Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 184/180/150

Height: 5'2"

Default exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme685 View Post
I have searched for the answer to this on here but have had a hard time finding it! I feel guilty for not doing any exercise, but I've been told not to do anything that will get my heart rate up to high. I have all this new energy and I just want to do something to get rid of it and to help with weight loss. Can anyone explain why we can't do exercise? Maybe if I understood why I can't I wouldn't feel so guilty about not being active. I never exercised very much before the diet but now I actually want to (which is a surprise to me! ;P).
From what I understand it is becouse you are not getting enough carbs to exercise and it will break down your muscle.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Hi! I JUST had my initial consult and officially start tomorrow. I am glad these boards are here but it is a little overwhelming. Is there a place to look for BASIC recipes (where you don't have to buy WF products). I am worried that doing the packets plain will take gross but there are almost too many recipes out there for changing them up. I just hate to feel overwhelmed before I even start
Old 02-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Recipe Site link - where?

I've been looking around for Sven's (sp??) recipe link but can't find it. I spent some time searching the recipe threads but didn't find reference to it there
Old 02-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Anyone have any experience with ideal to go? I have been doing alternatives, and i'm losing weight but i just feel like i would lose more consistently. Does anyone know if you have to buy all of your food from ideal to go? Because I do like the EAS carb control shakes i've been having... any experience with ideal to go would be helpful
Is EAS and acronym? If so what does it stand for? Perhaps we don't get it in Canada as I have looked...
Old 02-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I have searched for the answer to this on here but have had a hard time finding it! I feel guilty for not doing any exercise, but I've been told not to do anything that will get my heart rate up to high. I have all this new energy and I just want to do something to get rid of it and to help with weight loss. Can anyone explain why we can't do exercise? Maybe if I understood why I can't I wouldn't feel so guilty about not being active. I never exercised very much before the diet but now I actually want to (which is a surprise to me! ;P).
Here is what I have been told: Because IP is such a low calorie diet when you add excericse your body can go into "starvation" mode and stop burning calories. It thinks it needs to store all your food so your weight loss can slow dramatically or even stop! Some people have success by adding 1/2 a packet before and 1/2 a packet after exercise. I have also read that keeping your heart rate in the 65 - 70% is important because that is the rate at which our bodies burn fat.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 232.8/226/160

Height: 5'10"

Default Don't give up!

So sorry to hear you arent feeling well!! Take this advice or leave it, lol, but I'm not sure that is definitely your problem! I spent the WHOLE DAY Sat and MOST of Sunday in bed (my 4th & 5th Day) due to severe nausea. I couldn't even stand holding my head up.. According to my Dr., some people react this way while their bodies adjust to the lack of calories... and, not to mention there is a nasty stomach flu going around everywhere... If you feel terrible and are convinced, go with your gut.. but, might not hurt to go back to it in a week or so to make sure it wasn't something totally unrelated. Saturday, I was ready to quit, so glad I didnt!! Best of luck to you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahuanut View Post
Good morning everyone. So great to read all of these amazing success stories, weigh ins, inches lost, etc. Unfortunately, I won't be one of those people:-(

After only 24 hours on IP, I have to stop. I spent the bulk of my day yesterday trying hard not to throw up, I was extremely nauseated from 10am onward. Actually, it felt like I'd tied one on big time the night before and was nursing a serious hangover all day. After some homework, chats with a coach, others I know on IP and finally a nurse friend of mine, it appears I have ZERO tolerance for whey protein which is a common ingredient in many (if not all) of the IP products. Strangely, this is common for people who are lactose intolerant, which I'm not. I'm the kind of person who can eat anything and everything, nothing bothers me at all.

It's a shame because I see the great successes here and at work, but I won't be able to share in them. I will probably continue to lurk here and other forums on this board, they really are fantastic and so inspiring. Whether you have a lot to lose or like me, those last 10 pounds that won't go away, it can be a daily struggle and it' s nice to have a place like this to go to.

