Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimup2day View Post
As a non seafood lover, but trying to find a fish that's not fishy tasting, I would love to know if this Talapia is good choice to start with? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming it's best to buy fresh and not frozen, is this correct?

Thanks a bunch!
I don't like fishy fishy either, but talapia and mahi mahi are tasty. Like Wuv, I buy frozen - no pressure to cook it right away. There are some frozen brands that you can cook in the microwave in about 4 minutes - similar to the steamer bags of frozen veggies. However, you MUST READ LABELS. Many packages have ingredients that are not allowed on plan. I would tell you the brands but we had fish the last 2 nights and are now out. You want a package where the ingredient list says: Ingredients: fish - plus some OP seasoning.

Actually I wasn't too keen on trying ocean perch, but DH wanted some so we cooked it for dinner last night. I tried to have an open mind, but have to confess that I ate the 2 fillets in about 8 bites. If I didn't somehow always end up getting pieces with bones, I likely would have eaten the fish in less than 4 bites. I didn't care for it, but I finished dinner and moved on. You might just surprise yourself - try a few types. Many steamer packages only have 2 servings so you aren't risking too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!....YOU my friend have a PLAN and are PREPARED for your function. You will over come this with FLYING colors...You will be SO PROUD of yourself for doing so. You are right...its about MEMORIES being made of course you would like to sample some of the food because I am sure there will be some extravagant food from the sound of the price tag of the wedding BUT you have never tired it ( I am assuming ) so you aren't missing much in my book
Honestly, sometimes fancy food isn't very tasty plus I don't like seeing people fret over what utensil to use during a formal dinner. Shared meals shouldn't be so pressure filled. Who cares if you use the dessert spoon to eat soup, I don't - the smaller spoon just makes your soup last longer.

Weird thing about this wedding is I do know what is being served during dessert (besides wedding cake) and many would think I am nutty for passing it up this part of the experience, but I will indeed pass.

I have had a vision that while dessert is being served I pull out my caramel nut bar and people keep asking me what table I found that on. I hope I don't say something like "back off buddy, this bar in mine!" too loudly. I don't want to get that look from Mom.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #107  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Having an excellent week! 100 percent OP - not even struggling
This is my 4th week the second time around, and I feel like I can really stay committed to the end this time.
Last time, about a year ago I was on IP and my mind wasn't really in the right place. I was looking for every excuse to cheat "just a little" and totally wasted the eight weeks I should have been OP.
This time I am staying focused and 100 percent OP - reading all your posts and getting encouragement from you guys makes this so much more achievable.
I figure that I will need to be in phase 1 until about September to reach my
goal. Reading your posts and incorporating all the good advice will make the time just fly by, I'm convinced.
Thank you especially to Wuv - you are truly inspiring!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancandy View Post
Only thing that sucks is my armpit muscles hurt, i didn't even know there were muscles in there hahaha
Good thing I swallowed my ice tea before reading the end of your post. Ice tea and laptop do not mix. Hope you make many more discoveries about your muscles & yourself!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #109  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Good thing I swallowed my ice tea before reading the end of your post. Ice tea and laptop do not mix. Hope you make many more discoveries about your muscles & yourself!
Before i report on my next session (tomorrow) i will begin my post with a disclaimer about liquids and computers hehe .... Thank you for the well wishes and i wish you success as well !
Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #110  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo1963 View Post
Holy exclamation points! I feel like I have been yelled at. I know pasta is a no-no. Sorry for the heart attack.
I am sorry if you felt yelled at, when you asked about spaghetti, I am thinking Tomato sauce (no no) and pasta another no no. That was my point. IP does have a spaghetti packet that is allowed twice a week.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #111  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post
Having an excellent week! 100 percent OP - not even struggling
This is my 4th week the second time around, and I feel like I can really stay committed to the end this time.
Last time, about a year ago I was on IP and my mind wasn't really in the right place. I was looking for every excuse to cheat "just a little" and totally wasted the eight weeks I should have been OP.
This time I am staying focused and 100 percent OP - reading all your posts and getting encouragement from you guys makes this so much more achievable.
I figure that I will need to be in phase 1 until about September to reach my
goal. Reading your posts and incorporating all the good advice will make the time just fly by, I'm convinced.
Thank you especially to Wuv - you are truly inspiring!
You and I are on very similar journeys! I could have typed your post WORD FOR WORD!! I'm in this round 2, fell off the wagon about a year ago at Christmas....this time just "feels" different - I'm actually dealing with my feelings rather than stuffing them with food. I feel in control for once in my life. So glad to meet you!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #112  

