Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #46  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Way to go! What a great NSV. I'm the same way. I can be in a restaurant where everyone at my table is eating things I can't, and I don't want it. Keep up the good work!
Thanks!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #47  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Sewingmom,
Just read your post about Sunday, are onions bad? I hope not cause I have had them everyday on my lettuce! Opps?!!!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Sewingmom,
Just read your post about Sunday, are onions bad? I hope not cause I have had them everyday on my lettuce! Opps?!!!
You can have raw onions but not cooked - cooking brings out the natural sugars.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps:

I would like to thank all of you for the congratulations, job well dones and like the new pictures that was given to me yesterday. I was not able to get back on much after I posted yesterday morning due to work load and when I go home my computer had a worm so I was not able to log on then either.

Congratulations to those who had losses yesterday to those who stayed on OP. For those who are a little concerned for "only" losing a small amount....it is going to happen, you are not going to have a big loss every week. You may have small losses for awhile and then one day the WHOOSH Fairy will hit and give you a good loss. And some people lose at a slower rate than others. Do not get discouraged, not matter how small a loss is, it is still a loss and a victory. At least it did not go up. This plan does work as long as you follow it to the T and don't cheat. The foods and drinks are always going to be here. They will never go away and we are always going to be tempted, but as long as your heart and mind are set on losing weight then you can do it. But you have to be honest with yourself. Eating this strict is only temporary, once you meet goal and coninue on to the last phase, you can have your foods and drinks again in moderation. This is not a paln that is saying that this is the way that you have to eat for the rest of your life, not a plan that is saying that you are never ever going to beable to have this or that again. It is a plan that is saying that you are teaching yourself how to eat properly and better and learn to eat in moderation. I have had friends try to tempt me into eating this or that, because a little will not hurt anything, but it will. Just thinking about having to go thru the first 3 days again....NO THANK YOU. It will be there when I am finished and I will join you then

Sorry about the rambling....I'll stop now.

Good Luck with those who have weigh in's today. Have a great day everyone.

I like the way your put that ...but I would sure love the WHOOSH fairy to come see me this week!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #50  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

I just caught up on the past few days of posts and I'm so happy to see everyone's success! I had WI#7 yesterday, and was down another 3lbs, which seems to be my average. I have a goal of reaching 30lbs by Valentine's Day, so hopefully I will come close to that.
I've been playing around with recipes, and brought a few in to my Dr. yesterday--she was thrilled and made copies for everyone. She told me that so many people are missing having a sandwich! I am so happy that I can have one now, too
I am going to try making the bread out of the chicken soup this week. My next idea is to figure out some macaroni and cheese substitute, as I am really missing that. I thought about making the "pasta" out of the plain crepe mix, an egg white and some water, but I don't really know if it will work. Since I'm never going to use it anyway, it can't hurt to try. I will let you know if I am successful. I am so excited that my WF marinara is coming today! It really helps me to get my tomato fix!
I got the green light for exercise, so I can dust off the elliptical and give it a go for 10-15 min. I think that will really help me feel toned up and not cause me to need another packet.
So, good luck to all of you and stay strong!
HHHmmmm- I wonder...if you use the crepe mix and a spetzle maker and boil them. At least you may get baby spetzles. Not pasta but somebody might enjoy those if they figure it out. At least those are the kind of spetzle/dumplings we used to enjoy.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #51  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone,

I just caught up on the past few days of posts and I'm so happy to see everyone's success! I had WI#7 yesterday, and was down another 3lbs, which seems to be my average. I have a goal of reaching 30lbs by Valentine's Day, so hopefully I will come close to that.
I've been playing around with recipes, and brought a few in to my Dr. yesterday--she was thrilled and made copies for everyone. She told me that so many people are missing having a sandwich! I am so happy that I can have one now, too
I am going to try making the bread out of the chicken soup this week. My next idea is to figure out some macaroni and cheese substitute, as I am really missing that. I thought about making the "pasta" out of the plain crepe mix, an egg white and some water, but I don't really know if it will work. Since I'm never going to use it anyway, it can't hurt to try. I will let you know if I am successful. I am so excited that my WF marinara is coming today! It really helps me to get my tomato fix!
I got the green light for exercise, so I can dust off the elliptical and give it a go for 10-15 min. I think that will really help me feel toned up and not cause me to need another packet.
So, good luck to all of you and stay strong!
I finally made your broccolli cheese soup sandwhich with turkey yesterday for lunch. It was delicious!! Thank you, thank you!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 231.6/ticker/150

Height: 5"5

Just wanted to tell you guys how helpful that forum is to me. When it gets tough, I read the forum, and get through it! I am not a good poster, most of the time i don't have much to say... But thank you all for being here, sharing your thoughts and carrying me through.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

OOOOh yay tomorrow my acct will be 20 days old and I can get a ticker!!!! Super excited about that (its the little things)
Old 01-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 209/209/170

I had my second weigh in last night, down 2.6 lbs and 1.75 inches! I feel like I am in the race with the tortoise and the hare. So many people want to be that hare, racing to get to the end of their weight loss and trying short cuts or not sticking to plan. I'm that tortoise, every week I don't gain is a win. If I keep up the hard work and steady pace I will come out the winner in the end! And I can't wait to finish this race!

I have one question, has anyone tried to freeze the muffins/cookies that they make from the packets? My coach is leaving for holidays today and I was her last client last night so there wasn't too much selection. I thought for some variety in my meals this weekend I would try some of the recipes but was wondering if they could be frozen so I could make a few servings in advance.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #55  
Started IP Jan 6, 2012

S/C/G: 159/134/125

Height: 5'5''

Smile Thanks

Thanks duckmy and lorilou for your reply.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #56  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsun4 View Post
Good morning all! We have a very challenging morning. I need some good thoughts this morning.
Good Luck! Hope everything works in your favour. Family is the biggest and best thing now and always. A cyber hug from me to you!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #57  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
HHHmmmm- I wonder...if you use the crepe mix and a spetzle maker and boil them. At least you may get baby spetzles. Not pasta but somebody might enjoy those if they figure it out. At least those are the kind of spetzle/dumplings we used to enjoy.
Good idea! I was thinking about that or maybe trying to make some sort of gnocchi out of it--I don't know if I could boil it, but maybe steam it? Then bake with a sauce (or soup). I'm dying to figure it out

I'm glad you liked the sandwich! It's a great grab and go option as well.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #58  
IP start date 1/3/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondonalandmine View Post
Hmm, I'd like to join in on this if i could!?
Join in. Feel welcome.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #59  
IP start date 1/3/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Yesterday caadiancandy mentioned donairs

Somewhere on the recipe threads is a recipe for donairs salad or wraps...be creative! You can modify almost anything to make it ip compliant!

Hmmm, I am going to make donairs tonight!
What is a donair?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #60  
IP start date 1/3/2012

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone,

I just caught up on the past few days of posts and I'm so happy to see everyone's success! I had WI#7 yesterday, and was down another 3lbs.
Congratulations on the WI! And...how did you make the bread for that sandwich? (I might have missed it if you shared it earlier. Haven't had much time on 'the chat' the last couple of days.) Thanks
Closed Thread