Fortunately, a co worker bought 75% of my products, just have about 10 various products left to sell, at least I won't lose all my money. Off to post to Kijiji and UsedOttawa and hopefully sell the rest:-)

Best of luck to everyone - you deserve to healthy and happy:-)
Old 02-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Lots of people exercise. Most recommended is weight training for building muscle and walking. Intense cardio is NOT recommended. Also, those who do exercise often have an extra packet a day, making sure they get something to eat before and after exercising.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #68  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
I've been looking around for Sven's (sp??) recipe link but can't find it. I spent some time searching the recipe threads but didn't find reference to it there
is this what you meant?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...x-finland.html
Old 02-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #69  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone..I just got caught up with the last few days msgs. Sadly I (and my whole family) have been sick with that icky stomach bug I wasn't able to drink or eat anything for the past 36 hours except for two of the blueberry/cranberry/pomegranate drinks slowly. Can anyone tell me if this has put me out of ketosis? Will I (and my hubby) have to wait to get back into ketosis? I am still not back to 100% yet I feel weak and can't move too much without getting dizzy and off. That could possibly be from lack of electrolytes right? I was advised the BRAT diet, but none of that stuff is on this program so I am trying to do the best I can with what I have....can anyone give a little input and help me please?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Congrats to all the great WIs and NSVs today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
Okay so it's been a week tomrrow morning and I can already see I'm going to need some variety! I was foolish to think I could do this on Shakes and Veggies alone I'm commited to give this a year of being 100% OP but I'm going to need more than shakes and veggies, I even find my 8oz of lean protine in the eveings a bit much! I have looked at the alternative suggestion stuff but I have a few questions.

Walden Farms products, are those all OK on all your salads or mixed in with chicken to make like a chicken salad? Can you use as much as you want of these products?

Also what are "restricted" items? Are we talking about peas like things that are only supposed to be consumed one to two times a week? I ask becuse some of the info I have read on here say in Phase one not to have andy "restricted" items so I want to do my best and stay away from them if possible!

Any help you all can give me is apprciated. And I know I'm supposed to read all the info before posting but I have been going through it for days and I don't have a ton of extra time so I'm hoping for a short cut though hours and hours of reading I have come accross some great stuff and love the reading I have done!

Also where is the link for the waffel and kale chips reciepts? Thanks you are all so encouraging! Can't wait to be more of a pro at this stuff
Have you read through the alternative thread? I know there's a lot of information there but there are a lot of good links there too. I even posted a few pages from the end what I was planning on ordering and I've survived (and done well IMO) since 1/2/12 on those products.

As for the restricted products there are two different kinds. 1 a restricted veggie (things like tomatoes, and brussel sprouts) that you don't want more than 2 cups of in a week. English peas are not allowed at all but green beans are occasional. The other restricted is the actual packet, usually a bar, soy puffs, or something crunchy and snacky like that. Personally I have found my weight loss better when I have a restricted ever day. I order from Nausha Nutrition because I really prefer their bars, but there are some acceptable alternatives at mega stores. Pure Protein bars are the ones that come to mind.

I don't use the WF products so I can't give you the exact amount, but I do know those that use them limit them to a certain number of tablespoons a day because while they're still technically 0/0/0 they add up and everyone's body acts differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Anyone have any experience with ideal to go? I have been doing alternatives, and i'm losing weight but i just feel like i would lose more consistently. Does anyone know if you have to buy all of your food from ideal to go? Because I do like the EAS carb control shakes i've been having... any experience with ideal to go would be helpful
I have just signed up with them and have been very impressed. From my understanding you have to not be currently enrolled in another IP program, but I have heard some people say there is a distance requirement. They never asked me, but I was driving a good 30 min to my appointments so maybe they just assumed? If you can go through a local coach and your coach is halfway different IMO that's the best bet because I loved the one on one accountability and support, but we're in the process of moving across the country soon so I knew that wasn't an option. I don't know about ordering requirements, I ordered a full month's supply, but didn't see anything on there about it. I ordered at about 7am, called at 8 because I forgot to add my salt (they added it no problem) and got my shipping notice at 11. It should be here tomorrow and I'm really excited!

Quote:
Look in the sticky thread, there's one posted there about exercise, it's really helpful.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #71  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Smile

I just got back from my weigh in. I was up .1 lbs. It was hard to see I just started bawling in my coaches office. I have been 100% OP I mean down to every morsel of food and water that goes into my mouth. But, apparently TOM decided to try and get my discouraged. I refuse to let it and will continue on my path of IP and staying OP. My grandmother and mom were really supportive and gave me great encouragement. My step-dad however said "well maybe this isn't the diet either" UGH, anyone who has read any of my posts know how he is with eating in front of me and almost teasing me with it. But anyway, I am glad to have this website to vent and just say how I am feeling because without it and my mom and grandmother I just dont know. I know that I need to be strong on my own, but sometimes, everyone needs someone. I would like the "woosh fairy" to visit me for the next weigh in I am going to go for a leisurely walk with my dog and just calm down. Thanks everyone and I hope everyone continues to have a great OP day and don't get discouraged. I feel like so many have overcome so much, I can overcome this. ))
Old 02-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahuanut View Post
I considered that, but I felt the exact same way the one and only time I ever had a protein shake from Booster Juice. It just slammed into me and the nausea and vomiting started quickly. I do love the concept - low carb, low sugar - and will continue with that principle. It obviously works, look at all the great success stories on here!

Thanks for the encouragement
I agree with the person who earlier suggested the Dukan Diet. it is alot like IP just with real food not packets and shakes. Just go to mydukandiet.com and check it out. Also you can look for the book on ebay or Amazon. I think it could really look for you. good luck!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
Lots of people exercise. Most recommended is weight training for building muscle and walking. Intense cardio is NOT recommended. Also, those who do exercise often have an extra packet a day, making sure they get something to eat before and after exercising.
Most coaches do not recommend starting a new exercise retiming during phase 1. Do you exercise now?

I continued my 5--6 day a week workouts throughout ip. It didn't seem to hinder my losses until recently, although I am down to the last few pounds and have been doing my normal intense work outs and the scale is moving Down.

I try to add an extra packet those day, or at least ensure I am having a restricted bar. My weight loss has mainly been body fat and I have not been sacrificing muscle, if I believe the body fat scale.

I do not feel weaker, tirder or less able to do even the most intense work outs, but I was doing this for a long time before I found ip.

My advice is continue with what you are used to. If you currently exercise, and feel like continuing, do. If not, now might be the time to focus on weight loss and worry about exercise later.

Exercising can make you hungrier, and it takes many hours at the gym to lose even 1 pound.

Good luck.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime View Post
I just got back from my weigh in. I was up .1 lbs. It was hard to see I just started bawling in my coaches office. I have been 100% OP I mean down to every morsel of food and water that goes into my mouth. But, apparently TOM decided to try and get my discouraged. I refuse to let it and will continue on my path of IP and staying OP. My grandmother and mom were really supportive and gave me great encouragement. My step-dad however said "well maybe this isn't the diet either" UGH, anyone who has read any of my posts know how he is with eating in front of me and almost teasing me with it. But anyway, I am glad to have this website to vent and just say how I am feeling because without it and my mom and grandmother I just dont know. I know that I need to be strong on my own, but sometimes, everyone needs someone. I would like the "woosh fairy" to visit me for the next weigh in I am going to go for a leisurely walk with my dog and just calm down. Thanks everyone and I hope everyone continues to have a great OP day and don't get discouraged. I feel like so many have overcome so much, I can overcome this. ))
Don,t let him get you down! Just look at how far you have come! almost 1/2 way to your goal! That is awesome! All of your WI have been amazing so it is that much harder to see a not great number. Just keep going your body is trying to catch up with how fast you have lost. You WILL be a success! I hope you had a great walk.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #75  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkssweetie View Post
Don,t let him get you down! Just look at how far you have come! almost 1/2 way to your goal! That is awesome! All of your WI have been amazing so it is that much harder to see a not great number. Just keep going your body is trying to catch up with how fast you have lost. You WILL be a success! I hope you had a great walk.
THANK YOU! Isn't it funny how just a few kind words of encouragement, even from a total stranger can give you strength? And I never even thought about it like that, almost halfway to my goal. That is an achievement in itself! Thank you so so so so so much!!!
Closed Thread