3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   sea salt (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/251923-sea-salt.html)

Carrielee 01-31-2012 08:59 PM

sea salt

is there any guidelines on the type of sea salt we should be using?

Lilmink 01-31-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrielee (Post 4197939)

Funny, we had this discussion this morning. Salt and sea salt are the same thing. All salt comes from the sea. They claim there are traces (traces that is) of minerals in sea salt and it is less processed therefore better. In fact, regular salt has iodine added which is an essential nutrient. My coach said any salt is fine, others say it must be sea salt. It's about electrolyte balance, so any salt, in theory should do. No one has come up with a substantial reason for the sea salt recommendation yet, though. It was in a thread about someone getting a rash or having an allergy to sea salt.

omgzitsmiranda 01-31-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilmink (Post 4197951)
Funny, we had this discussion this morning. Salt and sea salt are the same thing. All salt comes from the sea. They claim there are traces (traces that is) of minerals in sea salt and it is less processed therefore better. In fact, regular salt has iodine added which is an essential nutrient. My coach said any salt is fine, others say it must be sea salt. It's about electrolyte balance, so any salt, in theory should do. No one has come up with a substantial reason for the sea salt recommendation yet, though. It was in a thread about someone getting a rash or having an allergy to sea salt.

Every coach is different in what you should or shouldn't have, so it will vary regardless. If you're okay with not having sea salt that's fine & your choice; but not everyone will make that same choice :)

omgzitsmiranda 01-31-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carrielee (Post 4197939)

I'm pretty sure it's gotta be the "REAL sea salt" not bleached. I think it's white with red/brown specks in it? I'm not really sure...

Lilmink 01-31-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda (Post 4197953)
Every coach is different in what you should or shouldn't have, so it will vary regardless. If you're okay with not having sea salt that's fine & your choice; but not everyone will make that same choice :)

Exactly.

Carrielee 01-31-2012 09:40 PM

hmm.. my bf brought some home for me, i usually use the stuff you have to crack yourself, but this stuff is ground and iodized (Spelling) already.. just curious..

Calypso 02-02-2012 01:23 PM

I was told to avoid iodized

Survalia 02-02-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilmink (Post 4197951)

This one always gets me, too. I think that salt is salt. BUT as I have said before, do what is right for YOU. :D

ShanCo 02-03-2012 03:32 PM

I was told to use the "real salt" sea salt as well because it is all natural, no bleach or anything...kind of looks like sand...LOL!