Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 207/179/165

Height: 5'9"

You move to phase 2 when 80% of your goal weight is achieved or 90%? I'm thinking probably 90% is better yes?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 207/179/165

Height: 5'9"

Into week 3 of OP. Lost 8.2 at WI#2 but haven't lost any inches. I'm concerned that I'm losing muscle weight and not fat.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 185/163/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I recently gave up my "carmelized" veggies and boy did my weight loss show it! I didn't realize I was carmelizing my turnips when I would bake them so much they would turn brown...I just thought they were burnt (and I didn't mind that 'cause they were crunchy)...well...I was wrong...and I miss them, but the sugars were coming out of themand stalling my weight loss...I went from averaging 2.2 pounds per week to an average of 3.5!!! Woo hoo!!! Sticking to this plan can get hard at times...especially when you think you're doing it right!!! Can't wait to see what my weigh in tomorrow brings...
OMG, I too "carmelized" my veggies in the third week when I was trying new recipes.... Now I know. After a 5 lb loss in week one and two, then nothing the third week i chose to revert back to the very basics this week so I'm hoping for a loss. So thankfull for this forum as I too thought I was sticking to the plan and doing it right. Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:18 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
mtnsun4,
You can do this! Keep on plugging along! I am an emotional eater as well, so I feel your struggle! I have faith you can get thru this! Be strong!
Blessings!
Thank you!!

Happy news! The judge ruled in our favor to change my daughter's last name.....we are all so happy, including my daughter!

I am proud of myself as well! Stayed OP despite the emotional day. I stuck to my plan and did not even come close to being tempted.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #185  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Sharing per request. This is how I made mine, you can change it anyway you like. I'm kind of boring when it comes to food. I like quick and easy.

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
1 8oz frozen crab
2 large portabello mushrooms
Seasoning of choice
EVOO or spray butter
Warm the crab in the microwave with some EVOO or spray butter or you can warm it over the stove with your daily oil allowance. I try to shred it while I'm cooking. it makes it easier to suff into the mushroom. Season to taste with your favorite seasonings.

I place the salt the mushrooms and then place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Then I remove them and dig out the brown stuff (it just gross' me out, but you can choose to eat it).

Then I stuff the mushroom with the crab and bake in the over another 5-10 minutes.

I don't include other veggies because the two big mushrooms are sufficient.

Thanks for posting this! YUM! Sounds really good!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #186  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
I feel for you. I had my daughters last name changed when she was almost 4. We had no problems with it. Her bio father is a turd and was in prison at the time. I think the judge seen what a loving family she now has and was more than happy to do it. Hope it all works out great for you. It sounds like you have a plan in place for your food so that is the biggest hurdle right there. Just take it one minute at a time and remember you are SO worth it
Thank you so much! Yes, it was worth it and I AM worth it! That is why I stuck to my guns and didn't cheat.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post

OK OK OK....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!......i may have stayed the same last week but this week I loss 6lbs!!!!!....I am super excited I also loss 5 inches this week. So I am short 2 days to making 9 months on the Ideal Protein Program and have loss 124lbs and 82 inches over all (hips, breast, thorax, waist, arm and thigh). I have gone from a size 36 pants to a loose size 24, Bra a VERY FULL 54DD to a 42C, and shirts from a tight 5x to a 2x almost in an XL. This has been the best 9 months in my life. I have 13lbs left to go to reach my original goal of 250lbs, once I hit that I will continue to my next and final goal of 200lbs!!.....I want to be there by my one year anniversary of being on Ideal Protein.

THIS just goes to show you that IF you stick to it THE POUNDS WILL COME OFF!!!!!...I did NOTHING different from last week, I drank my MIO, used Splenda, did the SAME exact thing as the week before. Your body goes through changes EVERY WEEK...THIS is why you have small or no losses at all!

