3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2012, 03:39 AM   #1
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/25/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!



Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.


Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
bedheadred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 15

Default

Good Morning all my fellow IP's! My coach cancelled my weigh in (it will be my 2nd) but after freaking out Friday last week about seeing my ordinary cheap bathroom scale barely move...IT MOVEDI am very anxious to get the true reading but think I am down at least 5 more (so a minimum of 12 total)!! I can tell my clothes are fitting looser and it feels GREAT! I will check back in Thursday for my "official loss"
Wishing you all a fantastic day
bedheadred is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
rissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 470

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Thank You's

Good Morning IPeeps:

I would like to thank all of you for the congratulations, job well dones and like the new pictures that was given to me yesterday. I was not able to get back on much after I posted yesterday morning due to work load and when I go home my computer had a worm so I was not able to log on then either.

Congratulations to those who had losses yesterday to those who stayed on OP. For those who are a little concerned for "only" losing a small amount....it is going to happen, you are not going to have a big loss every week. You may have small losses for awhile and then one day the WHOOSH Fairy will hit and give you a good loss. And some people lose at a slower rate than others. Do not get discouraged, not matter how small a loss is, it is still a loss and a victory. At least it did not go up. This plan does work as long as you follow it to the T and don't cheat. The foods and drinks are always going to be here. They will never go away and we are always going to be tempted, but as long as your heart and mind are set on losing weight then you can do it. But you have to be honest with yourself. Eating this strict is only temporary, once you meet goal and coninue on to the last phase, you can have your foods and drinks again in moderation. This is not a paln that is saying that this is the way that you have to eat for the rest of your life, not a plan that is saying that you are never ever going to beable to have this or that again. It is a plan that is saying that you are teaching yourself how to eat properly and better and learn to eat in moderation. I have had friends try to tempt me into eating this or that, because a little will not hurt anything, but it will. Just thinking about having to go thru the first 3 days again....NO THANK YOU. It will be there when I am finished and I will join you then

Sorry about the rambling....I'll stop now.

Good Luck with those who have weigh in's today. Have a great day everyone.
__________________



Restart Date 09/14/14
rissimo is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Started IPA 12/28/11
 
mamacitaof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 235

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

I would like to thank all of you for the congratulations, job well dones and like the new pictures that was given to me yesterday. I was not able to get back on much after I posted yesterday morning due to work load and when I go home my computer had a worm so I was not able to log on then either.

Congratulations to those who had losses yesterday to those who stayed on OP. For those who are a little concerned for "only" losing a small amount....it is going to happen, you are not going to have a big loss every week. You may have small losses for awhile and then one day the WHOOSH Fairy will hit and give you a good loss. And some people lose at a slower rate than others. Do not get discouraged, not matter how small a loss is, it is still a loss and a victory. At least it did not go up. This plan does work as long as you follow it to the T and don't cheat. The foods and drinks are always going to be here. They will never go away and we are always going to be tempted, but as long as your heart and mind are set on losing weight then you can do it. But you have to be honest with yourself. Eating this strict is only temporary, once you meet goal and coninue on to the last phase, you can have your foods and drinks again in moderation. This is not a paln that is saying that this is the way that you have to eat for the rest of your life, not a plan that is saying that you are never ever going to beable to have this or that again. It is a plan that is saying that you are teaching yourself how to eat properly and better and learn to eat in moderation. I have had friends try to tempt me into eating this or that, because a little will not hurt anything, but it will. Just thinking about having to go thru the first 3 days again....NO THANK YOU. It will be there when I am finished and I will join you then

Sorry about the rambling....I'll stop now.

Good Luck with those who have weigh in's today. Have a great day everyone.
Well said! I just caught up on yesterday's daily chat. Congratulations on your success! You are looking fabulous! Keep up the great work and thanks for continuing to inspire us and give advise!
__________________

[size="1"]Mini goals
215~10% of SW - reached 1/27/12
199~onderland - reached 3/16/12
185~no longer obese
175~pre-baby weight
150~goal
mamacitaof2 is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
Started IPA 12/28/11
 
mamacitaof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 235

S/C/G: 239/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Default

I found popcorn seasoning at the grocery store yesterday...next to the popcorn. It is 2/0/0 and they have multiple flavors. I used the parmesian garlic on my crab stuffed mushrooms...mmmmm. delish! I also purchased the Ranch and white cheddar seasoning. They had a couple of others too, but I stuck with what I knew I would like and likely use.

