Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I wish my restart had such great losses. I have been back op for a month and have lost 8 pounds. Not too bad, but slower than I would have hoped.

At least all the puffiness has gone away!

Over the month I have found that fattier meat and restricted items have actually helped my losses. I do exercise a lot, so maybe it just helps keep me going...

Turnip does not seem to be my friend...I am always up after eating it.

Also, I occasionally use pure protein bars instead of ip, but the sugar alcohols are definitely not agreeing with me. I am eliminating any and all for a while!

I am hoping the last 6 pounds (which might become 11 if I decide to try for 140) won't take forever, but since my hubby is going to be on phase 1 for a while I guess I might as well too!
I understand how you feel about how slow it seems but you are so close to the end. Congratulations! It won't take forever. just stay OP and it will happen. It is great that your hubby is doing this with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello,

After 1 week of 100% OP, I lost 6 pounds.

I would really love to know how much LaLiBe lost.
Great job Sandra! I am very proud of you! Keep it up!
As for me I am so excited! WI#4 today and I lost 4 pounds this week! I did not do this well in all the weeks I did IP the first time.(except the first week). It is such a great reward for being 100% OP this week. Thanks to everyone here for encouraging me to recommit to this! It makes 9 pounds in a month (see Momto2 we are losing at about the same pace over time ) I am going to make my meal plans for this whole weekend tonight because I go back to work for my night shifts starting tomorrow.
Mkssweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanLoseItThisTime View Post
You have helped me twice today! I eat a lot of fish which is usually pretty lean low fat and high protein, so maybe this would work out okay? I am not sure that I will do it, I would like feedback from someone who has done it and see what happened. Just the idea of mixing things up, "tricking" your body or helping things, well appeals to me x100! And thank you for the insight
I am happy to try to help. Hope your day has been great. At my WI today I was talking to my coach about slow weight loss. She said that the "boot camp' she uses is to do the same OP diet but eliminate all restricted foods for a week and that should "shock" your body back into weightloss action.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #78  
Started IP 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 211/196/160

Height: 5'5"

I am glad I got on here tonight! After a month back on I am starting to slack in getting my proteins in for the day. All this week I have been so busy that I have either missed breakfast or my lunch protein or missed both I fell crappy so I am probably out of ketosis....ugh....I am hoping tomorrow will be better because I KNOW I NEED THEM! On a positive note, last night I had a meeting and I knew they were serving food so I brought all my vegetables and ate the pork loin that they were serving. The ladies serving gave me weird looks because all I wanted was meat! I just smiled!

Last edited by kbkwright; 02-02-2012 at 08:50 PM.
kbkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbkwright View Post
I am glad I got on here tonight! After a month back on I am starting to slack in getting my proteins in for the day. All this week I have been so busy that I have either missed breakfast or my lunch protein or missed both I fell crappy so I am probably out of ketosis....ugh....I am hoping tomorrow will be better because I KNOW I NEED THEM! On a positive note, last night I had a meeting and I knew they were serving food so I brought all my vegetables and ate the pork loin that they were serving. The ladies serving gave me weird looks because all I wanted was meat! I just smiled!
It is great that you are able and willing to figure out what your issue has been. Now just take the steps you need to so you can get back on track! Good job planning ahead last night! that reminds me I better get my last protein snack in now
Old 02-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #80  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Good morning and happy FRIDAY

Today was my 4 week weigh in and I am down 3 lbs which I am super excited about... I guess having no restricted items has helped.

It is unseasonably warm where I live so I am going cross-country skiing this morning with a friend and later, I am taking my boys to the movie Chipwrecked (Alvin & the Chipmunks). Should be a fun day!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #81  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Well this does, or will, feel good. Knowing that I was beginning full blown re-start today, I've been in a spiraling out of control dive. Since my Oct stop I've gained, as of this morning, 25 pounds back of the 50 I lost. So the good news is, today marks my one year anniversary with IP and I weigh 25 pounds less than a year ago... I haven't been that low for over 20 years.

The hardest part of this diet for me is so much freedom with food once maintenance comes... I seem to lose all self control. That is my goal this time around, because I know I will lose this weight... this program is so awesome.

I will have to lose the weight and gain self control when the safety net is gone... in other words, uhm be mature and in control of my body and mind, no longer of the mindset of a little child let loose in a candy store where all the candy is free. Maintenance is WONDERFUL as long as I follow the rules. I stayed there for 3 months with no problem. Then vacation came with drinks every night and then came the rash of family birthdays and anniversaries then Thanksgiving and then Christmas... I should have gotten back on track then but didn't and have another 10 pounds to show for it.

Thanks to all of you reading this for letting me process on paper. I am 60 and will now stop acting like I'm 8. Smile. Soup for lunch.

Last edited by maykatcooper; 02-03-2012 at 11:31 AM.
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #82  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Well this does, or will, fell good. Knowing that I was beginning full blown re-start today, I've been in a spiraling out of control dive. Since my Oct stop I've gained, as of this morning, 25 pounds back of the 50 I lost. So the good news is, today marks my one year anniversary with IP and I weigh 25 pounds less than a year ago... I haven't been that low for over 20 years.

The hardest part of this diet for me is so much freedom with food once maintenance comes... I seem to lose all self control. That is my goal this time around, because I know I will lose this weight... this program is so awesome.

I will have to lose the weight and gain self control when the safety net is gone... in other words, uhm be mature and in control of my body and mind, no longer of the mindset of a little child let loose in a candy store where all the candy is free. Maintenance is WONDERFUL as long as I follow the rules. I stayed there for 3 months with no problem. Then vacation came with drinks every night and then came the rash of family birthdays and anniversaries then Thanksgiving and then Christmas... I should have gotten back on track then but didn't and have another 10 pounds to show for it.

Thanks to all of you reading this for letting me process on paper. I am 60 and will now stop acting like I'm 8. Smile. Soup for lunch.
Good luck! At least you are getting back on track before you gain the entire 50lbs you've worked hard to lose. Good job!! You can do it.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back! I expect you will do great again. My take on ip is that if you want to be successful in maintenance then you need to be forever vigilant about what you eat. There is no going back to pizza and take out for dinner on a regular basis..ever. Those things will forever be treats.

But phase 1 can be enjoyable, as I am sure you know. Try not to think of the things you can't have, but of the things you can and like!!

I am trying a lot different things this time. It is making the journey much easier!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Well this does, or will, feel good. Knowing that I was beginning full blown re-start today, I've been in a spiraling out of control dive. Since my Oct stop I've gained, as of this morning, 25 pounds back of the 50 I lost. So the good news is, today marks my one year anniversary with IP and I weigh 25 pounds less than a year ago... I haven't been that low for over 20 years.

Hey Kathy - Looks like we are in this together again! Next week is my one year anniversary of starting IP and I just restarted again too! I've gained back 20 lbs but am determined to take it off again and get my mind programed for maintenance. I started at a new clinic yesterday and am hoping they can help me get this phasing off figured out! Tried to do it by myself and didn't do well! I just need to keep reminding myself that last year at this time, I was 75 lbs heavier and I am going to finish this and finish it right!
-Janice
jd447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Hi All

Ok so I am back to the weight that I had lost before I took off in October. I lost 8lbs inJanuary. Now I am back on track for the month of february and my goal is another 8 lbs loss. That will put me in the teens where I havent been in years and I would have only 4lbs till goal. Wish me luck in the month of february. I want to spend the month of march phasing off just in time for some spring maintenance.

I am also taking a different approach now. I seem to loose more weight when I switch things up a bit. So in feb I will do one week of boot camp and one week of restricted products and see if it speeds up the loss a bit more.
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #86  

Seems February is going to be a hallmark month for a bunch of us.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and welcome... Janice it is so funny (not actually but you know what I mean) that we are sort of on the same track. I guessing we're both going to learn how to maintain this time around. What are your exercise plans? I'm pretty much fully recovered from the rotator cuff surgery and no longer in PT so I'll have to come up with something in a couple of weeks. I did actually talk with my husband about running. So funny, I can hardly even walk and I'm thinking about running. I have to try and get my mind around baby steps when it comes to exercise. I am my own worst enemy and get too excited and push too hard till I break. There's that whole self control issue again. I think I'm beginning to see a pattern. Deep sigh of recognition, resolution and challenge...
Old 02-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Seems February is going to be a hallmark month for a bunch of us.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and welcome... Janice it is so funny (not actually but you know what I mean) that we are sort of on the same track. I guessing we're both going to learn how to maintain this time around. What are your exercise plans? I'm pretty much fully recovered from the rotator cuff surgery and no longer in PT so I'll have to come up with something in a couple of weeks. I did actually talk with my husband about running. So funny, I can hardly even walk and I'm thinking about running. I have to try and get my mind around baby steps when it comes to exercise. I am my own worst enemy and get too excited and push too hard till I break. There's that whole self control issue again. I think I'm beginning to see a pattern. Deep sigh of recognition, resolution and challenge...
I am working on getting my exercise bike set up and want to start using it every morning. When the weather gets better here - Eastern Washington State - I want to get back into biking with my kids. Last summer and fall we would do a 3 -4 mile ride every night. I have been wanting to do the couch to 5K beginning running program, but wimped out when the weather started getting cold. Might just have to get started on it when the weather warms up. I will also be working with my Little League team in another month or so. Some of the practices just about killed me last year!! Especially when I would play catcher and squat for an hour at a time. Hopefully it won't be so difficult this year! Since my youngest is in 3rd grade and they can play in this league until 6th grade, I see a few more years of coaching the team in my future.
jd447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #88  
Elissa

S/C/G: 191/145/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hello,

After 1 week of 100% OP, I lost 6 pounds.

I would really love to know how much LaLiBe lost.
THAT is fantastic Sandra!! I will be weighing in on Tuesday night. I normally go on Friday's, but due to some changes at work I have changed my weigh ins to Tuesday. WOW, you must be motivated now to keep going!

I will post an update on Tuesday
LaLibE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
I am working on getting my exercise bike set up and want to start using it every morning. When the weather gets better here - Eastern Washington State - I want to get back into biking with my kids. Last summer and fall we would do a 3 -4 mile ride every night. I have been wanting to do the couch to 5K beginning running program, but wimped out when the weather started getting cold. Might just have to get started on it when the weather warms up. I will also be working with my Little League team in another month or so. Some of the practices just about killed me last year!! Especially when I would play catcher and squat for an hour at a time. Hopefully it won't be so difficult this year! Since my youngest is in 3rd grade and they can play in this league until 6th grade, I see a few more years of coaching the team in my future.
How fun! Pour all you can into those little ones now. I know how precious they are to you. Getting your extra eight off will have so many positive paybacks in the years ahead. I coached my girls' softball teams and led girl scouts. My son... Well I showed up at all his games squealing with delight at every run, basket, goal, and touchdown. I wish I could tell you that I did all that t a healthy weight, but I did not. That has probably contributed more to my later adult physical damage and injuries than all the crazy stuff I did as a kid. I am so proud of you for getting this challenge behind you now. We'll root Hoorah each other on. Smile.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Maykat-you are so beautiful and such an upbeat person! When you took a break and quit posting on these boards I really missed you. If anyone can get this, it is you. Keep on trucking. You inspire many with your bright and sunny personality.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote