Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 202.6/166.8/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom7611 View Post
It's so interesting that this happend to you at exactly around the same time it happend to me. I think our bodies are just really fighting the 150s. I don't know about you, but I haven't seen 150 anything on the scale in about 5 years or so... Let's hope for the whoosh fairy. Lets fight back against our bodies, so we can finally welcome the 140s!! We can do this. I'm hoping for 149 or lower by valentines day <3 good luck!
Thanks!!! We can do it!!! I am hoping for the same! Have you done the cleanse?
Old 01-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #92  

I saw a lot of chat about Turnips yesterday.......I like routabaga, microwave for 20 mins-peel it-mash it. YUMMY!!! I do not add anything to it at all! Tastes so sweet to me.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Just checking in - a belated thank you to the congrats on getting close to goal. Have my WI tomorrow but I anticipate another week on P1.

And to vent a little - I haven't had that much to lose...say 25 pounds...and up to this point no one has really said anything about how I look. Now all of a sudden the comments are coming. And a lot of them contain phrase like "are you ever going to stop? don't get too skinny!" I don't think these women are trying to be mean...I know it comes from a place of insecurity but it's still AGGRAVATING and a lesson for me to keep my mouth shut unless it's to say "great job" or "you look great". Period. Thanks for letting me vent
Old 01-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 185/121/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBird View Post
Thanks!!! We can do it!!! I am hoping for the same! Have you done the cleanse?
No I haven't done the cleanse. When I was having problems with the big C, my coach gave me a big bottle of "calm." it's like mirolax, but it's OP. I got the raspberry lemonade flavor. It does seem to move things along after drinking it a day or two in a row. I still struggle with it a bit though , if im not drinking the calm regularly.

This may be way TMI but I need to know. Has anyone had as little as 2 bowel Movements in a week or if having 3-4, it's a very little amount? I'm wondering if this is a part of why my weight loss slowing too? I'm about to start taking a probiotic once or twice a day to see if that helps at all... Thanks everyone for always being there!!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #95  
started IP Nov 21, 2011

S/C/G: Goal 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Good morning everyone! Looking forward to being 100% OP today (as everyday). There was some talk yesterday as to whether turnips are allowed or not. They are allowed and not restricted, at least according to the latest sheet I could find dated 5/24/11. You can get the sheet by going to the following link: http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Pha...%20-%20ITG.pdf. If someone knows of a more recent sheet please share it with the group. For those of you skipping your olive oil, it is important you have it. It help move waste through your pipes .

I want to make an observation. I feel that over the last few days there has been some not very supportive comments made by members and some comments seem accusatory. We all come here for support and encouragement, to swap ideas and hold each other up. Not tear each other down. I would prefer that if you have nothing nice to say than don't say it at all. If you want to be ugly start your own group and swipe at each other all you like.

Sorry for the rant but I am getting fed up. I need this site for the support it gives. Let's all just be supportive of each other because that is why we are all here.

I hope everyone has a positive and OP day
thanks for stepping in and bringing up what is hard for people to say. we are here to support each other whether we agree with someone's point or not. I love this thread and appreciate Wuv for taking the time to start it each day. Keep up the journey everyone because we are all on it together.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #96  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
Okay, so I'm starting back on IP today . . . and I realized that most days during my first week I did not have the required amount of olive oil. Is the olive oil optional? I have no way to incorporate it into my diet other than to just take a spoonful and swallow it plain xD
I was told we need it to keep our gall bladder healthy. My coach said EVOO or grape seed oil. And like the other ladies said I just drizzle mine when cooking. Since I usually have chicken or fish for dinner I'll drizzle a little on top and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Then wrap in a foil pack and bake in the oven. Works for fresh or frozen (mine are always frozen). I'll drizzle on my veggies too if I broil or do a little coating if they're going in a pan on the stove. Hope that helps. How are you usually eating your veggies?
Old 01-26-2012, 12:44 PM   #97  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
No I haven't done the cleanse. When I was having problems with the big C, my coach gave me a big bottle of "calm." it's like mirolax, but it's OP. I got the raspberry lemonade flavor. It does seem to move things along after drinking it a day or two in a row. I still struggle with it a bit though , if im not drinking the calm regularly.

