Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 01:37 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/26/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-26-2012, 01:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 304.6/304.6/220

Height: 5'11"

I am finishing out day 1. It doesn't seem so bad... Feel kind of off?? I am sure thats normal. I feel kinda sick to my stomach and have a slight headache. But I know that once the 1st week passes I will be ok. One foot in front of the other.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadytobeHealthy View Post
I am finishing out day 1. It doesn't seem so bad... Feel kind of off?? I am sure thats normal. I feel kinda sick to my stomach and have a slight headache. But I know that once the 1st week passes I will be ok. One foot in front of the other.
Your body is detoxing, add some salt to your water or put 1/4tsp of the sea salt in the palm of your hand and lick it off then drink water. Your BP and/or electrolytes are low...its normal..but if you do this within 10-15 mins it should go away
Old 01-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

Okay, so I'm starting back on IP today . . . and I realized that most days during my first week I did not have the required amount of olive oil. Is the olive oil optional? I have no way to incorporate it into my diet other than to just take a spoonful and swallow it plain xD
Old 01-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #5  
Started IP 10/13/11

Morning everyone! Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
Okay, so I'm starting back on IP today . . . and I realized that most days during my first week I did not have the required amount of olive oil. Is the olive oil optional? I have no way to incorporate it into my diet other than to just take a spoonful and swallow it plain xD
Glad to see you back, I'm guessing you are feeling better. The olive oil is mandatory. You can use it to cook your meat or fish in the evening or you can mix it with vinegar and a little mustard to make a salad dressing, and you can even use on your veggies if you bake or pan fry them. I use a tsp to pan fry my angel hair cabbage.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #7  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
It's required. I usually drizzle some over my lettuce or even over my veggies.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! Looking forward to being 100% OP today (as everyday). There was some talk yesterday as to whether turnips are allowed or not. They are allowed and not restricted, at least according to the latest sheet I could find dated 5/24/11. You can get the sheet by going to the following link: http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Pha...%20-%20ITG.pdf. If someone knows of a more recent sheet please share it with the group. For those of you skipping your olive oil, it is important you have it. It help move waste through your pipes .

I want to make an observation. I feel that over the last few days there has been some not very supportive comments made by members and some comments seem accusatory. We all come here for support and encouragement, to swap ideas and hold each other up. Not tear each other down. I would prefer that if you have nothing nice to say than don't say it at all. If you want to be ugly start your own group and swipe at each other all you like.

Sorry for the rant but I am getting fed up. I need this site for the support it gives. Let's all just be supportive of each other because that is why we are all here.

I hope everyone has a positive and OP day
Old 01-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgirl83 View Post
Thanks NavyMommy, now Im totally bummed I've been using onions this week Live and learn hopefully I didn't mess it all up.
I wouldn't worry to much about it. Some coaches have said they're okay if they don't brown, but I was told no cooked onions (and that's what on the sheet). I'm sure you will still be fine, and now that you know you'll change, there's nothing you can do about the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Would you mind an observation? Well, 2 really. The Jelly doesn't have all the essential amino acids. I think it's recommended for the 4th packet or for occasionally. And 8 oz of tilapia (225 grams) has 45.2 grams of protein; 2 eggs have 12.6.
Really? I had thought all of the packets were formulated to meet all the requirements of the program, so basically the soup and a juice have the same nutrition, and provide all the protein you need. Does that make sense? I will ask my coach about it before I place my order. I'm currently on alternatives, but changing back to some IP / some alternatives so I haven't ordered anything yet. Would you mind pointing me in the direction of a resource so I can do a little more research? Thanks!

Oh, and about the eggs v. fish. I know the fish has more protein so when I have eggs I add in a few extra egg whites. It goes in phases, depending on what I feel like. I just pan cooked the fish last night (and it was delicious!) so I'll probably be on fish for a while now, but as long as it's on the sheet I haven't worried to much about it.

Thanks for your input!

Quote:
Way to go! And no, the olive oil is not optional. I know you're eating a lot of steamed veggies, you can drizzle a tsp over whatever you're eating (I like it on broccoli) and get it in that way. You'll hardly know its there and it's much more palatable then having to drink a spoonful of it plain.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #10  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Good luck! Glad to see you're back. You feeling back to normal now?
Old 01-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadytobeHealthy View Post
Good morning and welcome. You are getting off sugar and it is a little uncomfortable but passes very soon. Stick with it. For me day 3 was the hardest but I drank all my water and did just fine. (I believe water helps flush the system)

I live in Idaho too. I think we may be the only ones!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #12  
let's do this!

S/C/G: 227/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Hey all,

Well first day has gotten off to a great start!

Had a cuppacino shake, shot of espresso and te vitamins

Question though I ate at 5.30, should 1 have one cup of veggies for a mid morning snack? Do u have to eat every 4 hours?
Old 01-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #13  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Very busy day in here, so no time for reading anything today.

Just a quick hello, telling everybody that finally after 25 days gone by, I was finally able to have a 100% OP day yesterday.

I weighed myself today and I am at 209.2, which is not that bad considering the junk I ate over the holidays.

My measurement are as follows:

Chest: 41'' - Started at 44''
Waist: 36'' - Started at 38''
Hips: 45.5'' - Started at 52''

I only take these measurement, I don't take like calf, thigh, neck or anything else.

I am positive that this time no stopping me before reaching my goal.

Have a good day everyone.

I know mine will be so busy.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning everyone! Today's my weigh in day! I'll be back to post my results which is becoming the highlight of my week!!! WOO HOO!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #15  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Good morning everyone! Today's my weigh in day! I'll be back to post my results which is becoming the highlight of my week!!! WOO HOO!!!
Good luck today! Can't wait to hear the results
Closed Thread