Old 01-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #16  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Hi Linden,

I went there, but the domain name is for sale. Is it spelled another way, maybe?
Try breaking it up: Cron-o-meter.com. Or Google Cron o meter download.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
LOL....not being a brat....a few weeks ago I told New Englander to GROWL it out RAWWWWW.....so every time she thinks about it she growls it out....lol
LOL!!! I do!!! AND that was the best advice I've been given!!! I went RAW on measuring the veggies which made a HUGE Difference!!! I went from losing 2 to 2.4 pounds / week to 4.5 and 3 for the past two weeks!!! WOO HOO!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
I learned this the hard way: 16oz of raw hamburger turns into 8oz when its cooked. So from that experience, I think we're supposed to weigh our meat raw. That is my personal experience and what most of the experienced people on here have said.
Interesting experience and would depend on how you cooked it. Can't say that I've had a similar experience. Although, I have noticed that I don't eat red meat anymore. During this diet I've discovered I cannot digest red meat. In fact I haven't had any in months.

However, as an 'experienced' IPer (I can safely say that I'm sure)...I've been eating my 8 oz of chicken weighed when cooked. Again, we should be making our own decision, my coach and coach's coach have told me that I should be weighing my meat at 8 oz cooked. If your coach has told you it should be raw, follow your coach's lead. Far be it from me to tell any of you what to do, what I try to do on here is offer up my own 'experience'. But! If you are questioning your coach realize that there will be conflicting reports on 3FC as well.

From my weight loss to date and the fact that I'm going on 9 months on the diet (which makes me what I believe to be 'experienced') I believe I'm doing what's right for me and I will definately be staying doing what I'm doing.

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-20-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
Interesting experience and would depend on how you cooked it. Can't say that I've had a similar experience. Although, I have noticed that I don't eat red meat anymore. During this diet I've discovered I cannot digest red meat. In fact I haven't had any in months.

However, as an 'experienced' IPer (I can safely say that I'm sure)...I've been eating my 8 oz of chicken weighed when cooked. Again, we should be making our own decision, my coach and coach's coach have told me that I should be weighing my meat at 8 oz cooked. If your coach has told you it should be raw, follow your coach's lead. Far be it from me to tell any of you what to do, what I try to do on here is offer up my own 'experience'. But! If you are questioning your coach realize that there will be conflicting reports on 3FC as well.

From my weight loss to date I believe I'm doing what's right for me and I will definately be staying doing what I'm doing.
Thanks!!! I weigh meat cooked and veggies raw I figure I want to make sure I'm getting enough protein since I'm doing alternatives and a lot of the pkts are 15 g protein. Yeah when I found another Rider fan! I live northeast of Saskatoon - whereabouts are you? Your loss numbers are awesome girl!!!! Totally inspiring!!!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
If you have a food scale, this site helps a lot:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2816/2

I was using the USDA site, but it suddenly changed and I couldn't figure out how to use it anymore!
So I just went there and checked it out. How accurate has it been for you? I was having 1c sliced cucumbers and 1c chopped peppers for lunch today. With the cucumbers it was right on the weight, but by the time I got enough peppers in there it really looked like 2c worth. I ate them all anyways, but was wondering what you would go with?
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 159/149/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hi Linden,

I went there, but the domain name is for sale. Is it spelled another way, maybe?
I tried also, same thing.
TFBeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

This is the web version:
http://cronometer.com/

This is the downloadable version:
http://cronometer.com/download/

The website says the web version has a larger database of foods than is capable with the download version...which makes sense.
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #23  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
So I just went there and checked it out. How accurate has it been for you? I was having 1c sliced cucumbers and 1c chopped peppers for lunch today. With the cucumbers it was right on the weight, but by the time I got enough peppers in there it really looked like 2c worth. I ate them all anyways, but was wondering what you would go with?
It is extremely accurate. I've used USDA for almost 5 years and when I compared cronometer to what I tracked the first day, they were the same within 5 calories. HOWEVER, I measure everything I can in grams of fluid ounces and I use the USDA (from cronometer) to tell me how many grams there are in a cup. I don't see how one could go wrong. It really is the biggest labor savor I've had in years.

If an enterprising group of people got together and divided up the IP products and entered them (using uniform names, e.g., IP Chocolate Pudding, IP Chocolate RTD, etc.) then you'd only have to have one person enter each one once. After that you could them using the search function. Same with supplements. Wish you luck.

Last edited by Linden; 01-21-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

I started entering the products yesterday on the webite as Ideal Protein name-of-product for the items that I have the boxes to get the information off of. I have not classified them as they don't really fit under the current classifications. Is there something I have to do so they are made public or do they automatically become public when I input them?
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote