Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday! Of course if you work on the weekends Friday doesn't mean much does it? Since I don't get on the internet much at home I will be missing everyone's support over the weekend. I hope everyone has a successful weekend and has lots of NSV's to share on Monday. I'm focused on the NSV's right now because my scale isn't moving this week. Maybe I'm do a visit from the woosh fairy soon.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #17  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! WI#2 tomorrow - don't know if I'm excited or scared. As tough as the first few days of week 1 were, this week has had challenges too - I'm still getting hungry between meals - funny though, the "temptation" challenges haven't phased me too much. Today is the monthly "Birthday" day at work, so fruit, donuts, cheddar popcorn, big cookie, etc in the kitchen, and I barely glanced at it when I made my tea this morning. This weekend I'm going to focus on organization and menu planning, so next week will be easier. Plus I'm going to follow the advice of breaking up the veggies a bit so I can have a "snack" mid-day.
Happy Friday Everyone! to those who need it; to those who deserve them!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles1330 View Post
Good morning everyone! WI#2 tomorrow - don't know if I'm excited or scared. As tough as the first few days of week 1 were, this week has had challenges too - I'm still getting hungry between meals - funny though, the "temptation" challenges haven't phased me too much. Today is the monthly "Birthday" day at work, so fruit, donuts, cheddar popcorn, big cookie, etc in the kitchen, and I barely glanced at it when I made my tea this morning. This weekend I'm going to focus on organization and menu planning, so next week will be easier. Plus I'm going to follow the advice of breaking up the veggies a bit so I can have a "snack" mid-day.
Happy Friday Everyone! to those who need it; to those who deserve them!
Break out the lettuce and munch down when a hunger isn't diminished by water or water MIO or what ever drink you are using! The munching on crispy stuff works for my hunger thoughts.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #19  
Birdie

S/C/G: 155/150.5/125

Height: 5'3"

Default First day - restarting IP diet on my own this time!

Hello everyone-I am restarting my IP diet today. I lost 30 pounds the first time, but have regained 20. I read through your Friday posts and am inspired! I am doing it on my own this time with alternate products--I just can't spend as much as I did the first time, and I'm hoping that with the support of this forum, I will be able to do it and keep it off this time. Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #20  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie86509 View Post
Hello everyone-I am restarting my IP diet today. I lost 30 pounds the first time, but have regained 20. I read through your Friday posts and am inspired! I am doing it on my own this time with alternate products--I just can't spend as much as I did the first time, and I'm hoping that with the support of this forum, I will be able to do it and keep it off this time. Have a wonderful weekend!
Alternatives are ALL I use and I'm having pretty good results You CAN do this! You have our support

How much are you looking to lose this time around?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 170/138/130

Hi there. I am starting a two-week roboot today so I thought I'd join you. I lost 30 lbs on IP from May to August last year. I'm only up a few lbs, but my coach recommends an annual reeboot to get the pancreas back in tip top shape. Today is Day 1! Thought I'd hang out with you guys on the daily thread for my little journey. Honestly, I'm nervous about being hungry Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #22  

good morning everyone- good night sleep tight to the night shifters! I have been doing well, get tired sooner in the evenings than I used to. Ready for bed around 7:45! Mornings are supper, especially after I take the B-12!Wondering if that is something others found happening. I am 17 days OP. 191 to start and 176 now. It is really nice, on the way to work yesterday I felt better than I have in 4 years! Nice NSV, to feel energized again!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
Hi there. I am starting a two-week roboot today so I thought I'd join you. I lost 30 lbs on IP from May to August last year. I'm only up a few lbs, but my coach recommends an annual reeboot to get the pancreas back in tip top shape. Today is Day 1! Thought I'd hang out with you guys on the daily thread for my little journey. Honestly, I'm nervous about being hungry Have a great day everyone.
Well, Welcome back! Lettuce Lettuce Lettuce! You can do it. Remember the light at the end of the tunnel! My gram always said "This to shall pass"
Old 01-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie86509 View Post
Welcom back! i am doing this on my own as well. This place is a big help to me! You know it works for you, so how exciting! Did you start excersing? I do 20 minutes a day, not heavy, but it seems to help me. My joints feel good, and I feel more flexible. Good luck and glad you're hanging with us!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 185/145/130

Good morning everyone, happy Friday! Oh, I didn't give myself enough sleep last night I'm such a night owl and love sitting up late and I do it even though I know all about how that can sabotage weight loss (among other things). So I'm holding myself accountable here to help myself work on this.

I hope everyone has a lovely day and those of you who are feeling sick feel better surprisingly fast
Old 01-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 185/145/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo1963 View Post
Nice NSV, to feel energized again!
I know right? The energy thing has been a huge shock (and delight) to me -- major motivator to stay on track. I've had horrible illness-related fatigue for almost all my adult life and while this program hasn't completely fixed that, it feels to me like the pilot light's been cleaned out (if one does that to pilot lights?) and switched on again. This is one of the things I had to experience myself before I could ever believe it.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #27  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry1672 View Post
I was lightheaded and nauseas on day 2-4. I woke up on day 5 feeling fantastic! You can do it, just know that it will pass in a few days and you will feel great
It is not related to being OP, it is a flu or a cold, not the normal symptoms that usually others get while they start this program.

Anyway, I really feel sick and would love to make myself a chicken soup tonight using my protein allowance for supper and my 2 cups of veggies. Anyone knows if the chicken stock cubes such as Knorr or anything else similar to it are ok?

Please let me know, waiting for your reply.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #28  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Feeling sick how? Stomach bug, cold, or just carb withdraws? When I had a cold I probably got all my water in the form of hot herbal tea which really helped with the sinuses. And for stomach bugs, hot peppermint tea or hot ginger tea (which you can make yourself from a ginger root), really help to alleviate the nausea. I've also read of some people making OP chicken soup. I hope you feel better!! [/QUOTE]

Feeling sick with a cold or flu (never really got to know the difference between these two as the symptoms are usually similar).

I am doing exactly that: drinking hot green tea now, I will pass by the mall to pick up some other sorts of herbal teas as well to prepare.

I want to prepare myself a totally 100% OP chicken soup, but as I already asked and hope to know if I can use the chicken stock cube for making it, not sure if I can as I don't know the nutritional value of it. Or maybe if someone can tell me if I can use the chicken soup base they usually sell at the dollar store, the yellow powder one.

Waiting for your replies.

Thank you.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 AM   #29  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpassport View Post
I'm starting my reboot on Tuesday (P1 anyway)! We can do this together.

Wuv....way to go, woman! You're doing awesome, look great, and I"m proud of you!

As for me...just gearing up for my reboot. I went on maintenance in August, but have gained about 8lbs back from not being prepared with healthy snacks/food over the holidays. Here's to getting those 8 off, and being the healthiest person I can be.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

You should be able to find a sugar free chicken bullion powder.

Otherwise just season with dried herbs, curry powder, whatever you like!! Cook the chicken and veggies into soup and use the flavourings that appeal to you. Oxo cubes are mostly salt, so make sure to add some sea salt if you decide not to use one!

Many low carb diets include chicken broth in the induction phase as a way to get in electrolytes.
Closed Thread