I'm having a much better day today than I was yesterday. Thank goodness! Since I'm a compulsive weigher, I also know I lost alot of water weight from my TOM yesterday....3lbs to be exact. Weighed myself in the AM, then the PM and a 3lb difference. Usually it's reversed! I hope it stays off until TOM is done!

Good luck with all the WIs today! Have a great OP day!
__________________

[size="1"]Mini goals
215~10% of SW - reached 1/27/12
199~onderland - reached 3/16/12
185~no longer obese
175~pre-baby weight
150~goal
mamacitaof2 is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
EmilySebetka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 107

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Default

Good morning everyone!

I have my third WI today. I have no idea what to expect. I am currently very happy though... I am using a hole on my belt that was previously too small to use!!! I've been doing this diet for three weeks, and I've lost that much inch wise. Wow. I'm now only one hole away from having a too big belt!

I went to a movie last night, and the friend I was with was eating popcorn (love movie theater popcorn) and it didn't tempt me at all! I just drank my little bottle of water throughout Mission Impossible 3. I love it when clothes fit better, and I can't wait until I can buy new clothes.

I'm going to Wisconsin to visit a friend (sister really) in March, and I'm hoping to have lost quite a bit by then. Then I might get to go to Florida for four days, and I hope I can wear shorts and a tank during that. At the rate I'm going, I think I will be!
EmilySebetka is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
Started IP 11/28/2011
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 155

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Default

Rissimo,
It is really inspiring seeing photo's like yours and others on here! You can just see and feel your "smiley face" come through! You look great. I hope you feel as great too.
As with others, this plan just clicks with me and I don't see the sense in cheating (knowingly) and find it easy to stay on board with it.
Wishing everyone continues success!
__________________
doublebaby is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
mtnsun4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 291

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Default

Good morning all! We have a very challenging morning this morning.......we are hoping a judge officially changes my daughter's last name to the last name of my husband, her brothers and mine. The lawyer feels that it will happen, due to the fact her biological father has not been in the picture for 2 1/2 years. Stressful event. I have my food with me, and I have planned for it. I tend to be a stress/emotional eater so I am planning my food for the day and sticking to it. I need some good thoughts this morning.


Hope you all have a successful day!
mtnsun4 is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
Started IP Aug 2, 2011
 
Junetwin11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 156

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Default

Looking good Rissimo
__________________
Junetwin11 is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
NavyMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 654

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! We have a very challenging morning this morning.......we are hoping a judge officially changes my daughter's last name to the last name of my husband, her brothers and mine. The lawyer feels that it will happen, due to the fact her biological father has not been in the picture for 2 1/2 years. Stressful event. I have my food with me, and I have planned for it. I tend to be a stress/emotional eater so I am planning my food for the day and sticking to it. I need some good thoughts this morning.
Good thoughts coming your way!! I tend to be an emotional eater as well, but having a plan and having everything prepared before hand really helps. Good luck to you!
__________________
NavyMommy is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
NavyMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 654

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Good morning!!

I hope everyone has a great day!! Things here are busy but good, I just realized how close our move is and how quickly it's coming up, and how much there still is to do!! Thankfully food is not something I'm having to stress over. I try to keep as much prepared and ready to go as I can.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is by far the easiest diet I have ever been on. On past diets (Curves, WW, calorie counting) I spend hours hunched over the computer planning everything out and then if you try to change something mid day watch out! Plus those plans weren't teaching me to stick with it, just that I could have a huge hunk of whatever as long as I deprived myself the rest of the day. Not to mention the fact that I never got results with those plans like I am getting with IP.

My new favorite purchase is the 3lb bag of broccoli from Sam's. I've had it over 2 weeks and it's still good, and SO easy to prepare. I just measure out 2 cups in my Pyrex measuring cup, rinse it off, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes. Bonus you can eat it out of the measuring cup and you've only dirtied 1 dish I've got 1 serving left that will probably be lunch today, but I love that it's all presliced and ready to go.