Excellent job! SOOOOOO inspiring!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #188  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Finely a day off! So much to do,I don't need exercise outside,cause doing IT all is enough! Have had a great OP day and hope everyone is doing well..........
Old 01-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 191.4/141.2/130

Height: 5'4

Default Onions?

I've read a couple of time about not being able to use cooked onions. Is that true for all types of onions? White, red, green? I usually start a lot of my meat dishes with sauteeing onions and garlic is that bad?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #190  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieonIP View Post
Hey all

Well tomorrow is the big day!!! Day 1 of the IP, Most excited!! My breakfast is out on the bench, cuppacino shake and a shot of nesspresso, lunch is packed - 1 packet, bag of lettuce, 4 celery sticks and 4 medium sized broccilli heads, snack at work will
Be a strawberry pudding, I have those bars but have decided to wait until week 4 before tucking into the restricted foods, also packed my vitamins, a little grape seed oil and sea salt!!!! Good bye 60 pounds forever!!!!

I quick question, it's was never answered in the newbie thread, Advil and tylenol is that allowed?

Cheers/S....
either one is good, I use both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonis View Post
You move to phase 2 when 80% of your goal weight is achieved or 90%? I'm thinking probably 90% is better yes?
When you are 90% is when you go to Phase 2
Old 01-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgirl83 View Post
I've read a couple of time about not being able to use cooked onions. Is that true for all types of onions? White, red, green? I usually start a lot of my meat dishes with sauteeing onions and garlic is that bad?
The garlic is okay, but onions release their natural sugars when heated which is why we have to avoid cooked onions.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 244/231.2/135

Height: 5'5

Hello Ipeeps! I am behind in my reading, it's been a busy week so far. I did have my weigh in Tuesday. I lost 2.6 lbs....but more importantly I lost 12 inches...6 from waist!!!! That is Inches lost Since starting...total...but that was only 4 weeks ago!!!!!! I cringe at the months ( no years) I spent on ww making little progress...just a hamster in a wheel. I am so glad I found IP!

Congrats to everyone on their losses and NSV's! Keep on keepin' on!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 191.4/141.2/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
The garlic is okay, but onions release their natural sugars when heated which is why we have to avoid cooked onions.
Thanks NavyMommy, now Im totally bummed I've been using onions this week Live and learn hopefully I didn't mess it all up.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
Hi everyone! I hope everyone has had a successful week so far! Its week four for me. Time is flying by... I did however find myself becoming a little lazy with making sure I was eating everything appropriately. This usually happens once I've lost a little bit of weight I get complacent and my ego gets boosted and i think, i'm good. I have to keep myself focused and determined to keep going. i haven't cheated I just got off my schedule for eating and stuff.

Question, do we have to have a snack in between meals? like I am finding it difficult, because after I have my shake for breakfast i'm not hungry again til lunch and when i have lunch i'm not hungry again until dinner. I was having some pickles in between lunch and dinner or splitting my veggies. So, i'm wondering is it required to have the snacks or can we just do the three meals and lettuce throughout the day?
I always have my snack 15 minutes before I go to bed.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoxiekat View Post
Lurker in....

This is Round #2 for me on IP (was on 12wks last year, down 43lbs, then SURPRISE! BABY ON THE WAY!!! (and this was #3...I do know how those things happen ) She was born in November). I started again 12/31/11.

Anywho, Round #1 I was always on 3 packets a day. Started Round #2 with 3 packets a day for the first two weeks, but my lean muscle mass was falling more than my coach was comfortable with. So she told me to add a 4th packet. My lean muscle mass has been holding steady since then.

Moral of the story is that for me, I apparently need the extra protein. Adding 100 cal and 15-17 g of protein to my day is no biggie in my opinion. And I can see adding the 4th packet for those of us on the higher end of starting weights.

P.S. Gotta give a shout out to all of the SD IPeeps on here!!!
WOW I admire you for starting IP again right away. Ya they say this program can make you a fertile mertyl. Congrats on your daughter
Closed Thread