Old 10-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/153/135

Height: 5'4"

Default A great tool to squash cravings!

OK, so right about now is my "bewitching hour", between 11PM and midnight. I am sitting on the sofa watching TV and the cravings kick in. So instead of even entertaining the thought of snacking, instead I made an herbal tea, and I am online "window shopping" on Victoria's Secret.com... They have all sorts of slinky dresses and some really beautiful things for winter and the holidays. Before I would shop by "what can I wear that won't make me look heavier than I am" instead of "what do I like/want to wear?". Now I know that I could, in a few short months feasibly wear whatever I want from this website! (not that I would really step out in a bustier or mini skirt ...lol). Next stop, maybe Bloomingdales or Nordstrom!

Suddenly I have no more cravings! And coming here and reading helps so so so much, so thank you to all of you wonderful people who share every day! You are a bigger motivator than you could ever know!
bisous3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:25 PM   #2  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisous3 View Post
OK, so right about now is my "bewitching hour", between 11PM and midnight. I am sitting on the sofa watching TV and the cravings kick in. So instead of even entertaining the thought of snacking, instead I made an herbal tea, and I am online "window shopping" on Victoria's Secret.com... They have all sorts of slinky dresses and some really beautiful things for winter and the holidays. Before I would shop by "what can I wear that won't make me look heavier than I am" instead of "what do I like/want to wear?". Now I know that I could, in a few short months feasibly wear whatever I want from this website! (not that I would really step out in a bustier or mini skirt ...lol). Next stop, maybe Bloomingdales or Nordstrom!

Suddenly I have no more cravings! And coming here and reading helps so so so much, so thank you to all of you wonderful people who share every day! You are a bigger motivator than you could ever know!
I wish this would work for me... Since I am a whole lot larger, This would probably just make me depressed!! LOL
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #3  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I do this all the time!!!!!! LOL I actually print out their pictures and put it all over my fridge and the cupboard!!

The hubby doesn't mind either :P

It sure keeps me away from there!!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:27 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
I wish this would work for me... Since I am a whole lot larger, This would probably just make me depressed!! LOL
I am the same way....I will NEVER be able to fit in Victoria Secrets....lol
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #5  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Keeping your mind focus in somehting else other than the tv, does work! When you are home. what I do is watch inspirational videos from people who became successfull dieting, the befores and afters, and their stories, it helps.
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Maybe "never" should be the new "only" and should be banned from the vocabulary if you've lost 93 pounds, I'm pretty sure that you can do anything (and therefore wear anything) if you decide to!!!

You motivated me throughout my loss, and I wouldn't have had my first phase 4 day today without the help you and the rest of this group provided!!!
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
You look gorgeous in your pictures - you never know what you'll be able to rock when this journey is done!!!
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/147/115

Height: 5'4

I am fairly new to IP just a few weeks, losing inches by not very many pounds, get really frustrated sometimes and wonder if it is worth the money I'm spending then I read the posts of those who have had great sucess, and it makes me want to keep plugging along! so glad I found this website
regnirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnirts View Post
I am fairly new to IP just a few weeks, losing inches by not very many pounds, get really frustrated sometimes and wonder if it is worth the money I'm spending then I read the posts of those who have had great sucess, and it makes me want to keep plugging along! so glad I found this website
Your pounds and inches will be much different. I have 92lbs gone but 69 inches, you would think with that much weight it would be more inches but its not but I am ok with this. Its going to take more than just a few weeks to really see a difference but you will see some in about a month or so!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

To keep myself from eating, I have gotten on this site before to look at before and after pictures, surfed cute outfits on the internet, got up and left to go try on jeans at the mall, tried on my 10 year old jeans from the storeroom under the house, taken a bubble bath, or my favorite - taken the dog for a brisk walk, thereby burning calories rather than consuming them.

Fun thread... what do you do to keep from eating?
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/147/115

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Your pounds and inches will be much different. I have 92lbs gone but 69 inches, you would think with that much weight it would be more inches but its not but I am ok with this. Its going to take more than just a few weeks to really see a difference but you will see some in about a month or so!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT
regnirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #12  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
To keep myself from eating, I have gotten on this site before to look at before and after pictures, surfed cute outfits on the internet, got up and left to go try on jeans at the mall, tried on my 10 year old jeans from the storeroom under the house, taken a bubble bath, or my favorite - taken the dog for a brisk walk, thereby burning calories rather than consuming them.

Fun thread... what do you do to keep from eating?
Pauley... Good to see you are still around. I haven't seen your smiling face in a while!!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #13  
Started IP 8.02.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
Maybe "never" should be the new "only" and should be banned from the vocabulary if you've lost 93 pounds, I'm pretty sure that you can do anything (and therefore wear anything) if you decide to!!!

You motivated me throughout my loss, and I wouldn't have had my first phase 4 day today without the help you and the rest of this group provided!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
You look gorgeous in your pictures - you never know what you'll be able to rock when this journey is done!!!
Thanks... LOL. I guess there is a difference in fantasizing and being realistic!!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Jelly, you are very pretty. You would look nice in anything.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #15  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
I look at you and see a beautiful girl. The half way mark is way behind you and the confidence is definitely (hopefully) higher. What I have learned from this plan is that if you stay on it the weight will come off. Buy something for the future and hang it up in your bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, or hall. Put it where you are going to see it every time you want to eat off plan. Picture yourself in it when you are laying down to sleep. You deserve this weight lose. You will be healthier and able to shop till you drop. But I bet you are able to do a better job of shopping now than before you started the plan. Hang in there - believe that your life will change, because it will and probably already has to some degree. Congratulations on the 71 pounds that you have lost and go get the rest of them.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote