Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 185.5/171.5/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcella View Post
OOps yet another question...I didn't purchase any drinks from ProtiDiet thinking they would not really quench my "appetite" like a bar would but they are non restricted and the bars are....am I incorrect here in thinking this?....and would my weight drop a bit quicker since I have a bar every day? Sorry but at about 3 pm I get hungry and the bar works well for me. But if you say the drinks do make you feel full I will go buy them. Thanks
I'm a huge fan of the hot cocoa. I make it with about 12oz of water so it's more substantial and it's so sweet anyway I'd rather have extra liquid. I usually have it an hour or two before bed, but have stopped waking up starving. Not sure a glass of lemonade or the other drinks would feel the same.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #212  

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
The general consensus is that only having unrestricted packets does not make losses any faster.

I find the puddings made into lattes (mixed with tea or coffee) are more filling than the bars, but bars are convenient.
Thanks Momto2cs. So then it doesn't matter really if we have restricted or not? Are you talking about the puddings in the packages? I'm not a coffee drinker nor a tea drinker but this seems interesting. Can I make a herbal tea and add just the package of pudding to it?? Am I correct here? Thank you
Old 01-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #213  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmink View Post
I'm a huge fan of the hot cocoa. I make it with about 12oz of water so it's more substantial and it's so sweet anyway I'd rather have extra liquid. I usually have it an hour or two before bed, but have stopped waking up starving. Not sure a glass of lemonade or the other drinks would feel the same.
Thanks Lilmink I will give it a try and yes I was actually thinking more of the cold drinks. I feel like they would be a waste somehow because it's only more water, but flavoured. LOL Stupid thinking on my part but that's how my brain is thinking. LOL
Old 01-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 185.5/171.5/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcella View Post
Thanks Lilmink I will give it a try and yes I was actually thinking more of the cold drinks. I feel like they would be a waste somehow because it's only more water, but flavoured. LOL Stupid thinking on my part but that's how my brain is thinking. LOL
No, I don't think it's stupid at all. So much of this is fooling the brain. I am more full if I put 2 cups of broccoli in the broccoli and cheese soup than if I drink the soup and have the broccoli on the side. It makes no sense, but I feel like I've had a more hearty meal. And I'm more full if I have an omelet packet with 2 cups of veg than a soup packet with 2 cups of veggies. Same amount of protein, fat and carbs. No logic. I'm slowly figuring things out and you will too. This will be my 4th weigh-in.

Last edited by Lilmink; 01-29-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #215  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmink View Post
No, I don't think it's stupid at all. So much of this is fooling the brain. I am more full if I put 2 cups of broccoli in the broccoli and cheese soup than if I drink the soup and have the broccoli on the side. It makes no sense, but I feel like I've had a more hearty meal. And I'm more full if I have an omelet packet with 2 cups of veg than a soup packet with 2 cups of veggies. Same amount of protein, fat and carbs. No logic. I'm slowly figuring things out and you will too. This will be my 4th weigh-in.
Hahahahahaha thank God it's not just me Lilmink. One thing I do know is that since I began this journey, January 4 this year (my mom's birthday) I have NEVER put a single crumb in my mouth that was against the IP protocol and I do feel good about that. I will definitely be trying the Hot cocoa when I go back. Thanks very much.
Closed Thread