Also, has anyone else noticed that as they're losing weight they seem to be getting taller? Not literally of course, but all of my clothes (pants especially) that were far to short are now approaching normal length and the things that fit are now to long. I've got one pair of lounge capris that were above my knees when I started, and I put them on yesterday and they're halfway down my shins. I think it's because I have less butt / tummy to hold them up.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
__________________
NavyMommy is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
Started IP 11/28/2011
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 155

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!

I hope everyone has a great day!! Things here are busy but good, I just realized how close our move is and how quickly it's coming up, and how much there still is to do!! Thankfully food is not something I'm having to stress over. I try to keep as much prepared and ready to go as I can.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is by far the easiest diet I have ever been on. On past diets (Curves, WW, calorie counting) I spend hours hunched over the computer planning everything out and then if you try to change something mid day watch out! Plus those plans weren't teaching me to stick with it, just that I could have a huge hunk of whatever as long as I deprived myself the rest of the day. Not to mention the fact that I never got results with those plans like I am getting with IP.

My new favorite purchase is the 3lb bag of broccoli from Sam's. I've had it over 2 weeks and it's still good, and SO easy to prepare. I just measure out 2 cups in my Pyrex measuring cup, rinse it off, cover, and microwave for 2 minutes. Bonus you can eat it out of the measuring cup and you've only dirtied 1 dish I've got 1 serving left that will probably be lunch today, but I love that it's all presliced and ready to go.

Also, has anyone else noticed that as they're losing weight they seem to be getting taller? Not literally of course, but all of my clothes (pants especially) that were far to short are now approaching normal length and the things that fit are now to long. I've got one pair of lounge capris that were above my knees when I started, and I put them on yesterday and they're halfway down my shins. I think it's because I have less butt / tummy to hold them up.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Yes!! Pants have gotten shorter as I've grown outward! Now they are getting longer. Very funny.
__________________
doublebaby is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #13
itsallhis
 
Ducksmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 184

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Default

Third day OP. I am sick as a dog. Got to stick to the program even though I feel so bad.
Here's hoping you all have a great day!
Ducksmy is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #14
itsallhis
 
Ducksmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 184

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Default

mtnsun4,
You can do this! Keep on plugging along! I am an emotional eater as well, so I feel your struggle! I have faith you can get thru this! Be strong!
Blessings!
Ducksmy is offline  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #15
Started IP 1/1/2012
 
Lorilou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montgomery County MD
Posts: 129

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Default

Good morning everyone! I had a social event last night that I had to attend for work. It was a dinner event at one of the areas best Italian restaurants and I was concerned about going. I had a plan and stuck with it. I ate my OP dinner in the car right before the event so I would be full. I was hoping it would be a buffet so I could sit as far away from it as possible. Well, it was a family style service. There was nothing I could nibble on as it was all stuffed pastas with cream sauces and merlot braised beef. Desert was blueberry cheesecake with homemade wipped cream and apple cobbler with carmel and ice cream. All of this food is being passed back and forth, me even having to pass it to others so it was right under my nose. I had the waiter take all my plates and silverware away so I couldn't taste it even if I wanted to. The interesting this is I really didn't want it. I was suprised how easy it was to just pass on it. I sat there and didn't care what people thought. I assumed they would conclude that I was on a special diet or something and no one said anything to me. I am proud of myself for making it through the event and coming out the other side stonger.

We all can do this if we just stay strong and true to ourselves!

Good luck to everyone today and have a fabulous OP day!
__________________


WI#1: -9.6, WI#2 +.4, WI#3 -1.4, WI#3 1/2 (per coach request due to water retention problems) -9.4, WI#4 -3.4, WI#5 +.2 (tom), WI#6 -3.2, WI#7 -.2, WI#8 -5.4 (first WI since starting Alternative Phase 1 Plan), WI#9 -5.2, WI#10 -2.2, WI#11 -5, WI#12 -6, WI#13 -3.4, WI#14 -.2
Lorilou is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/18/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 177 01-19-2012 07:09 AM
IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/11/12 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 148 01-12-2012 10:31 AM
IP Daily Chat Wednesday, 26 January 2011 showgirlaz Ideal Protein Diet 114 01-28-2011 12:07 AM
IP Daily Chat - Wednesday 8/25/2010 I'm svelting! Ideal Protein Diet 81 08-26-2010 05:53 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2