have maintained, but over Christmas I let things slide a bit. I still have 6 pounds to get back to my 145...and am considering trying to get to 140 again.

I wish I didn't put do much emphasis on the scale, as I am fairly muscular and large boned (ie I have big calves, legs and wrists), but I can't seem to help it.

Btw-I am 40. If I was 20 I would definitely go with the lower weight!
Thanks for your reply Mom2cs. It's great that you have a low bodyfat %. Not sure how I will look at that %. As you said I need to decide on the way I look and not concentrate on the scale. So for now I will need to concentrate on getting my % from 27 to 24 (which is in the fitness level).
Closed Thread