Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/2/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #2  

Happy Groundhog day!!

I didn't see where Wuv started the chat so I got one started for us. Wuv, I hope you don't mind!

I was looking forward to having a quiet day around the house with my kiddos, but lo and behold we're off to the doctors for ear infections Poor babies! The one thing I learned the first time I was on IP (and I haven't seen it posted recently, so it's a good reminder) is ALWAYS keep an 'emergency kit' with you. Meaning an extra packet (I do a bar so I don't have to fix anything) a little bit of oil, salt, and your bottle of water. The first time I did IP I wound up unexpectedly stuck at the hospital about 6 hours when my son had pneumonia with nothing to eat. It was not fun!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Happy Groundhog day!!

I didn't see where Wuv started the chat so I got one started for us. Wuv, I hope you don't mind!

I was looking forward to having a quiet day around the house with my kiddos, but lo and behold we're off to the doctors for ear infections Poor babies! The one thing I learned the first time I was on IP (and I haven't seen it posted recently, so it's a good reminder) is ALWAYS keep an 'emergency kit' with you. Meaning an extra packet (I do a bar so I don't have to fix anything) a little bit of oil, salt, and your bottle of water. The first time I did IP I wound up unexpectedly stuck at the hospital about 6 hours when my son had pneumonia with nothing to eat. It was not fun!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
That is a great idea, I hadn't read that before.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning, Nope, never mind at all. The site was down for me last night and I wasn't able to start it, thanks for starting it
Old 02-02-2012, 08:41 AM   #5  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone
Old 02-02-2012, 08:42 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good morning, Nope, never mind at all. The site was down for me last night and I wasn't able to start it, thanks for starting it
Wow early bird this morning!! Good morning!! The site has been giving me fits too, I'm assuming it's because of added traffic the first of the month (I'll start my diet..............tomorrow). Hope you have a good morning!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #7  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Good morning..........I am off to a Happy day. I have seen the 159 mark that was a set "little goal" for me.......Wow,I am so happy to see it. Love this programn and finally to have something that really works. Now to find a uniform that will stay up! Have a great OP day everyone
Old 02-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
That is a great idea, I hadn't read that before.
Yeah, there have been several times I thought I would be home in time to eat and haven't been, or we've had a last minute change in plans and have to eat out somewhere. It's always good to have the olive oil and salt with you because I always use my own at restaurants. People that use WF products often keep a serving packet of that with them, I forgot to mention that too.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

SO! Yesterday I met a minigoal...I'm no longer considered OBESE! WOOT WOOT...I'm only overweight now.

It makes me laugh to cheer for being overweight. I've never put much stock into the BMI's, I don't follow them. I made a realistic goal for my body type and weight that had nothing to do with the BMI's and my Doctor is very happy with my goal.

I still think it's funny that I can say "WOOHOO I'm only overweight now!"

I'm off to buy swimming suits for Mexico this weekend...kinda intimidating...but will be interesting anyway! Might have to buy a little snug to make up for the rest of the 19 lbs I'm going to lose.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #10  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quick good morning everyone,

Back at work and it is going to be a super duper busy day I think.

First week weigh-in: Minus 6 pounds

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #11  
Gotta keep trying!

I thought some of you may like this, I know I did
Old 02-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

What the heck???

Just had my weigh in last night and I gained! not point something but 3.6lbs!! Had my TOM last week so that shouldn't be related and have been 100% OP.

The only things I can think of are 3 days were I replaced my IP breakfast (wildberry yogurt) with the Premier Protein Drink from Costco, drink has 30grams of protein and 1 g of sugar and people on alternatives use this. Also I had 1 carbonated drinck called ICE made by rain 0/0/0 which I had read was ok to have.

I have had breakfast pork sausages and menonite sausage but don't believe they contained sugar, not sure if the salt would cause me to gain water weight, and if so would it be that many pounds??

I feel like I've been bouncing back and forth and yet remained OP as far as I could tell - totally dissapointed and not sure what to do this week especially since I'm waiting for my package of alternatives to arrive
Old 02-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/174/140

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone!! Would anyone happen to know the big mac in a bowl recipe right off the top of their head. I have searched through some of the recipe archives and didn't see it, but there are just so many. I would really appreciate it. I am in the mood for something different for dinner tonight. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #14  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
What the heck???

Just had my weigh in last night and I gained! not point something but 3.6lbs!! Had my TOM last week so that shouldn't be related and have been 100% OP.

The only things I can think of are 3 days were I replaced my IP breakfast (wildberry yogurt) with the Premier Protein Drink from Costco, drink has 30grams of protein and 1 g of sugar and people on alternatives use this. Also I had 1 carbonated drinck called ICE made by rain 0/0/0 which I had read was ok to have.

I have had breakfast pork sausages and menonite sausage but don't believe they contained sugar, not sure if the salt would cause me to gain water weight, and if so would it be that many pounds??

I feel like I've been bouncing back and forth and yet remained OP as far as I could tell - totally dissapointed and not sure what to do this week especially since I'm waiting for my package of alternatives to arrive
I didn't know we could have sausage? It may just be a combination of a lot of things this week. Did you weigh first thing in the morning before you ate or anything? Did you get a LOT of sodium?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:59 AM   #15  

Official WI:3 total lost 20.8 pounds, my wife 14.0 Total 34.8 pounds

Question: Olives, all my coach said is that I can have a few included in my two cups, anyone else having olives or avoiding them ?

Breakfast: Chocolate drink mixed in with 1 tbls spoon of instant coffee
Closed Thread