Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 198/180.1/145

Height: 5'2"

Ha! I just found out why you add water to the shaker first and not the IP drink! Besides having powder everywhere, mixing it up is a wee bit difficult!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #47  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and let yall know what just happened to me. I came with my son to change the oil in hi car where we always go. We are standing outside talkiing and the salesman that sold us the car came up to my son and ask "how is your mom doing?" My son looked at him, looked at me and said "ummm she is great" the guy said well tell her i said hi. My son looked at me and laughed then told the guy "ok i sure will"......he walked away and we busted out laughing he didnt realize it was me standing there......lol
Old 01-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #48  
Started IP 1/10/12

S/C/G: 175.2/146.6/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hey everyone, just wanted to check in and let yall know what just happened to me. I came with my son to change the oil in hi car where we always go. We are standing outside talkiing and the salesman that sold us the car came up to my son and ask "how is your mom doing?" My son looked at him, looked at me and said "ummm she is great" the guy said well tell her i said hi. My son looked at me and laughed then told the guy "ok i sure will"......he walked away and we busted out laughing he didnt realize it was me standing there......lol
If this were a Facebook status I'd be clicking "LIKE"!!!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #49  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
That is so funny! What a great NSV
Old 01-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #50  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
That is too funny!! But what a great NSV for you I'd be grinning from ear to ear the rest of the day!!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

That's great wuv! You do look different. And very happy!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #52  
started IP Nov 21, 2011

S/C/G: Goal 140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
what a great story. it must have made you feel really great. i can hardly wait to get to that place. one day at a time, right?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Well I'm feeling pretty good this afternoon I just put on a skirt I haven't worn in I don't even know how long. And it zipped, easily Plus my pedicure was amazing, made me look forward to my next weight goal so I can treat myself again. Hope everyone's having a good weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Thanks NavyMommy! I add lemon twice a day to my salad to spread the WF around. Would that do the same as putting it in warm water? I eat the herb and cheese omelet which has only150mg of sodium as compared to 440mg in the plain omelet so I'm not too worried about that. Most of the soups are horrible so I will stay away from them. I hope the water retention resolves soon as it is frustrating (well more than a little).
I don't know. I remember back in the fall there was some discussion going around about people doing it the night before a WI for better numbers, so I tried it when TOM was coming and I was miserable and it helped. I even did it when I went off plan in November and December. I hope you can get some relief! Feeling like that is miserable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLaDivaD View Post
My main issue currently is the hunger between meals - gotta shrink that tummy down! Also, I am gluten-free so my options in the IP packets are even more limited... fear of boredom is on my list as well.
I am scared of my first WI on Tuesday and that I will not lose anything and become discouraged again.
I am babbling in my first post- but it feels good to write something down!
Once you go fully into ketosis (if you started Wednesday, probably tomorrow or so) the hunger will be so much less. I hardly have any hunger between meals that a few pickle chips or cucumber slices or a cup of hot tea can't alleviate. Good for you for doing something like this for yourself!!

Quote:
That's awesome!!! What a great NSV!!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #54  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischyff View Post
I am also in week 3 and I have been struggling myself. I haven't cheated but I am finding it so difficult to stay OP. There are nights I lay awake thinking about what I am going to eat when I finish this program! However, I agree that it is too expensive not to be serious about this diet. I also believe that since I have tried every other diet out there and failed, that if I don't stick with this one, I will always be overweight. In 3 weeks I have lost 18.5 pounds and in the past it has taken me 3 or 4 months to lose that much. I think we have to try and find strength anywhere we can get it. If I didn't have my WI this morning there is no doubt in my mind that I would have given in and had a slice of pizza last night. Friday night is pizza night in my house and always difficult for me, but knowing that scale was waiting for me stopped me. I hope I have given you some inspiration not to give up. These boards have been a God send to me but this is my first post. Good luck
You should treat YOURSELF on these friday family nights too! Why should you feel left out? I believe there area few faux pizza recipes on here or you could get an OP take-out meal or salad to splurge right along with your families take-out pizza. That is great that you didn't give in this week. I am proud of you! Plan for next week so that you can feel as though you are having a treat along with everyone else.Keep up the good work.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #55  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaleer View Post
Ha! I just found out why you add water to the shaker first and not the IP drink! Besides having powder everywhere, mixing it up is a wee bit difficult!
LOL! There is a learning curve when you first start. That powder gets everywhere. I started mixing it in the sink. Also I always rinse out the container immediately because some of the products really stick. In the beginning I was really tired or crabby so I would get so frustrated when that powder went everywhere.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Wuv, that is so funny! Too bad your son didn't turn to you and say "Mom, ... said to say hi to you." That probably would have embarassed the guy though.

Pat
Old 01-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #57  
Started IP 11/28/2011

Just had my 6th weigh-in in 8 weeks and lost another 6.6lbs for a total of 30.2 lbs! Never, ever imagined this. No doubts here.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #58  
Started IP 11/28/2011

Nuts, tried to update my ticker. Back to the drawing board.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 185/145/130

Happy Saturday all! I had my first NSV last night – a small one, but I just reconfirmed it and it seems to be a real one! I’ve had several pairs of jeans tucked away in the back of my closet for months (one for a couple years even). They’re the same size as I normally wear, but fit smaller and they were just that much too tight that I couldn’t wear them. But! When I put them on they were comfortable and fit perfectly. I’m still counting IP time in days (13 today) and this is a nice little boost! Especially since I’m one of the impatient ones among us…
Old 01-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 153/140/125

Height: 4'10"

good afternoon all! It is good to read all the posts. It makes me feel less alone in my journey. I was going to say struggle since that is how it feels but I am trying to say positive things to change my mind set. It is a blue day for me. week three and really crabby. I am going through menopause ( I think) and have irreg TOM started a couple of days ago and really hoped the scale would show a loss now but no such luck. OK going to drag myself out of this funk and mix a drink ( ip one) and have a salad
Closed Thread