Old 01-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190.8/158/150

Height: 5'5

Smile THANK YOU to this Great Community!!!

Hi. I've been lurking for a several months. This is my 9th day on IP for my second attempt. I started this time last year and lost 10 lbs, but I quit after the 4th week because I thought I was having a reaction to some of the ingredients. After quitting, I found this site and began reading everyone's experiences and realized that I may have just come out of ketosis. Also because my clinic is at my chiropractor (who I have been going to for 10 years and didn't want to leave), I saw a year's worth of success stories to give me courage to try again.

Of the 10 lbs I lost before, I had only gained 3.8 back, which I lost my first week this time. The interesting thing is my beginning measurements this time were all lower than they were a year ago when I quit.

What I really want to say is THANK YOU to the people on this forum for giving me something to focus on, besides food. I have been snowed in since Sunday, and in the past, I would have been eating all day and having a few beers every night. I have not had any problems with the IP food this time around and have not had any cravings for anything else what so ever.

I know with this forum and the wonderful group here, I will be able to accomplish my goal of losing 40 lbs (maybe more when I get there.)

Thanks again!!! I look forward to growing (and shrinking) with you all.

I already feel like I know a lot of you.

Heidi
THISTIME4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #2  
INACTIVE

Welcome, Heidi!

Congratulations for trying again and I wish you all the best on this journey! You can do it and we are always here to listen, share and encourage. Hope to see you often
SomedayBubblySomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Heidi,
Welcome to the boards and welcome back to IP. I was actually reading the posts on this forum for almost two weeks before I started IP. It was so helpful to know what was coming. Everyone here has been so wonderful and helpful. Chance are if you are having what seems like a weird reaction, or a problem of some kind there is someone here who has been through it and will help you.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190.8/158/150

Height: 5'5

Thank you Bubbly and Molly for your responses. This CAMARADERIE** is exactly what I need. I look forward to one day helping someone else through their journey. ** I looked this word up - it means "a spirit of friendly good-fellowship". I think this fits.
THISTIME4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/246/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking Yes! Thank you!

Today is my 3rd day of IP with good results already but I find this site to be the extra motivation I know I will need! There is just so much great information and a real great group of supportive people I can tell! Cant wait to become more involved and share my success as well!
Sab964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

This community has been a MAJOR role in my success on my journey. Reading and learning then helping others are such a great feeling. When you post something you never know who you are helping, You may think its just "something" to you but someone else could be thinking YES that is just want I needed to know or hear. We all post what is going on with us good/bad, the rough/tough times we have but everyone in a way goes through it as well. Its great to know that you are not alone in this and that there are several 100 other people right there with you. We have a lot of Lurkers who never post anything but they learn so much from what we post. So there are people out there who just read and take that and go with it. Welcome back to your journey and I know you will continue until you are done, just like the rest of us, you are headed in the right direction
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote