Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 295/240/210

Height: 5'10"

Weigh in this morning...down another 4...12 weeks...total 44 pounds...yahoo

thank you to everyone on this message thread for being such great motivation and providing wonderful ideas regarding how to stay focused, great receipe ideas and just general all around encouragement to everyone. You are a great group of women and men.

I am off to Vegas for 5 days. Yah Babe. FUN FUN FUN in the sun. Got all my food packed and plan on staying 100% on program.

Good luck to everyone that has a weigh in this weekend.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
I posted this in the Home of the 100% thread but wanted to share this here as well:
Good morning everyone! I'm feeling blessed today that I am on this program and fate led me here. Not to be too depressing but I was feeling desperate about my weight and that there was no way out as a 200 + lb loss seemed impossible. Even wished I would just die sometimes so it would all be over. I would never take my own life but wanted God to take it for me. Well, I was in a car accident in December which led me to my Chiropractors offices and found the program. Instead of God taking my life, he gave it back! I haven't expressed this to any of my family or friend because I don't want them to think I'm crazy or anything but feel I can express this here, in a safe place, because maybe some of you understand.

I am looking forward to a 100% OP weekend! Good luck to all the WIs today, and those of you attending events, plan ahead, keep a meal in your car, a bar or packet in your purse. Don't cheat, you are worth being faithful to yourself!

Thanks for sharing that! So glad you're here too and I DO understand. I came thisclose to subjecting myself to lap band surgery and the health problems that come with it when I heard about the program from a new doctor I was seeing. God/life works mysteriously doesn't it? So grateful for this new chance to be healthy and happy!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chod45 View Post
Weigh in this morning...down another 4...12 weeks...total 44 pounds...yahoo

thank you to everyone on this message thread for being such great motivation and providing wonderful ideas regarding how to stay focused, great receipe ideas and just general all around encouragement to everyone. You are a great group of women and men.

I am off to Vegas for 5 days. Yah Babe. FUN FUN FUN in the sun. Got all my food packed and plan on staying 100% on program.

Good luck to everyone that has a weigh in this weekend.
Congrats on your weight loss!

Have fun and say hi to my money while you're in Vegas!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #49  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Thank you everyone for the kind words and support. It means more than I can express in words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Yesterday I "rewarded" myself for losing 25 pounds with a lovely full body massage! This parts even better.....it was only $15!!!!!! . I've paid mucho $$$ for massages before, this was probably the most thorough massage I've ever had. The only downfall is that I had to drive myself home! I was seriously in a massage haze I'm planning on doing this every 10 pounds, although I could afford every 5 pounds at those prices!

Last night had a nice evening with my daughter. I ate roasted chicken & bell pepper strips while she has gluten fee pizza. Then we watched The Help. Enjoyed that movie. Off to my knitting group! Have a great day!
Nice reward! Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Last night my husband and I met another couple for dinner. The three of them all had a glass of wine, enjoyed the bread in the bread basket and ate some wonderful looking salads and entrees. I just drank a glass of water and ordered a fillet mignon and some steamed asparagus. I was totally fine because more important than the food was the good company. And my staying faithful to the plan paid off as I had a whoosh on the scale and dropped two pounds overnight. That has never happened to me except for maybe the first week on the diet. Bottom line is good things come to those of who wait. So enjoy the company, the food really isn't that important.
You are so right! Dinner with friends is more about the being with friend than the eating. Congrats on staying OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I can so relate to your post. I do think things happen for a reason, even bad things. 1 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with cancer and when I went to meet my oncologist for the first time she told me about Ideal Protein. I had never heard of it before. I'm totally cured of cancer and now close to 60 pounds of my weight gone. It took me another year after her first telling me of the plan to actually do it, but I eventually got it together and called my clinic last September for my first meeting. I hate to think I had to get cancer to find Ideal Protein, but bottom line is if I hadn't then I would have never heard of the diet.
I'm so glad to hear you are cancer free, that is truly a blessing! And 60lbs gone..WOW, that is great! I hope to be there soon too, hopefully by mid April. Thank you for the kind words.

Last edited by Lorilou; 01-28-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #50  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Day three.... help

Hello I'm new, trying to figure out how all this works as far as the threads and what not. I'm looking for an answer to my questions hope someone can help me....

My head is killing me is it okay to take something for a headache while on the IP plan? I don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to but taking Aleve on a some what empty stomach seems like something I shoudl question. Thank for the help, can't wait to get more aquainted on the sight
Old 01-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 305/168/150

Height: 5'6"

I have been hanging around in the rafters on this site for a few weeks now, and have learned so much from all of you!! Truly an inspiration to see others successes with this diet! I'm 34 years old and have 3 growing boys and a growing husband!!

My mom started on IP back in July and has lost almost 80 lbs, she not only looks amazing, but her blood work, BP etc, is perfect! She inspired me to give it a try. And I must say I am truly amazed at myself!

I started on January 6, and as of today have lost 21 lbs. And I'm not finding it too difficult to stay away from the stuff I shouldn't eat. I am using alternative products and everything is going great!

Thanks to each and every one of you for the information you share, I really enjoy this forum!! Happy weekend!!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #52  

Hello all!
I have been on IP for almost 4 weeks and have lost 13 lbs - definitely seeing results, but had my hardest week ever this week - I am thinking because TOM is here. Does anyone else struggle during TOM? I have been doing SO good on the diet, and hate that I am having struggles now. Felt the urge to cheat, but didn't (instead ate an extra IP bar - figured that was better than the alternative!). Feeling bloated and depressed - I am sure it all related.

Anyway - just thought I would ask - hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #53  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I make the blueberry muffins using the recipe for pudding cakes

Beat 2 egg whites until foamy. Add 2 oz water, 1/2 pkg Splenda, a shake of cinnamon. Beat until mixed. Fold in 1/2 tsp baking powder and a blueberry pudding packet (dry). Spray 3 muffin tins with Pam and fill with batter. Cook at 350 F for 15 mins.

I love them. They do puff up and then fall, but they completely satisfy my craving for chewable food!!!

***************** thank you ************************
Old 01-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #54  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH View Post
Since BACKDROPsilhouette shared her jars on yesterday's thread, I figured I'd share mine too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...012-1793-2.jpg

Hopefully that shows up okay. It's been a very long time since I've used my photobucket account and I've never linked a photo here before. Thanks to Wuv for posting the inspiration. It was an easy project and I'm looking forward to having something tangible to move the pounds around. Especially since I don't really see or feel a difference yet. This helps me to "see" a difference and keep motivated.
Love these. So cute. Especially love that you made the Pounds Lost jar curvier. You and BACKDROPsilhouette have inspired me.

But, I think I will need a shot glass for my pounds lost jar. LOL!
Or, a juice glass.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #55  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
Hello I'm new, trying to figure out how all this works as far as the threads and what not. I'm looking for an answer to my questions hope someone can help me....

My head is killing me is it okay to take something for a headache while on the IP plan? I don't want to do anything I'm not supposed to but taking Aleve on a some what empty stomach seems like something I shoudl question. Thank for the help, can't wait to get more aquainted on the sight
Hey, this was me yesterday, and I asked the same question as you, whether Advil was ok to take on IP, the answer is yes, but I would always have it with you meal as ibuprofen is not good on a empty stomach, not a doctor, but check the directions on the pack

How you feel better soon, stick it out it wil only last a few days!

Cheers/S...
Old 01-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Ok guys first WI - 8 lbs!!!! yee haww! so excited
Congratulations
Old 01-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #57  
dedicated

Default Jars

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBNJENNISANDWICH View Post
Since BACKDROPsilhouette shared her jars on yesterday's thread, I figured I'd share mine too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...012-1793-2.jpg

Hopefully that shows up okay. It's been a very long time since I've used my photobucket account and I've never linked a photo here before. Thanks to Wuv for posting the inspiration. It was an easy project and I'm looking forward to having something tangible to move the pounds around. Especially since I don't really see or feel a difference yet. This helps me to "see" a difference and keep motivated.
This is great thank you I'm going to go make my jars right now! Great tip, this will help me so much, I'm a person who also needs to "see" a difference!!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #58  
dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieonIP View Post
Hey, this was me yesterday, and I asked the same question as you, whether Advil was ok to take on IP, the answer is yes, but I would always have it with you meal as ibuprofen is not good on a empty stomach, not a doctor, but check the directions on the pack

How you feel better soon, stick it out it wil only last a few days!

Cheers/S...
Oh Thank you thank you!! This is good news!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I'm starting to put on some of my skinnier jeans that I haven't worn for years...the pair I have on today were slipping off me and my husband told me I had a plumber butt! I said great and kept them that way!!! It was the best compliment I've had in a while!!! LOL!!!

Last edited by New Englander; 01-28-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #60  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
I stayed OP 100% by calling ahead to the restaurant and and asking them to make me chicken.
So have fun and stay OP! You are worth it!
This is a great idea. Great way to handle what could be an awkward situation. I've avoided restaurants because I don't like the idea of being 'that person'. Big reason I've never dieted before now is because I never liked the idea of being someone obsessed with food. I really don't like the idea of being in a restaurant and having to explain the way my food has to be prepared. I know if I want to go out with friends and family again I'll have to get over this weird avoidance, so I'll get there.
Closed Thread