Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/240/210

Height: 5'10"

Good morning for Alberta

This program works so wonderful when it is followed 100%. Which I am happy to say I follow most of the time.

I hope everyone has a wonderful on program day today.

Also, good luck to eveyone that has a weigh in today. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Good luck today! Can't wait to hear the results
Thank you Miranda!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #18  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Thank you Miranda!!!
No problem! I love hearing weigh-ins haha :P
Old 01-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #19  
Gotta keep trying!

I kind of feel like i'm eating something I shouldn't be eating. Something that is slowing down my progress, it's just a "feeling". I haven't cheated, that's all I know. Could I be getting TOO much protein by eating some egg whites? I eat pickles too; I guess I should lay off of those? I will post a typical day.

Breakfast: shake or chocolate balls [I switch back & forth] & 2 egg whites scrambled.
S: 1 cup veggies
Lunch: 1 cup veggies [sometimes 1/2 cup is pickles, but mainly 1/4 cup] & a shake or chocolate balls [like I said, I switch]
S: 1 cup veggies.
Dinner: 8oz protein & 1 cup veggies. [Sometimes I do eat 9oz of meat, but not ALL the time; just like 1x a week]
S: shake.

What am I doing?!

Last edited by omgzitsmiranda; 01-26-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: had to fix veggie amount
Old 01-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #20  

Default week 1 weigh in sat , but question for wuv

I have read the newbie info and just read the doc's book....I noticed wuvs food journal, and noticed less food than I have been consuming. My home scale shows little losses, so here are my questions :I roast my vegese with olive oil and spices. Could this stall weight loss? Also, in the book, broccoli,cauliflower, turnip, leek,and some mushrooms are not recommended in the first phase as much as the other vegese... I have eaten a lot of these and am wondering if that could be a factor
Old 01-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #21  

Quote:
No problem! I love hearing weigh-ins haha :P
Me too!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmom3 View Post
I have read the newbie info and just read the doc's book....I noticed wuvs food journal, and noticed less food than I have been consuming. My home scale shows little losses, so here are my questions :I roast my vegese with olive oil and spices. Could this stall weight loss? Also, in the book, broccoli,cauliflower, turnip, leek,and some mushrooms are not recommended in the first phase as much as the other vegese... I have eaten a lot of these and am wondering if that could be a factor
I too was confused about the vegetables in the book vs the vegetables on the phase 1 sheet I received from my coach. I'm guessing as the diet has evolved some things are no longer 'in sync' with the book. The protein allowance at night used to be 5 oz now it is 8.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
I too was confused about the vegetables in the book vs the vegetables on the phase 1 sheet I received from my coach. I'm guessing as the diet has evolved some things are no longer 'in sync' with the book. The protein allowance at night used to be 5 oz now it is 8.
I believe the book is outdated. I would highly recommend to go by the sheet your receive from your "coach"...
Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I believe the book is outdated. I would highly recommend to go by the sheet your receive from your "coach"...
Yes, I agree with you.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #25  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

You can find the latest sheet dated 5/24/11 at: http://www.idealtogo.com/Library/Pha...%20-%20ITG.pdf. If someone knows of a more recent sheet please share it with the group.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I kind of feel like i'm eating something I shouldn't be eating. Something that is slowing down my progress, it's just a "feeling". I haven't cheated, that's all I know. Could I be getting TOO much protein by eating some egg whites? I eat pickles too; I guess I should lay off of those? I will post a typical day.

Breakfast: shake or chocolate balls [I switch back & forth] & 2 egg whites scrambled.
S: 1 cup veggies
Lunch: 1 cup veggies [sometimes 1/2 cup is pickles, but mainly 1/4 cup] & a shake or chocolate balls [like I said, I switch]
S: 1 cup veggies.
Dinner: 8oz protein & 1 cup veggies. [Sometimes I do eat 9oz of meat, but not ALL the time; just like 1x a week]
S: 1 cup veggies & shake.

What am I doing?!
There are 5 cups of veggies there, you're supposed to be eating 4 cups a day (2 with lunch, 2 with dinner although it's just fine if you spread them out). Also, if you're hungry I would continue with the egg whites, but now that you're in ketosis I might try a day or two without them. They're certainly not hurting you (my coach said egg whites are free, so the first few days I had some scrambled mid afternoon while I was going into ketosis) but if you're not happy with your numbers you might think about trying it without them. IMO though you're doing great!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmom3 View Post
What book are you referring to, the new cookbook? Personally I just go with the sheet (posted in the sticky thread) and don't worry about it. What does an average day look like, maybe there's something else there you might not be seeing.

I roast my veggies most nights too, that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #28  
Gotta keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
There are 5 cups of veggies there, you're supposed to be eating 4 cups a day (2 with lunch, 2 with dinner although it's just fine if you spread them out). Also, if you're hungry I would continue with the egg whites, but now that you're in ketosis I might try a day or two without them. They're certainly not hurting you (my coach said egg whites are free, so the first few days I had some scrambled mid afternoon while I was going into ketosis) but if you're not happy with your numbers you might think about trying it without them. IMO though you're doing great!!
Ack! I'm not actually having 5 I guess I just wrote down 5 or else that would probably be the problem LOL. I think I've been doing good, I'm just kind of getting the feeling by stopping something else I'm doing, I would be doing better? Does that make sense? I don't know :P Maybe I'm just having a slow progress week and I can just FEEL it.

Thanks for the help
Old 01-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #29  
Started IP 10/13/11

MORNING AGAIN !
couple of questions.....

1. Am I correct in saying we are allowed 8oz of protein a day?
2. Is it okay to take a couple of ounces of that protein and put it at my lunch and still have my protein packet?
3. Is there such a thing as too many veggies?
4. and finally, is there such a thing as too much water.

Thanks everyone.......
Old 01-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #30  
Started IP 10/13/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Very busy day in here, so no time for reading anything today.

Just a quick hello, telling everybody that finally after 25 days gone by, I was finally able to have a 100% OP day yesterday.

I weighed myself today and I am at 209.2, which is not that bad considering the junk I ate over the holidays.

My measurement are as follows:

Chest: 41'' - Started at 44''
Waist: 36'' - Started at 38''
Hips: 45.5'' - Started at 52''

I only take these measurement, I don't take like calf, thigh, neck or anything else.

I am positive that this time no stopping me before reaching my goal.

Have a good day everyone.

I know mine will be so busy.
just remember what you said yesterday !!! "It is hard, but NOT impossible"

have a super day!
Closed Thread