Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #46  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahuanut View Post
Thanks Momto2cs. I really want to find an alternative for breakfast, had the RTD chocolate shake and that just isn't what I want to have first thing in the morning. Too chocolatey, too sweet. A coworker just gave me the mango drink which I think will be much better as a breakfast drink. I might pick up a few of the other IP products (the egg and cheese omelette sounds perfect for breakfast!) and see how they are. I 100% agree with you, if I stay OP I'll be within my grocery/eating out budget no worries. Again, just looking to see if there are alternative to keep me OP and below budget (if possible). Thanks
Did you have the IP rtd chocolate shake? Or the alternative alternative?
Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

After several days of no losses the scale started moving again...I figured out that I was ovulating so I must retain water both then and during TOM - I think I've gotten to know my body a little better throughout this process which I think is pretty cool. Hoping to hit goal within the week! Stay OP everyone - once you're in the zone it's not so hard!

Have a great day
Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #48  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Just back from WI and I lost 4 pounds this week and 3 1/2 inches which brings me to 60 pounds so far. I can't wait till my doctor appointment at the end of February. When I saw my doctor at the end of August she asked that I loose 20 pounds by this next appointment. I figure by my appointment I will have lost at least 70 pounds by then. Can't wait to see her expression, especially since she recommended this diet to me. She lost 60 pounds on it herself and recommends it to all of her overweight patients.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #49  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsitter144 View Post
not sure how to navigate this site, but i'm trying.....my husband and myself started the ip diet on sat....looks like ive only lost 4 lbs as to him loosing 13 so unfair..im feeling very discouraged. Im bloated constipated and feel like poop.MARSHA
Guys LOSE FASTER...don't be discouraged!!....make sure you are drinking all of your water, eat your lettuce. Take your body weight, split it in half and that is how many ounces you are suppose to have. For example, I weigh 268 so I am suppose to drink 132oz but probably drink ore than that. I drink 4-5 liters a day, yes, I am always in the bathroom but I look at is as that is fat I am getting rid of

Once you investigate the site you will get familiar how to move around and find lots of stuff here that will help you out. Lots of information, recipes and tons of support

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 01-31-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Did you have the IP rtd chocolate shake? Or the alternative alternative?

Hi there - I had the IP one. I thought something chocolatey in the morning would be a real treat, but I don't like the taste of something that sweet that early in the morning.

I'm a 'gotta eat when I wake up or I'll throw up' person, I eat within 15 minutes of getting up at 5am. I'd love to find an alternative 'alternative' that is more fruit/oatmeal like in taste. I'll hit Walmart and a nutrition place tonight (assuming this snow doesn't turn to freezing rain like they it will!) and see what I can find. Fingers crossed:-)
Old 01-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #51  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmink View Post
There are so many fun things you can do or dressings that make it have so much flavor. Try adding herbs and spices and mustard (use use 0/0/0 mustard and/or ground mustard seed) Make it with lemon, lime or both! Garlic, ginger, braggs amino acid (like soy sauce, but lighter). Mix in a blender using the acid (lemon, lime, cider vinegar, white vinegar) first, add your herbs and spices, and then add an equal amount of water, then add 1/2 amount in olive oil and whiz it up! Then pour it in to a mister and spray on your salad. Delish! I did a cilantro-lime-garlic dressing last night without oil that I used on shrimp (added chicken broth to the marinade), and then took part of it, added a little olive oil and added more water to thin it out and sprayed it on my salad. SO good.
Ah, you answered a question I had in my head for a while. I just bought some misters and that is how I eat veggies now and make my egg whites but I only have olive oil in them. I did not know I can put full dressing in that. That would be even better. I love cilantro lime. I think I will try some of your recipes.

And speaking of food, this is what I made yesterday. I wish I had taken a picture. It was so pretty on the plate.

Boy Choy with Bell Pepper

I chopped up about 3 baby bok choy and 2 good sized orange bell peppers (it's what was in the fridge). And sauteed them with habanero flavored oil. I think any oil would work. I added the following spices (all dry) sea salt, ginger, garlic, tumeric, cumin, basil and mint. Don't ask my why I did that. I was inspired and since you can taste veggies as you go, I just ran with it. I used spices that I thought would be amazing fresh. I also would have added more bok choy.

In the future I may do the simple one as I originally intended with just salt pepper fresh ginger and fresh garlic. Found the recipe. I never had bok choy before.

This is seriously fast food. Took minutes to make.

Also experiementing with coffee per some IPer suggestions. I added the RTD vanilla to my coffee yesterday. Yum. I also added a lot of stevia. I used to drink those flavored creamers so this helped. Today I am trying it with the vanilla pudding (added extra water). It's okay.

I need to start copying these great recipes. I saw something with rubarb yesterday that looked amazing.

You all are so talented and so creative and make this IP journey so much easier.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 225/211/130

Height: 5'6''

First weigh in today... Drum roll please!! I lost 9.4 lbs and 6 inches!! I am one happy girl today! My favourite skinny jeans fit me again, my face looks like a face and I feel oh so good today! Talk about motivation to keep at it and stay OP 100% Woohoo!!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #53  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmink View Post
It's not yet Tuesday where I live, but I didn't want to get lost in the tail end of a thread

Today I had the most interesting conversation with my "coach". Another week of 100% OP and a 1.5lb loss, which is a record high for me. She even read through my food journal and gave me a 100%. She said there really wasn't much we could do to speed things up. But sometimes when she moves people to phase 2 they start losing faster. So even though I'm only starting my 5th week, I'm now on phase 2!?! We are going to try it for 2 weeks and see if it shakes things up. So no more omelet packet, but 2 eggs instead AND now unlimited salad is ok, whereas before it was 2 cups of my veggie allotment. I'm mostly excited about lettuce (as previously mentioned, I love, love, love my veggies and find 2 cups of lettuce per day not to be nearly enough to eat or to move things along, if you know what I mean. I live in California and we have the BEST fresh veggies here! Nom nom nom!)

She said that sometimes people who are moving all day and expending a lot of energy need the extra 100 or so calories and that maybe I'm currently on the edge of starvation mode. But the 4th packet was always advised against?? Very interesting. I'm pretty psyched and optimistic and thrilled that I'm saving $30 per week if this really works!

Fingers crossed!
I hope the new phase works out for you. My daughter switched to phase 2 a couple of days ago. She is 6 pounds from goal and the scale is just not moving for her. Our coach told her to make sure she is getting enough oil, which she has been lax about as she needs more fat in her diet. That might be stalling her weight.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 208/196/155

Wink

Congrats - keep it up - it's very motivating to get into clothes that didn't fit - or when the ones you are wearing are falling off!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 184/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsbest4me View Post
Good morning everyone. Another beautiful day here in central Alberta and I'm very excited for my first WI today.

sandralosingweight, you might want to consider taking a probiotic while on the antibiotic (2 hours apart). It may help with the diarrhea. Sounds like you're having a miserable time and hope you feel better very soon.
Hi ipsbest4me!! RD here too and started IP 2 weeks ago. Interested in staying in contact about the program and suchÉ (that is supposed to be a questions mark by my keyboard is being fussy right now. it must be hungry...lol
Old 01-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 282/274/180

Height: 5'5"

On Day 3 of IP and I still like it!

I was wondering how often everyone weighs themselves. My coach said I should have an average of -3lbs/week so I'm worried about weighing myself daily an not seeing a change. But on the other hand I want to be prepared if I'm not making good progress so I can make different decisions accordingly.

What are y'alls thoughts?

Also, I tried the Walden Farms dressing for the first time today and was happily surprised. The Chipotle ranch is spicy and delicious!!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #57  
slp

Wuv, thanks for your response to my question about Ideal To Go that I posted on yesterdays thread(it was one of the last posts). Your weight loss is awesome & very inspiring. So happy I found this forum it is such an upbeat, positive group. I used to go to WW meetings & the negativity was contagious. Looking forward to starting IP.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slp View Post
Wuv, thanks for your response to my question about Ideal To Go that I posted on yesterdays thread(it was one of the last posts). Your weight loss is awesome & very inspiring. So happy I found this forum it is such an upbeat, positive group. I used to go to WW meetings & the negativity was contagious. Looking forward to starting IP.
Are you enrolled in a clinic or are you looking at Ideal to Go? I just placed my first order with them this morning and I couldn't be more pleased. I was going to a clinic but we're gearing up for a big move so when I E-Mailed the Ideal to Go people they accepted me. I might look at going back to a clinic when we get settled (if I'm not done yet) because I did enjoy the one on one, but my ITG coach is always accessible by e-mail so it's similar. And this morning I put my order in but forgot to get my salt, I called and they said no problem we will throw it in for you and I got my shipping notice a few hours later. Can't wait to get the products!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #59  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chihuahuanut View Post
Hi there - I had the IP one. I thought something chocolatey in the morning would be a real treat, but I don't like the taste of something that sweet that early in the morning.

I'm a 'gotta eat when I wake up or I'll throw up' person, I eat within 15 minutes of getting up at 5am. I'd love to find an alternative 'alternative' that is more fruit/oatmeal like in taste. I'll hit Walmart and a nutrition place tonight (assuming this snow doesn't turn to freezing rain like they it will!) and see what I can find. Fingers crossed:-)
Hmm. Well, had you thought about the puffs of some kind? The peanut butter or apple cinnamon? The chocolate ones are delicious, but pretty sweet.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #60  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin2314 View Post
On Day 3 of IP and I still like it!

I was wondering how often everyone weighs themselves. My coach said I should have an average of -3lbs/week so I'm worried about weighing myself daily an not seeing a change. But on the other hand I want to be prepared if I'm not making good progress so I can make different decisions accordingly.

What are y'alls thoughts?

Also, I tried the Walden Farms dressing for the first time today and was happily surprised. The Chipotle ranch is spicy and delicious!!
My suggestion is ONLY weigh in when you go to your clinic. Your weight goes up and down daily and if they is going to upset you then you should stay away because the more you worry about it the more you will hold on to that weight. IF you are following the program it will come off. I don't weigh but on the day I go to my clinic so that way I am surprised when I see the numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slp View Post
You are welcome and thank you. I try to keep the daily thread as positive as possible but sometimes it goes in the wrong direction. There are a few other threads like Wayward and Wuv's or the Home thread that are positive as well. Positive beings are the way to success!!!
Closed Thread