Hi I am new to the site and I am starting my plan tomorrow. So I have no special plans for today, but I will check back tomorrow and be sure to post!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #113  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthegram View Post
Hi I am new to the site and I am starting my plan tomorrow. So I have no special plans for today, but I will check back tomorrow and be sure to post!
Welcome to the journey of a lifetime!!...remember the next few days will be detoxing so your body will go through withdrawals from sugars and carbs so be prepared for a headache in which case put 1/4 tsp of sea salt in the palm of your hand and lick it off, within 15-20 mins it will be gone
Old 01-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #114  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
You and I are on very similar journeys! I could have typed your post WORD FOR WORD!! I'm in this round 2, fell off the wagon about a year ago at Christmas....this time just "feels" different - I'm actually dealing with my feelings rather than stuffing them with food. I feel in control for once in my life. So glad to meet you!
Isn't it great not to be alone in this? Thank you for sharing your round 2 story. Now there's at least 2 of us second-timers, how exciting! So very glad to meet you, too.

Let's stay strong and support each other! "Eating away" your problems doesn't solve anything, I couldn't agree more! I feel like I may have needed that first round of "failing" to come to my senses and just do what needs to be done this time around.

I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to being weighed on Thursday.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #115  
Started IP January 9,2012

S/C/G: 169/165/145

Height: 5'7

Default Looking for some encouragement

Hi,

I am on week 3 (this is day 2 of week 3) I had my weigh in yesterday and was so discouraged to see that I only lost a pound All the nos I said to my boyfriends pizza, beer, salsa, chips and wine I thought might have been worth at least 3 pounds.
Starting weight 169
Week 2 weight 166
Week 3 weight 165
Lost an inch on my thigh this week (thank goodness)
1/2 in chest
everything else stayed the same.

Wondering if this low weight loss is normal, has anyone else had this experience??
Many thanks
I love this website
Old 01-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 207/179/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear1201 View Post
Hi,

I am on week 3 (this is day 2 of week 3) I had my weigh in yesterday and was so discouraged to see that I only lost a pound All the nos I said to my boyfriends pizza, beer, salsa, chips and wine I thought might have been worth at least 3 pounds.
Starting weight 169
Week 2 weight 166
Week 3 weight 165
Lost an inch on my thigh this week (thank goodness)
1/2 in chest
everything else stayed the same.

Wondering if this low weight loss is normal, has anyone else had this experience??
Many thanks
I love this website
You need to look at it differently...Why would you be discouraged to lose a pound? Imagine a pound of butter. That is what came off you. Take a deep breath and keep your eye on the prize. The pizza, beer, etc will always be there. You will get to eat them again but for now on this journey, you're taking a break from them. Just think when we all are eating healthier these foods will be "once and a whiles" which is what they should always have been.
By the way, I am also in week 3. I have lost weight but not inches. Everyone is different. Don't be discouraged, the weight will come off. I can't speak for you but in the mean time I am learning patience, healthy choices, and to not eat my feelings. Keep on keepin' on.

Last edited by Jonis; 01-24-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #117  

I cam across this tonight while looking for motivational things to do so I thought I would share it with everyone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poundstolose.jpg (33.9 KB, 36 views)
Old 01-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimup2day View Post
As a non seafood lover, but trying to find a fish that's not fishy tasting, I would love to know if this Talapia is good choice to start with? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm assuming it's best to buy fresh and not frozen, is this correct?

Thanks a bunch!
Tilapia is a great starter fish: it's soft, white and somewhat buttery. I love to sauté some garlic and diced red pepper, add some herbs de Provence and capers, and then set cup up pieces of tilapia on top. Braise for a few minutes on each side, Delish!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #119  

S/C/G: S 242 / C 226 / G 180

Height: 5' 10"

I'm back from my trip to Texas, and I am pretty proud of myself!

I was not able to stick completely to the plan, BUT I did really well in choosing my off program foods. According to my scale I didn't loose anymore weight - but didn't gain any either. So I am happy with that - and I didn't feel deprived while on vacation. So - yeah for me!

Now, tomorrow, back to program to loose more!

Patti
Old 01-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #120  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
You can also Pan fry it in olive oil with seasoning, comes out really good and you can cook it until its a little crunchy...its yummy!
I got talapia for the first time today too. the fish monger said to drizzle it in olive oil (infused with garlic or rosemary is great too), a little salt and pepper and throw it on the grill. He was right it was fabulous! Another 'new' something since starting this lifestyle.
Closed Thread