Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 03:20 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Saturday 1/21-Sunday 1/22

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks for starting the weekend chat Lisa.

I've been catching up on posts for the week. The site has been so busy, (which is awesome) it takes a while to get up to date with everyone.

Great WI and NSVs!

Thanks all for the great recipe ideas; especially ones for additional ways to prepare veggies.

I'm enjoying maintenance, but keeping myself pretty close to P2/P3 most days. So busy at work; even if I packed a lean protein to heat up, I don't seem to be able to get away, so a RTD shake has been my go to and fits nicely in my laptop case. I guess I'll stick with whatever is easy until the pace slows down a bit. One observation about P4 is that I was so excited that I could have snacks; in my mind that meant more snacks than my usual bedtime snack. Anyway, I'm finding that I'm full all day and don't really want or need one. In awe of how much this program has changed my lifestyle.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #3  
Started IP 12/30/2011

S/C/G: 207.6/194.5/145

Height: 5'6

Week 3 barely on program had 2 chamber banquets. Ate dessert both nights, couldn't resist the pecan pie and the cheesecake. Stayed away from the bread and potatoes. I didn't even go to my WI yesterday cause I haven't been OP most of the week. So, I'm thinking this morning maybe I should do the IP alternative products. Not sure where I'm missing the mark, I know any program has to be about reprogramming the mind. Wondering if I'm really rdy to do that. My actions are not reflecting that readiness. Am I subconsciously sabotaging myself? Program cost too much not 2b serious about it. Sorry for the random thoughts.....Can u tell I'm confused LOL

Last edited by 1FineChick; 01-21-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

WI#1 this morning - not excited about driving thru the severe weather we are having to get there (possible hail and tornadoes as well as the thunderstorms), but excited for the first time in years about getting on a scale. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Now to find my lightest underwear...
Old 01-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #5  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FineChick View Post
Week 3 barely on program had 2 chamber banquets. Ate dessert both nights, couldn't resist the pecan pie and the cheesecake. Stayed away from the bread and potatoes. I didn't even go to my WI yesterday cause I haven't been OP most of the week. So, I'm thinking this morning maybe I should do the IP alternative products. Not sure where I'm missing the mark, I know any program has to be about reprogramming the mind. Wondering if I'm really rdy to do that. My actions are not reflecting that readiness. Am I subconsciously sabotaging myself? Program cost too much not 2b serious about it. Sorry for the random thoughts.....Can u tell I'm confused LOL
Do not beat yourself up. It sounds like you are not ready. Do not think you are subconsciously sabotaging, I think you are consciously doing it. Try ONE day, one hour at a time. Like an addict you have to want it more and be ready minute by minute to say that to yourself.

Today is another day! Good luck!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Good morning! It's my 3rd week on IP and I know I shouldn't check my weight everyday but I just get so excited...anyway I have a question for you more experienced "losers" Has anyone seen the use of Mio or drinking flavored Propel water slow down their weight loss? My coach said to be careful with sweet flavorings because they can trick your body into thinking it is getting sugar and mess up your ketosis? I have not lost a single pound since Wednesday and the only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm using too much Mio? Thoughts...
Old 01-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #7  
Started IP 12/30/2011

S/C/G: 207.6/194.5/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmg1989 View Post
Do not beat yourself up. It sounds like you are not ready. Do not think you are subconsciously sabotaging, I think you are consciously doing it. Try ONE day, one hour at a time. Like an addict you have to want it more and be ready minute by minute to say that to yourself.

Today is another day! Good luck!
I like what u said I have to want it more. Minute by minute be rdy to say it. Well at this minute and on this day I WANT IT MORE! One day at a time. I'm gonna do this.

What I've learned this week is change is not easy but it's necessary for my health and well being.

Last edited by 1FineChick; 01-21-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Good morning! It's my 3rd week on IP and I know I shouldn't check my weight everyday but I just get so excited...anyway I have a question for you more experienced "losers" Has anyone seen the use of Mio or drinking flavored Propel water slow down their weight loss? My coach said to be careful with sweet flavorings because they can trick your body into thinking it is getting sugar and mess up your ketosis? I have not lost a single pound since Wednesday and the only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm using too much Mio? Thoughts...
I haven't experienced that with Mio or the SF flavorings BUT I do think every person's body can react differently. I was eating super lean protein every night (0 fat chicken breast) but it wasn't until I switched to turkey burgers that had 20g fat in an 8oz raw serving that the weight started to melt off - go figure. I'd try eliminating it for a week and seeing what happens - could it be TOM? I never lose weight then....good luck!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 226/206/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning! I am trying the soy patty today for the first time. Does anyone have good ideas on how to best prepare it? I hope you all have a great OP day!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #10  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles1330 View Post
WI#1 this morning - not excited about driving thru the severe weather we are having to get there (possible hail and tornadoes as well as the thunderstorms), but excited for the first time in years about getting on a scale. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Chuckles,
That is funny about the underwear! I am sure you will do great at your weigh in, just be careful getting there.
I have my weigh in this am as well. I tend to wear the same thing from week to week but now have to change to a different pair of jeans because the ones I had been wearing are tooooo big. That can only go in my favor with a little less fabric right?
Hope everyone has a great OP weekend and stays warm. Oh, and will soon get power back on for those that are surviving without it.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:45 AM   #11  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning IPeeps. Congrats to all the great WIs over the last day or two and good luck to all who WI today.

I am feeling a bit discouraged I am VERY sodium sensitive and retain water if I'm not careful with my sodium intake. I find that I am retaining more water than usual on this program and it makes me very uncomfortable. My hands, feet and ankles swell as well as my toes and makes it hard to walk sometimes. The scale is barely showing a weight loss since my first week. The body scan thing they do is showing body fat loss and lean muscle gain so I am hanging on to that. It's just hard not to see the scale move when I have been 100% OP. I talked to my coach and I am eliminating the sea salt (I was barely using it anyway), eliminating all soups and choosing the lowest sodium items. We will see how it goes. I don't want to stop this program because I see how successful a lot of you are and I am determined to stick it out and see if the sodium issue subsides. Sorry for the long message but I am kind of upset today.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FineChick View Post
I know for me personally I really wanted to do this more than anything. I was down right excited by the time I started. I think for me that was the key and I haven't cheated once in the four months I've been on the plan. There have been times I wanted something so badly, but getting thinner is way more fun than some piece of food can ever be. Decide if you really want this MORE than anything. I also have to say that buying the IP foods OR the alternatives will be a waste of money if you haven't made the commitment. Make the commitment to yourself to be healthy today. Get your head in the game so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
I don't have Mio all the time, but it hasn't caused me any problems. However sometimes I stop it for awhile because it makes me start to crave things again, I think because of the sweet taste. Putting a slice lemon in your water is always a good choice.

It's not unusual for the third week to be a lower weight loss week because generally people have their biggest weight losses the first two weeks. It's your bodies way of saying, "Whoa slow down." It generally then settles into normal around the 4th or 5th week. I do weigh everyday because the scale going up or down doesn't bother me, but I would recommend putting your scale away if it starts to stress you out at all if the scale doesn't move that week or goes very slow.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Good morning IPeeps. Congrats to all the great WIs over the last day or two and good luck to all who WI today.

I am feeling a bit discouraged I am VERY sodium sensitive and retain water if I'm not careful with my sodium intake. I find that I am retaining more water than usual on this program and it makes me very uncomfortable. My hands, feet and ankles swell as well as my toes and makes it hard to walk sometimes. The scale is barely showing a weight loss since my first week. The body scan thing they do is showing body fat loss and lean muscle gain so I am hanging on to that. It's just hard not to see the scale move when I have been 100% OP. I talked to my coach and I am eliminating the sea salt (I was barely using it anyway), eliminating all soups and choosing the lowest sodium items. We will see how it goes. I don't want to stop this program because I see how successful a lot of you are and I am determined to stick it out and see if the sodium issue subsides. Sorry for the long message but I am kind of upset today.
I had the exact same problem with my ankles when I started this program, but now that I've lost weight that problem seems to almost have gone away. When I was having that problem I was making sure I drank more than enough water, got rid of the sea salt (still don't use it that much), got rid of the omelets and soup mixes too. I stuck to bars, RTD and puddings. I still mostly eat those foods only. I also started drinking dandelion tea (you can buy it at health food stores or even Target sells it) which is the best to deal with water retention (I did my research on how to deal with water retention).

The most important thing is that you are loosing fat and gaining muscle. I definitely wouldn't get discouraged as you ARE loosing. The scale will catch up with you eventually. Hang in there!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #14  
Ericaceae

S/C/G: Started IP 12.12.11

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post

Lorilou, I can totally related. My weight has been on a roller coaster since I started IP. The first week I lost -10.8, second week (and TOM) I GAINED 10 lbs, third week I lost -18 lbs, 4th week gained 4 lbs, 5th week gained 1 lb, but I have steadily been losing inches and my clothes are getting bigger. My coach even called the doctor in to go over everything with me. I have been 100% OP and have made the eating suggestions my coach told me, such as not eating pork or bbq (smoked meat, not bbq with the sauce), and still it is a struggle for my body to release the water retention. The doctor said he felt it is all water and soon I will have a big whoosh of water. The other thing is that I have been in strong ketosis this whole time - I bought the Ketostix and measure every night. I am not in ketosis in the morning, like others, but that is to be expected since your liver releases glucose during the night/morning, which is why diabetics have to test their sugars in the morning. From what I have read, you should test yourself at the same time of day to see if you're in ketosis. I have been very frustrated with my lack of progress and begin researching ketosis, water weight and not losing and came across this article that made a lot of sense to me. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/at...ll-anyone.html It is specifically talking about another program, but the principle of inducting into ketosis is the same, as that is their main goal, too. This has given me hope that eventually my body will finally release all that extra water it's holding on to. One last thing, I increased my water even more this week, from 110 oz to 130-140 oz and I've lost two pounds so far this week...would love for it to be more, but I'll take what I can get. =)

Just hang in there and keep at it. I wish I was a fast loser like most on this forum, but unfortunately there have to be some people that don't lose quite as fast. I just keep telling myself to stick with it, that results will follow because how can they NOT given what we are eating caloric wise and being in ketosis? I wish you well...hang in there.

Last edited by hmt1372; 01-21-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 175.5/175.5/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckles1330 View Post

its so funny you said that about your lightest underwear. Yesterday was my second weigh in and I tried on 3 different outfits and weighed myself before going to see which one was the lightest...and then I took my bra off to see if that would make a difference LOL...I ended up wearing my scrubs...witha bra
Closed Thread