Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #76  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Hello everyone, My son told me this morning, MOM, time for some new jeans those are WAY to big for you....lol....I said no they fit fine....he said WOMAN, I can't see your legs cuz they are so loose.....lol....I am having a skinny day today...haha...gotta love those days!!!....Every that has WI today have done awesome today for that matter for the week the WI's have been outstanding. WE have been kicking tails this week that is for sure!!....I hope everyone has a great weekend!!
I love what your son said! That is so great. You should go buy some new jeans and reqrd yourself for all of your hard work! You deserve it! BTW..love the new pic![/QUOTE]

I will wear these a little longer before buying new ones....these are 24's and the shorts I wear are 22's....lol....the jeans aren't loose enough in the waist yet....so I can still get away with wearing them. I got them on clearance for $10 so I am not loosing too much money when i go down a size. Maybe I will go shopping over the weekend to see if I can find some clearance ones....lol
Old 01-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #77  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I love what your son said! That is so great. You should go buy some new jeans and reqrd yourself for all of your hard work! You deserve it! BTW..love the new pic!
I will wear these a little longer before buying new ones....these are 24's and the shorts I wear are 22's....lol....the jeans aren't loose enough in the waist yet....so I can still get away with wearing them. I got them on clearance for $10 so I am not loosing too much money when i go down a size. Maybe I will go shopping over the weekend to see if I can find some clearance ones....lol[/QUOTE]

$10 is a great deal and hopefully you will find some great deals if you go shopping this weekend!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!

Good Friday do far! I have done a circuit workout at the gym and enjoyed my blueberry pudding muffins! Yum!

I try to have a salad of baby romaine every day. It helps keep me full in the afternoon.

I have had the opposite bra issue. I went from a good 36c to a small 34 b. sigh.

Clothes wise my loss from 175 to 150 took me from a 10 to a 6. I have the exact same gap pants in 10,8,6 and 4. The 4s only fit when I am at my low of 145...trying to get back there!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #79  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
So my aunt has to go to school, but she wanted me to ask about this. I am quoting from what she said on AIM.

after i took (i dont remember which one) my evening batch
i got SEVERE nausea
like being stabbed
/chest/stomach pain
and it lasted all through the night
):
i am actually taking the IP supplements
not a knock off
it was my first time feeling like that

So she was wondering what that was and if there was anything she could take or eat to make it go away if it happens again.
I didn't see a reply to your question so I thought I would jump in here and answer. I found that when taking my supplements if I had something to eat with them I didn't get that. I use to get up and take my supplements and than was sick most of the day but if I took them while I was taking my breakfast or in your case supper then it would go away. Hope that helps. As for walking or running? I walked a lot when I was in phase 1, you can start with that and just continue and add running in a couple of days a week and you should be good.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #80  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Ah, bathroom time.

We are not taking in as much fiber as we did before (grains, etc.) so things may not move as they used to. Veggies help but I find that mixing things around helps more. I was experiencing some of the Big C early on when I was only eating cooked veggies (roasted with olive oil). Because I was not a big veggie eater before I was not ready for lots of raw and steamed veggies. Too dull. And I like warm foods, especially at dinner.

I noticed a change after my Big Mac in a Bowl. It is a fattier meat. (Prior, we had been eating grilled lean meats.) And, there was a lot of lettuce in it. I can't eat this often. No more than once a week or so. It triggers cravings in me like Mio and other things do for others. But, I found switching it up from leaner grilled meats and cooked veggies really helped.

I started drizzling some Flax Seed Oil, to get my Omega 3's, on my spinach and that seemed to help too. (Cannot heat up Flax Seed Oil - low smoking point) I feel it was the oil, a teaspoon or two, which is different from when I added it to cooked foods (roasted veggies and meat prep) that made a difference. Without getting too gross, in my mind, this translated to lubing the pipes so to speak. Olive oil can work as well.

I am new to this and just experimenting but some things seem to work better than others. The occasional higher fat veggie stir fry's and using ground meats (higher in fat) and use of direct oil on veggies or salad seem to aid in movement over items that are leaner, drier and have the oil cooked into them.

I have not found the perfect combo since I don't eat the same things everyday. And for me I seem to need to change things up a bit. Logically, I thought lean grilled meats with roasted or steamed veggies would work but it does not always work. But, too many days in a row of stir frys and big macs in a bowl did not work either. I seem to need the combo, the changes, the variety in my diet. But, that is just me. My personality is like that as well.

So, within a period of 2-3 days I try to get in a few meals each of raw, cooked or steamed veggies with or without lettuce, spinach etc. I also try to get in some lean grilled or slightly fattier meat or stir frys in.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #81  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
I have the same thing going on. I have lost 25 pounds and although I have gone down one size in pants..it is all in the waist. My hips and thighs have not gotten a bit smaller. I, too, have always had big thighs. Are we related Dana??? LOL Same height, same weight, same goal, same way of losing from the sounds of it.
LOL, maybe we were separated at birth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenboss View Post
I have been 100% op since starting Jan 9th. What I have realized from the past is that I have an all or nothing attitude - which is really what this program is all about. Unfortunately i have a birthday approaching soon - it seems that all my friends and family want to take me out to celebrate. As much as I love them for it the anxiety of facing my favorite food and drinks is increasing. Part of my wants to hibernate for my birthday as it is easy at home - i really have no temptations - I am a very social person and would be sad to do this. Am I strong enough to get through this birthday remaining 100% op? Hmmmmmm........
You can do anything if you set your mind to it. Last November was my son's Bar Mitzvah. We had lots of family fly in from out of state and we gave him a big party with friends and family to celebrate. It was four full days of non-stop eating and celebrating. Not once did I go off plan because I decided from the beginning I wasn't. In February I'm going on a cruise and I have decided not to go off plan for that week. My point is there are always (hopefully) social events going on in your life. They should be about friends and family, not what foods you put into your mouth. Bottom line, you have the freedom to make up your own mind as to are you going to blow it or stay on plan. Make the right choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomor View Post
I've lost over 40 pounds and I'm still wearing the same clothes. Of course they were getting tight when I started and loose now. I have a feeling that the next 10 or 15 pounds will make a big difference. As it is right now, most people haven't even noticed the weight loss. I have quite an extensive size 22 wardrobe and I'm not sure what to do with the clothes when I "outgrow" them. Have any of you faced that?
When they get too big get rid of them. You won't need them anymore so why keep them. My closet is pretty bare now as I've given all of my now too big clothes away and I don't have smaller clothes in there. Now I just buy the bare minimum as I need.

Lisa- great photo of the the old and the new!
Old 01-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #82  
Started IP 12/30/11

I think I would like some dancing carrots or broccoli or something. Does anyone know how I add that to my signature? The 1 for each 5 pounds lost. Thank you.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #83  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
I think I would like some dancing carrots or broccoli or something. Does anyone know how I add that to my signature? The 1 for each 5 pounds lost. Thank you.
Edit your signature, then click more under the smily's and you will find a bunch more.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Happy Friday everyone! This is my two week anniversary and I feel great. I am happy I started and happy I have stayed on. I am really starting to feel some energy return, I don't know if it is from the vitamins or loosing 13 pounds but I really do feel good!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 208/196/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
LOL, maybe we were separated at birth!

You can do anything if you set your mind to it. Last November was my son's Bar Mitzvah. We had lots of family fly in from out of state and we gave him a big party with friends and family to celebrate. It was four full days of non-stop eating and celebrating. Not once did I go off plan because I decided from the beginning I wasn't. In February I'm going on a cruise and I have decided not to go off plan for that week. My point is there are always (hopefully) social events going on in your life. They should be about friends and family, not what foods you put into your mouth. Bottom line, you have the freedom to make up your own mind as to are you going to blow it or stay on plan. Make the right choice.

When they get too big get rid of them. You won't need them anymore so why keep them. My closet is pretty bare now as I've given all of my now too big clothes away and I don't have smaller clothes in there. Now I just buy the bare minimum as I need.

Lisa- great photo of the the old and the new!
I am so motivated Im sure that I will not go off program for my birthday -its dealing with the people that say - just one drink won?t hurt, or you can have a cheat day, or what I have already heard "you are not as fun anymore". I know I'll be fine - but some people just don"t get it! Thanks for your encouragement!!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 243/139/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Clothes wise my loss from 175 to 150 took me from a 10 to a 6. I have the exact same gap pants in 10,8,6 and 4. The 4s only fit when I am at my low of 145...trying to get back there!!!
Have clothing sizes changes through the years? I'm 5'5" and the least I've weighed as an adult was around 135 and I never got below a size 13-14. That was admittedly a looonnnnngggg time ago! Lol!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomor View Post
Have clothing sizes changes through the years? I'm 5'5" and the least I've weighed as an adult was around 135 and I never got below a size 13-14. That was admittedly a looonnnnngggg time ago! Lol!
They actually have. There was an episode of 20-20 or one of those type shows that discussed how clothing manufacturers have changed the "size" of sizes. There was a study that showed woman were more conerned with the size on the tag than the measurements of the garment and a trend started to make what we grew up knowing a size 10 to be to actually fit a size 12. I saw this quite a few years ago, 5+ for sure. See how hung up we are on numbers and not just on the scale?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #88  
I Believe in ME!

S/C/G: 199/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

I went to Cato today just for fun to try on some pants, just to see. The last time I bought clothes from there I was trying on a comfortable 16, and a pretty tight 14. Well can I tell you how excited I was to not only put on a 12 BUT BUTTON AND ZIP THEM TOO!! now granted, if you would have asked me to sit down I probably would have died! BUT, the point it, I GOT THEM ON! It was just that little extra umph I needed! Well that and all of you guys support and encouragement! When my mind strays to dreams of foods that arent OP or I get a little 'Blah', I always come to this website and read or write a message. I like to think of this place as "my world" because people around me, they just DON'T GET IT! So, as I have said many times before, and will say many times again, Thanks Everyone! And keep up the good work and KEEP TELLING US YOUR STORIES! It lets me know - I am not alone!
Old 01-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #89  
Started IP 12/30/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Edit your signature, then click more under the smily's and you will find a bunch more.
Thanx, Wuv. Been meaning to say, I really like your new picture. Also, you should go shopping. It's fun. And then go shopping again later when you hit goal.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #90  
Started IP 1/25/12

S/C/G: 221/ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post

All this talk about how your bodies are changing but not in the direction that you want....I wanna whine. NOT THAT I THINK YOUR WHINING. I'M GOING TO THOUGH! lol So here goes!

I'm pretty chesty...like...C-H-E-S-T-Y! And after 119 lbs, I've only gone down two cup sizes in a bra.. I still can't buy a bra at victoria secret, and easily fit the thorax sizing it's the CUP sizes that won't work. Don't get me wrong...boobies are boobies...but seriously, only two cups sizes??!!! Ugh...lol

Course now I wonder what lurkers are reading this and getting a good laugh LOL
LOL I feel this one!!!! One of my goals is to be able to buy a bra at Victoria's and fit in the cup!!! Plus a little less boobies would make some clothes, suit jackets, etc fit so much more nicely.
Closed Thread