Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Purple Sky - I am also heavier in my lower half and have seen very little progress in my hips and thighs. Even though I've lost 24lbs, I am still wearing the same pants. Yes, they are a little loose, but not quite enough to move down a size. My shirts on the other hand could get a little smaller. I feel like I'm wearing a tent this morning!
I loose the same way, from the top down. My face down to my waist area look a lot thinner. I always have bigger thighs, even when I use to weigh 120 pounds. Of course I'm loosing inches all over, but I can tell my thighs are going to be the last things to go.

I hope everyone has a good Friday and congrats to all of those who had good WIs today.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday Everyone!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I loose the same way, from the top down. My face down to my waist area look a lot thinner. I always have bigger thighs, even when I use to weigh 120 pounds. Of course I'm loosing inches all over, but I can tell my thighs are going to be the last things to go.

I hope everyone has a good Friday and congrats to all of those who had good WIs today.
I have the same thing going on. I have lost 25 pounds and although I have gone down one size in pants..it is all in the waist. My hips and thighs have not gotten a bit smaller. I, too, have always had big thighs. Are we related Dana??? LOL Same height, same weight, same goal, same way of losing from the sounds of it.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludolphin View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!
BLU, so happy to see you back on the boards. Happy Friday to you too!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

So my aunt has to go to school, but she wanted me to ask about this. I am quoting from what she said on AIM.

after i took (i dont remember which one) my evening batch
i got SEVERE nausea
like being stabbed
/chest/stomach pain
and it lasted all through the night
):
i am actually taking the IP supplements
not a knock off
it was my first time feeling like that

So she was wondering what that was and if there was anything she could take or eat to make it go away if it happens again.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Sandra - I actually don't know, I would just check the ingredients in them carefully. As long as there aren't any hidden sugars you should be okay. I just checked the box I have (Herbox) and the second ingredient is sweetener (sugar / sorbitol) it says. I like the PP idea of making it yourself. It wouldn't be hard and you could control everything that goes in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
That's how I'm losing too! It's so funny, I feel like I'm melting sometimes because my face is skinnier, I have collarbones again, and my stomach looks good down to about my bellybutton. Anxious to see some results in the butt/ thigh area!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #37  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Oh! and another question: do you measure your herbs and count them as in your veggie allowance? I mean stuff like parsely, mint, thyme, etc.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #38  
Started IP 10/13/11

okay everyone - totally having a "dumb moment"... need your help !
I have cooked cabbage which measures 200 g...... does that mean i have 2 c of raw cabbage? (it says that 1 c of raw cabbage weighs 89g)
omg thank goodness it is friday !
Old 01-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #39  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Oh! and another question: do you measure your herbs and count them as in your veggie allowance? I mean stuff like parsely, mint, thyme, etc.
I don't, just like I don't measure my garlic; but I don't use a whole bottle of any of it lol.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #40  
I Started IP October 11th

S/C/G: 199/178/130

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning IP family!

Today is my weigh in and am feeling pretty good about it - I have made sure not to go near my scale at home bc i know it will drive me crazy! - i dont expect a huge weight loss - but i feel the inches (thats how it was the last time, not much weight but tons of inches)

On another note - My Sisters wedding is in just over a month - Yikes! I need to tone up my arms for this sleeveless bridesmaid dress - Do you think if i start doing some weights (no cardio) & Push Ups? it wouldnt affect my diet?
Or i was thinking about using my elliptical just lightly, mostly in the arms??
Old 01-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #41  
Birdie

S/C/G: 155/150.5/125

Height: 5'3"

Default RE: Restart IP on my own with alternatives

Quote: Alternatives are ALL I use and I'm having pretty good results You CAN do this! You have our support

How much are you looking to lose this time around?
OMGZITSMIRANDA: I am just learning how to use this site, so I don't know how to respond directly to a post. I would love to lose 20 to 30 pounds this time around. My doctor would like me to lose between 15 and 25 pounds to be in the best range considering my strong family history of heart disease and strokes. So I set out again. I am so happy you wrote, I was a little concerned about how the alternatives would compare with the regular IP packets. I am currently planning on using mostly Lindora packets and I was also able to find some EAS AdvantEDGE carb control premixed drinks at Walmart. Any other suggestions?

My plan for today is packet and coffee for breakfast, packet and salad with cut up veggies for lunch, crock pot beef with salad and veggies for dinner and a premix for dinner. I tend to forget the evening packet, but I know it is important, so I will leave a premix by my bed so I'll remember. Thanks all!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple sky View Post
Good Morning, everyone. I am back to bed soon. I know some of you will be up soon.

I cracked up at my WI yesterday. The scale read 150.0. Yes, exactly 150. Nothing more. Nothing less. I have lost just over 10 lbs this month, so I am pretty pleased. Will see what month 2 holds.

I have also enjoyed a few more "skinny mornings" but mostly in the arm and upper body. Not a whole lot is happening in my hip and thigh areas and I suspect they may be stubborn for a while. When I was younger, I ALWAYS carried weight in my hips, rarely in my tummy and other areas but that of course changed. Wearing the same jeans but there is a little more give. I feel like I am down a shirt size but have not tested the waters yet.

Well, have a wonderful Friday with wonderful weigh in's, NSV's, and positive support even if you have to generate it yourself.

Sometimes we just have to have a sit down with ourselves because no one else can provide the answers we truly want. Others try. They mean well but they don't always cut it and with topsy turvy hormonal stuff going on, it's hard to say if we will even hear it correctly. "So, self...."

...nite.
You are doing fantastic!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

Just wanted to thanks to all the people who had kind words for me yesterday. It was a baaad day. Today is my weigh in. I am not expecting a loss even though I stayed 100% OP. I weighed myself this morning and the scale hasnt moved. Maybe next week I will have a big "woosh" moment
Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #44  

Hey my Alternative peeps, I posted this yesterday, so ignore it if you saw it. I ordered (from Diet Direct) some Wonderslim Hazelnut Cocoa Creme Pudding and I really like it. I also have some Cheesecake pudding (maybe from Protidiet) that I like with a little Walden Farms SF blueberry jelly on top. I know sometimes I like a little variety, if I come across any other good finds, I will post!

keep up the great work ladies and gents
Old 01-27-2012, 11:25 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkerchik20 View Post
Good Morning IP family!

Today is my weigh in and am feeling pretty good about it - I have made sure not to go near my scale at home bc i know it will drive me crazy! - i dont expect a huge weight loss - but i feel the inches (thats how it was the last time, not much weight but tons of inches)

On another note - My Sisters wedding is in just over a month - Yikes! I need to tone up my arms for this sleeveless bridesmaid dress - Do you think if i start doing some weights (no cardio) & Push Ups? it wouldnt affect my diet?
Or i was thinking about using my elliptical just lightly, mostly in the arms??
Yes, you can do toning, I think that several people did that throughout their weight loss. I use very light weights (5 lbs) and do exercises every other day for my arms, as I have an artificial shoulder and have done them for years. My arms are in ok shape for my age. Good Luck at your WI!
Closed Thread