This may be way TMI but I need to know. Has anyone had as little as 2 bowel Movements in a week or if having 3-4, it's a very little amount? I'm wondering if this is a part of why my weight loss slowing too? I'm about to start taking a probiotic once or twice a day to see if that helps at all... Thanks everyone for always being there!!
I had no idea that miralax wasnt allowed..? Tmi but im having same problems meep.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #98  

Quote:

I have the exact opposite problem!!! I have the big D 3-4 times a week(WAYYY TMI)! I'm frightened to do the detox now lol!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #99  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
I've been measuring them in grams and using this site as a guide: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2816/2
thank you so much - very helpfull
Old 01-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Good morning everyone! Looking forward to being 100% OP today (as everyday). There was some talk yesterday as to whether turnips are allowed or not. They are allowed and not restricted, at least according to the latest sheet I could find dated 5/24/11. You can get the sheet by going to the following link: http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Pha...%20-%20ITG.pdf. If someone knows of a more recent sheet please share it with the group. For those of you skipping your olive oil, it is important you have it. It help move waste through your pipes .

I want to make an observation. I feel that over the last few days there has been some not very supportive comments made by members and some comments seem accusatory. We all come here for support and encouragement, to swap ideas and hold each other up. Not tear each other down. I would prefer that if you have nothing nice to say than don't say it at all. If you want to be ugly start your own group and swipe at each other all you like.

Sorry for the rant but I am getting fed up. I need this site for the support it gives. Let's all just be supportive of each other because that is why we are all here.

I hope everyone has a positive and OP day
That's the goal to encourage EVERYONE! Have a blessed day!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucree View Post
Hi,

I am also starting TODAY. So far so good. I had the RTD Mango smoothie, my vitamines, and coffee this morning. Had water, but feel a little flushed, I think I will try the salt suggested by Wuv. I am very nervous, I really hope I can survive the next 3 days and meet my goals. Have a good day!everyone!
Good you have you! I am at day 16 of IP. A few days I could have eaten my computer, but just stuff lettuce in, it will pass. Told my self it took me 4 years to put this wt on, it's going to take less than 4 months to take it off, so hang in there. May sound dumb, but talk to your self. Have some salt with your water, keep your electrolytes up! Low salt, potassium and mag can make you light headed or even nauseous. Happy 1st day of the rest of your life!!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 298/248/190

Height: 6'2"

Good morning all,
I've been lurking for a while and figured I'd introduce myself now. My name is Brandon, live in central Washington, work as a paramedic. I'm in the middle of my 3rd week OP and have 2 great WI's so far. I've lost 24lbs and 11 inches.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the questions and answers that have been posted, embarrassing or not. I do find it interesting that so many coaches give different opinions of how the program should work. Congrats to everyone for their successes and encouragement to those that have had struggles.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #103  
Started IP 1/25/12

S/C/G: 221/ticker/180

Height: 5'10"

Hi all! So it's my day two. Last night I was so hungry I considered eating my pillow. Didn't do it. Yet. But...

This morning I awoke with throbbing headache and had the premade vanilla drink (yum, btw) and just 2 hours later had to eat one of the bars (yummier, btw) or felt like I'd faint. After eating that, I felt great, ready to face the day with energy and joy.

So do most people eat their restricted IP earlier, does it or anything else help keep the hunger down?
Old 01-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #104  

Quote:
Thanks Miranda! And someday-- thats awesome! That's honestly my favorite part of losing this weight. Not the scale or any other numerical value-- but that I went from a 16 to a 12 in 2 months. I have a pair of 10s (from high school ) that I can't wait to comfortably button! Hopefully by valentines day I'll be able to get them on

I had a bar for breakfast and I can't wait to have a sandwich with the broc and cheese "bread." I was in the store last night to get some turkey like some of you do for this sandwhich... I was in the deli aisle for quite some time to find the leanest, lowest sodium, lowest everything brand I could find. In EVERY deli turkey or chicken one of the main ingredients was sugar. Sugar wasn't listed on the one I got, but I'm curious to the brand everyone else is using. I don't wanna sabotage myself by having a slice of turkey 2x a week. Anyone have any comments on this?
What is this broc and cheese "bread"? I can't find the recipe.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #105  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminezmarie View Post
Hi all! So it's my day two. Last night I was so hungry I considered eating my pillow. Didn't do it. Yet. But...

This morning I awoke with throbbing headache and had the premade vanilla drink (yum, btw) and just 2 hours later had to eat one of the bars (yummier, btw) or felt like I'd faint. After eating that, I felt great, ready to face the day with energy and joy.

So do most people eat their restricted IP earlier, does it or anything else help keep the hunger down?
I had my restricted at lunch but now i switch between breakfast and lunch. Try downing some water and a few pickle chips. Stay busy, it WILL pass!
Closed Thread