Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/236/180

Height: 5'8

Question Help! Havent lost in 30 days!

I am about to quit! I haven't lost a lb in almost a month!
I have 2 theories:
The cookie! I think its ever since I started eating 1 almost everyday instead of a bar the scale stopped moving.
Or....
Meds! I have a hiatal hernia, and take nexium on a daily basis,but lately I've been adding Maalox chewable tablets. I eat them like candy to prevent chest pain due to the heart burn. (

What do u guys Think? I know when I'm in ketosis due to the sweet flavor in my mouth, nausea and headache, but that doesn't last very long. I'm getting very frustrated going up and down these 5lbs. I go from 239 to 236 up again to 240. Ahhh!!! Help.
NewSexyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

a month is a very long time to go without losing, perhaps this is not the right diet for you and you could try something else?

have you considered a prescription pill for heart burn such as Prevacid? it works wonders and you only take 1 a day
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSexyMe View Post
I am about to quit! I haven't lost a lb in almost a month!
I have 2 theories:
The cookie! I think its ever since I started eating 1 almost everyday instead of a bar the scale stopped moving.
Or....
Meds! I have a hiatal hernia, and take nexium on a daily basis,but lately I've been adding Maalox chewable tablets. I eat them like candy to prevent chest pain due to the heart burn. (

What do u guys Think? I know when I'm in ketosis due to the sweet flavor in my mouth, nausea and headache, but that doesn't last very long. I'm getting very frustrated going up and down these 5lbs. I go from 239 to 236 up again to 240. Ahhh!!! Help.

I would suggest cutting back on the cookies. I am pretty sure that I was told that it counted as more than a bar.( I want to say it is equivalent to 2 restricteds) maybe someone else can chime in for sure
JKfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #4  

I already take prescription meds 2x a day ( Nexium) This diet has been the ONLY Diet I have stuck to and has worked.
I started back in October and I have lost about 30 lbs. I went off program during the holidays due to traveling, and lack of $$$.
I'm doing something wrong, and those are the only 2 things I'm doing different from the first time.

Last edited by NewSexyMe; 01-25-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfromIL View Post
I would suggest cutting back on the cookies. I am pretty sure that I was told that it counted as more than a bar.( I want to say it is equivalent to 2 restricteds) maybe someone else can chime in for sure
I used to eat a cookie only once or twice a week due to the larger amount of carbs...could be why I've only been maintaining.

Last edited by NewSexyMe; 01-25-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Looks like the Maalox extra strength chewable tabs have 1 carb and 5 calories for every 2 tabs - not sure how many you've been having but I suppose anything could add up!
TracyAWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Maalox contains the following in addition to calcium carbonate. aspartame (contains phenylalanine) corn starch, dextrose, D&C red No. 30, flavour, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, mannitol, silicon dioxide, sodium croscarmellose.

I suggest cutting way back on these... This diet should help heartburn in general, because of the lack of carbs.

Also, if you changed something and the scale stopped moving, change back! Thie journey is a learning experience and we are all different. Maintenance is the same thing. Experiment, learn, adapt. Repeat...
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

The new forms I have for the cookie say that it's only okay for one-two times a week because of the high number of carbs (like the spaghetti). Maybe try cutting back on those. What does your coach say? Maybe if you post what you're eating on a daily basis we could help more.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #9  

Haven't seen my coach yet...I couldn't make it to my last weigh in, And then they canceled on me due to a seminar. (its by appt only since its a Drs office)

My routine goes as follows:
Wake up eat my cookie with 24 oz of water (I wake up starving )
Drink my vitamins, meds, and enzymes
I drink 2 of the Orange IP drinks spread out throughout the day and I include for lunch, shredded lettuce with bell pepper,fresh mushrooms, 2 deli sliced up sugar free low fat ham, 1 boiled egg white and I add some lemon juice as a dressing with some salt.
Have dinner, example:grilled 5-6 oz of chicken breast seasoned with Season All and garlic powder, 2 cups of veggies, and more lettuce and 24 oz water.
At night I drink a pink lemonade IP, and another 24 oz of water.

Last edited by NewSexyMe; 01-26-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #10  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Haven't seen my coach yet...I couldn't make it to my last weigh in, And then they canceled on me due to a seminar. (its by appt only since its a Drs office)

My routine goes as follows:
Wake up eat my cookie with 24 oz of water (I wake up starving )
Drink my vitamins, meds, and enzymes
I drink 2 of the Orange IP drinks spread out throughout the day and I include for lunch, shredded lettuce with bell pepper,fresh mushrooms, 2 deli sliced up sugar free low fat ham, 1 boiled egg white and I add some lemon juice as a dressing with some salt.
Have dinner, example:grilled 5-6 oz of chicken breast seasoned with Season All and garlic powder, 2 cups of veggies, and more lettuce and 24 oz water.
At night I drink a pink lemonade IP, and another 24 oz of water.
Someone else posted about having ham the other day [lunch meat] & said their progress had slowed a LOT. ham is notorious for having sodium in it or even hidden sodium. I would try switching that up for turkey or something like that. Just my advice though Or maybe limit the cookies to only a couple times a week also.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Maalox contains the following in addition to calcium carbonate. aspartame (contains phenylalanine) corn starch, dextrose, D&C red No. 30, flavour, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, mannitol, silicon dioxide, sodium croscarmellose.

I suggest cutting way back on these... This diet should help heartburn in general, because of the lack of carbs.

Also, if you changed something and the scale stopped moving, change back! Thie journey is a learning experience and we are all different. Maintenance is the same thing. Experiment, learn, adapt. Repeat...
This diet has helped my stomach stop getting so bloated! I love it! The heartburn, is due to the darn Hiatal Hernia, thats not Going away till I get surgery. But I am sooooo not chewing on those Maalox tabs anymore (I can chew on 8-10 a day) ! I'm also not eating that cookie! I'll just go back to my bars, or cereal for breakfast. I think the combo of the maalox and the cookie did it. I go in got a weigh in on Monday, hope I lose by then! Don't want my coach getting mad...

Thanks

Last edited by NewSexyMe; 01-26-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Someone else posted about having ham the other day [lunch meat] & said their progress had slowed a LOT. ham is notorious for having sodium in it or even hidden sodium. I would try switching that up for turkey or something like that. Just my advice though Or maybe limit the cookies to only a couple times a week also.
The extra sodium could be making me retain water and thus making my weight go up and down. I'll change that up as well! (the cookie is a gonner! Lol)
Old 01-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #13  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
The extra sodium could be making me retain water and thus making my weight go up and down. I'll change that up as well! (the cookie is a gonner! Lol)
Haha I'm sorry You could always have it 1x a week though or something! Also, have you tried the chocolate soy balls? They're AWESOME!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #14  
started IP 1/23/12

S/C/G: 229.8/180/140

Height: 5 ft

It looks like you are having 4 IP products a day. My dr/coach said to do 4 only if necessary in the first week, then go down to only 3.
3mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #15  

I like to save my higher calorie/carb restricted items for the first two days after weigh in. That way, I have the rest of the week to burn it off. Not sure if it works that way, but in my head it sounds good!
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote