Old 01-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I sure hope we can all come to an agreement so this thread will continue to exist. It sure would be nice to come to a place with others who are like minded in how they do IP each day. I don't mean like minded in having Splenda or not, but rather knowing that having a slice of pizza is just not an option for us.
I would like to have a place to go to where i know i won't have to worry about several people talking about their cheating and will find dedicated people like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I did the program for about 5 months or more before I cheated. I phased off for vacation right before Christmas and it's been a struggle getting back on plan. I have about 20 more pounds I'd like to lose and it's coming off, but I doubt I'm in ketosis. The one thing I will say is that my cheats are different than they would be had I not been on IP. I cheat with string cheese or a handful of peanuts. I know a cheat is a cheat but in my book, if it's not cookies and bags of chips or ice cream or something, I'm learning something. And one little thing is all I need. Not the whole container of peanuts.
Lynsey, I'll just repeat what you just said...a cheat is a cheat and you can't justify a cheat being better than another cheat. You did great the first time around, you know what you need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Actually I found it to be a thread that 100% OP people could stick together not a "one cheat and your out" thread. It's become a defensive back and forth and is therefore full of tension. If we were all in a room I bet a knife could cut the tension
That's all i've been wanting for weeks now...finding a place where we can talk about our struggles on being 100% OP without being drained by the many posts of cheaters.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #62  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I would like to have a place to go to where i know i won't have to worry about several people talking about their cheating and will find dedicated people like me.

Lynsey, I'll just repeat what you just said...a cheat is a cheat and you can't justify a cheat being better than another cheat. You did great the first time around, you know what you need to do.

That's all i've been wanting for weeks now...finding a place where we can talk about our struggles on being 100% OP without being drained by the many posts of cheaters.
You can some over to Wayward and Wuv's thread....its a nice place to call home
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy7 View Post
Hi! My Ideal protein coach-will NOT stand for ANY cheating! There's people on here talking about having an OP or on plan day-well...all my days are on plan or my coach will let me GO(I suppose she'd have to catch me first-but I'm no good at lying)

So-I want to know WHO IS WITH ME???? Who gets NO cheats, NO diet pop, NO crystal light, NO extra IP meals, NO cheats??????

Will you stand with me for no cheating??? I need someone to suffer with!

let's see how much better we do than those that do indulge!

Ashley
I didn't mean to cause tension but very often it is said that a cheat means you are gone. We are human and life happens, a stumble can be corrected. Actually following the protocol sheets and eating healthily is not suffering at all. many people say they are amazed at the amount of energy they have.

Last edited by patns; 01-24-2012 at 11:50 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #64  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Are you sure you are not reading in the maintenance thread? That is the only place I read about "cheat" days which is actually not a very good name for a necessary part of the program.
I will call it my "free day" when I finally get to maintenance. Much more pleasant sounding, don't you think?
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #65  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

We all struggle but there are those of us that have been following following following and there is only so much support we can give. We too need support, just because we're 100% doesn't mean we have it in the bag.

...just saying...
Nice.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Interesting thread!

I've been OP except for a 24 hour fall off the wagon Christmas Eve and Christmas - I was "planning" on just having a glass of red wine but it devolved into a foodfest. Between that and getting my period the next day I learned my lesson - no cheats...not worth the hassle of getting back on and it only prolonged this journey another week (or two).

My coach has been pretty strict - no egg whites allowed/no baking soda so no pudding cakes etc. But I'm sticking with it because I know in the long run it's teaching ME to be in control of what to put in my mouth rather than letting the cravings take over.

Anyway you all have been and continue to be inspirational and I thank you much for being the great role models you are!
TracyAWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #67  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

I am not into cheating. Never did! IMHO-There's no point in cheating! When I do get into phase 4-I too will call it my FREE day!
Junetwin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Inhale - Exhale - Deep Breath!!!! I didn't finish reading all posts - WAY too exhausting!!!!

Maybe someone already mentioned it, but is someone interested in starting this thread over again? Either the same name or "100% OP" ? I think everyone agrees, it was a fantastic thread, as we all get discouraged and frustrated with those who really cheat and wonder why the program is so hard or wonder why they aren't losing and then it's so hard to 'get back on track'. Thanks to Wuv & Ishbel (and other non-cheaters) I too have been 100% OP and have the results to back it up! I couldn't be happier. Also, I was considering the possibility of having a drink or two this Friday night... thanks to your support (and a nurse friend of mine), I've already made the decision that I WILL NOT be having even 1 drink - that would be a CHEAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
It makes me sad to think that you would feel like you do not have support on this forum simply because someone else cheated. If it is important to you to have a thread where no one has ever cheated then maybe there is room for that here. But I have to agree with meant2be about the "bad taste in the mouth." It feels kind of like an Us vs Them thing, which in my mind, means that someone is being judged. As a result, THOSE folks are not being supported.

