Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 200/158/140

Height: 5'7

Today is day 18 for me and not a cheat to be had. Glad to be a part of this group
Old 01-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #77  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry1672 View Post
Today is day 18 for me and not a cheat to be had. Glad to be a part of this group
Woo Hoo! I'm right behind you Day 16 for me
Old 01-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I want to share my Mantra: If it's to be, it's up to me!

Today has been an unusually hard day for me...my daughter's anniversary was on Monday. She died at birth, my perfect wonderful baby didn't have a chance to take a breath or open her eyes. She was born still at full term due to a knot in the umbilical cord. She would have been 6 years old this year, and as the years go by, the waves don't crash as hard, but once in a while, the tide comes in and it knocks me to my knees.

Today was that day. I was good on Monday, usually around her anniversary I am super busy with my now 5 year old little boy, who brought more joy and healing that he will ever know...and my busy and amazing 10 year old....but I take time to remember her, pause in prayer, and talk about her. And every year, I can count on it now...NOONE calls me, texts me, emails me....NOTHING. My husband of course remembers and holds me as I cry, but not even my mom or my mother in law, phone me or anything. Its hurtful, it's like they have totally forgotten about her. She is their grandchild, they celebrate all of the other grandkids but on this ONE DAY a year, I would like a phone call to say, "I miss her" . I want someone to ask me how I'm doing, tell me they wonder what she would be like, what her personality would be like, and just basically support us in our loss through the years.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, I just feel that I needed to talk about it and you all are a safe place for me. I've been spot OP since I restarted and I will continue to be. I don't want to eat....I just want to cry.... and wish my family would remember. But then I remember my mantra "If it's to be, it's up to me". No more feeling sorry for myself, I will continue to remember her everyday and celebrate her anniversary. Life does go on, and she left many many blessings for us. The biggest one was to thank God daily for each blessing and enjoy life. And that is why IP is saving my life, so I can enjoy and LIVE!

Thanks for listening.
That is so heartbreaking! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way. I can relate on a different level. I lost my brother 5 years ago in a snowmobile accident. It is the most devastating thing in my life and I miss him every single day. It breaks my heart that he's not hear to see his niece and nephew grow up. I know the things they do would make him laugh. As hard as it all is, I truely believe things happend for a reason. He has a plan for us all...even if we don't like it.

Stay strong and know that we are all here to support you.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #79  

On a lighter note. I made Kale chips tonight with the popcorn seasoning. I made three different batches, one for each flavor I have. They turned out SO GOOD!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
On a lighter note. I made Kale chips tonight with the popcorn seasoning. I made three different batches, one for each flavor I have. They turned out SO GOOD!
How do you make Kale chips? These sound gooooood!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your brother - loss is quite a journey, Hugs!!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #81  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Congrats to all! Heading to WI 9 tomorrow. 100% since my start Dec 1! If one is gonna do it....then do it all the way!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #82  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

This is awesome-Thank you Wuv- Congratulations to all
Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Mompatie - really sorry for your loss .
Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #84  

Height: 5'6

[QUOTE=MustangMolly;4188315]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post

I am very glad to have this thread. Although I phased off for a vacation I don't consider that cheating. I followed the IP phase off protocol and got right back on phase one after the vacation.
Hi there... this peaked my interest because while I have only been on IP for 3 weeks I have a weeks vacation the first week of March (Texas). I soooo do not want to cheat so I was wondering if I should 'phase off'? Right now I feel like I could get through the week and stay on plan, but there will be a lot of eating out. What do you (or anyone else) think? thanks for any info
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #85  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

mompattie - you are just so wonderful for being so supportive of everyone here. When you mentioned about stuffing your feelings down with food yesterday, I could have never imagined how much pain you really are dealing with. I admire your strength to being so committed through such a hard time. It's late in the day, but hopefully you get lots more hugs before it is over - here's one from me *hug*

I cried for your terrible loss, but you also made me appreciate my little 2-year-old blessing (sometimes a little adorable terror) even more.

I've been 100% OP since I restarted after Christmas. I promise today to stay on track until I get my legal cheat days in phase 4.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #86  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't know anything about phasing off, but I eat out all the time and stay OP. The only thing that I find is that restaurants skimp on veggies, so you might have to order double or even buy some celery or cucumbers to munch on. You just have to be very conscious of what you're ordering when you eat out and make sure that it doesn't have any no-no ingredients. My kids and I go to the beach every year for spring break, and I'm going to stay OP for that.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #87  

Height: 5'6

Thanks Sewing Momma
Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
mompattie - you are just so wonderful for being so supportive of everyone here. When you mentioned about stuffing your feelings down with food yesterday, I could have never imagined how much pain you really are dealing with. I admire your strength to being so committed through such a hard time. It's late in the day, but hopefully you get lots more hugs before it is over - here's one from me *hug*

I cried for your terrible loss, but you also made me appreciate my little 2-year-old blessing (sometimes a little adorable terror) even more.

I've been 100% OP since I restarted after Christmas. I promise today to stay on track until I get my legal cheat days in phase 4.
Hugs back Beanie. Thanks so much. I really appreciate everyone here!!! The motivation, the inspiration, the support....we're connecting with strangers through common goals and needs. Its a great forum. Thanks for your support!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

I am excited to see that this thread was started. When i chose to begin this diet, I had the determination to follow through with what was on that sheet for Phase 1. I never once cheated. People that say this diet is impossible when you go on vacation are sometimes using that as an excuse. I went to Hawaii at the beginning of December and stuck to the program and came home with a weight loss. It was a challenge in some restaurants but all of them were willing to accomodate my requests. Now that I am in my second week of Phase 3, I am still as determined to succeed on this diet as Day 1 of Phase 1.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #90  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh). I have gone from a size 36 pants to a loose size 24, Bra a VERY FULL 54DD to a 42C, and shirts from a tight 5x to a 2x almost in an XL. This has been the best 9 months in my life. I have 13lbs left to go to reach my original goal of 250lbs, once I hit that I will continue to my next and final goal of 200lbs!!.....I want to be there by my one year anniversary of being on Ideal Protein.

THIS just goes to show you that IF you stick to it THE POUNDS WILL COME OFF!!!!!
congratulations! you are awesome and I see you as our leader showing us the way......keep up the good work, you're almost here.....
Closed Thread