I would feel the same way (unsupported) about a coach who would drop me like a hot potato if I had a slip up. I certainly would hope someone would try to HELP me before tossing me aside. And, as for a clinic being closed because they refused to "fire" a client??? Well, I would be interested in some documentation.
I just think this thread started off VERY poorly with the way 'no cheat' was layed out! Maybe I over reacted too, but it seemed pretty harsh and actually made me pretty upset due to the fact that I've had such amazing success and have made such a conscious effort NOT to cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
WOW.....I guess you are right!!!...hahaha....guess I didn't realize how long I really have been on the program, its crazy!!!....This thread is kinda the same kinda thread I opened up with this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-100-plan.html I felt that everyone was cheating and we had a lot of newbies started and I wanted them to see that IF you stick to plan 100% the weight will come off.

I too get VERY frustrated that we are seeing so much cheating going on, only after a few weeks or days on program. I don't say anything negative I just post something positive or say nothing at all because I don't want to offend anyone. YOU have to make the decision to do it for YOU, NO ONE can DO IT FOR YOU...THAT is what everyone has to realize
Wuv, you always know just how to say it. I agree with all of this 100%!

Is it possible to start this over again? Ishbel... you want to take the lead on this one? I love your thery of a place called "home"!
meant2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2b View Post
Is it possible to start this over again? Ishbel... you want to take the lead on this one? I love your thery of a place called "home"!
Sure I can start another one, but I can't pm legacy7 to see if SHE's ok with that. So if you're reading this let me know?

OR legacy7 could start a new thread. Either way we can do away with this one (you'd have to close it) and we can start on a more positive note.

Name Options: (lol)

Home of the 100%
100% OP - Official thread
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2b View Post
Inhale - Exhale - Deep Breath!!!! I didn't finish reading all posts - WAY too exhausting!!!!

Maybe someone already mentioned it, but is someone interested in starting this thread over again? Either the same name or "100% OP" ? I think everyone agrees, it was a fantastic thread, as we all get discouraged and frustrated with those who really cheat and wonder why the program is so hard or wonder why they aren't losing and then it's so hard to 'get back on track'. Thanks to Wuv & Ishbel (and other non-cheaters) I too have been 100% OP and have the results to back it up! I couldn't be happier. Also, I was considering the possibility of having a drink or two this Friday night... thanks to your support (and a nurse friend of mine), I've already made the decision that I WILL NOT be having even 1 drink - that would be a CHEAT!

I just think this thread started off VERY poorly with the way 'no cheat' was layed out! Maybe I over reacted too, but it seemed pretty harsh and actually made me pretty upset due to the fact that I've had such amazing success and have made such a conscious effort NOT to cheat.
Totally agree, what a great idea. I think the OP just put a bad taste in my mouth with all the talk of suffering and all that. 100% OP doesn't have to be bad, I promise!! A fresh start would be great!!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I just checked and the OP hasn't been on since the day she posted this (2 days ago). Not sure if she's coming back to check in or not, but does someone else want to start the new thread, or I am happy to do it.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Name Options: (lol)

Home of the 100%
I like this idea Either way it would be nice for those who are 100% committed mind, body and soul to have a "safe place" where there is no talk of falling off the wagon. We all know some coaches approve and disapprove extra eggs, egg whites, splenda, Mio, baking soda, crystal light... BUT we all have the one thing in common and that is we all know that junk food and a lot of normally healthy food (fruit, non allowed veggies, too much milk, grains...) are NOT allowed on the plan (unless you are on the IP alternative plan for diabetics and those that are put specifically on it by their coach.) I think this we all can agree on. I also think that a thread called "I cheated and need support to get back OP" or something like that would be a great idea for those who did have a fall off and need encouragement to get back on plan. .

Sorry if I have stepped on any toes. I think everyone should be supportive and put themselves in the others shoes but there should also be a safe place for those who want to have the influence of 100% OP people in their lives.
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #73  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:

Home of the 100%
I like it, and this thread definitely needs to be started again.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Agreed with the idea of the new thread, a problem is most of the things listed in the first thread as cheats are actually postive parts of the program for many people such as the egg whites.
Just the idea of everyone blindly following one person's coach was upsetting as we can all tell from this board there is a very wide variety in coach's understanding.
On a positive note there seems to be far less posts about coaches cutting out things that are actually on the protocol sheets so it seems that over the course of a year just about every coach does have access to up to date information.
Pat

Last edited by patns; 01-25-2012 at 10:52 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #75  
Giniwarrior

S/C/G: 238/178/155

Height: 5'5"

It was interesting following this thread. People get pretty upset. One way to look at this is remembering we are foodaholics. Just like alcoholics some times people, "Fall of the wagon." You dont condone it but support them to get back on track. I have lost 60lbs and have been 100% OP. But, I do understand. Also, if it had been 10yrs ago I probably would have struggled too. I say, good for you for trying to change your lives! Even if you have fits and starts. I do notice that some coaches are stricter than others but ultimately you are your own coach. Regardless of what they say just follow the program guidelines. As to what is allowed and what isn't. At the bottom of the outline they give you the first day it says if its 0/0/0 its allowed. Like MIO and crystal lite with splenda and Torani's sugar free syrup. The only person that can stand in your way is you. Be kind and understanding. Everyone needs support. And unless you have walked in the other persons shoes you dont know what drives them. If you want the best results stay on program. And for those 100% OP it is an admirable undertaking. Congrats!! So, relax:-)
Giniwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote