Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Breakfast is the only time you are allowed to combine carbs and fat. I'm not sure that you can eat a pnut butter and jelly sandwich, you would have to look at the label of the jelly closely. I'm imagining that there will be a lot of sugar and carbs, but not positive.

I have no idea what you have in your house, so I'll just throw a few ideas out there for you: yogurt, piece of fruit, an egg, cheese, raw veggies, any IP packet you have would work..... basically the same things listed by others in this thread. Someone in the Maintainers thread mentioned that they occasionally have a pudding snack, either sugar free or fat free, I don't remember, jello would be an option too.
I see you are from Baton Rouge. I went to Fresh Pickens in Lafayette, LA and purchased some cajun power Strawberry spread. I was told that I can use that on my bread to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Looking forward to try it.
Louisiana chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidgigi View Post
YAY!!! to the peanut butter...I guess jelly is out of the question huh? Like I'm thinking a nice PB&J sandwich on 100% ww sandwich thin, when would this be appropriate, like at breakfast?

I've never tried any alternative products...will have to check them out.

Stuck in the house (not really -just don't feel like going out in the cold) with no IP snack products tonight...what should I have???
I see that you aren't from louisiana but we have a brand named called Cajun Power that sells a Strawberry, Blueberry, or Blackberry Spread that we are able to use on our peanut butter sandwiches. I just googled it and apparently it is able to be shipped. The company is Cajun Power Sauce. I just started maintenance and my coach said that often she eats a pb and j sandwich with this spread.
Louisiana chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #18  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Thanks La Chick! I will check that out. I am addicted to the Pb and banana sandwich every morning. But it would be nice to change it up now and then. I've never been a big fan of jelly, too sweet, but maybe the spread would be ok? If not, I'll give it away, lol!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Make sure you are using natural peanut butter and not the processed variety. I count it as protein rather than fat so it is a valid snack as a pb&j sandwich. I use WF jellies or sugar free with Splenda. Detour bars are very comparable to IP but cheaper. Super tasty and you can pick up a box at Costco. Kind bars which are at Starbucks or I found them at Superstore are very good and all natural.
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/160/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Breakfast is the only time you are allowed to combine carbs and fat. I'm not sure that you can eat a pnut butter and jelly sandwich, you would have to look at the label of the jelly closely. I'm imagining that there will be a lot of sugar and carbs, but not positive.

I have no idea what you have in your house, so I'll just throw a few ideas out there for you: yogurt, piece of fruit, an egg, cheese, raw veggies, any IP packet you have would work..... basically the same things listed by others in this thread. Someone in the Maintainers thread mentioned that they occasionally have a pudding snack, either sugar free or fat free, I don't remember, jello would be an option too.
Thanks PaintLady
Yeah after asking---I went to look at the jelly I have here and was appalled 13 carbs and 13 sugars in only 1 Tbsp:-/ I guess that will be a cheat day type of snack.

I opted to not have the snack today---I have yogurt, fruit , egg, cheese but those are food to me not snacks lol Same with the packets all were foodlike not snacklike :-)
droidgigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Make sure you are using natural peanut butter and not the processed variety. I count it as protein rather than fat so it is a valid snack as a pb&j sandwich. I use WF jellies or sugar free with Splenda. Detour bars are very comparable to IP but cheaper. Super tasty and you can pick up a box at Costco. Kind bars which are at Starbucks or I found them at Superstore are very good and all natural.
Thanks for the snack suggestions Capricious
Yup Natural pb in the house :-)
Old 01-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
I see that you aren't from louisiana but we have a brand named called Cajun Power that sells a Strawberry, Blueberry, or Blackberry Spread that we are able to use on our peanut butter sandwiches. I just googled it and apparently it is able to be shipped. The company is Cajun Power Sauce. I just started maintenance and my coach said that often she eats a pb and j sandwich with this spread.
Thanks LA chick
I will check that out :-)
love it when IP powers activate lol
Old 01-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Check out these Cocoa Chickpeas, sound awesome! http://www.cuisineats.com/?p=402
MaMaZu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

I made the roasted chickpeas but did a spicy variety. They were awesome they tasted like corn nuts. Had to be so careful on the serving size cause I kept wanting more!
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #25  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Height: 5'0"

ProtiDiet has protein wafers which are absolutely delicious!! I order those and find they are a perfect snack (low carb AND high protein). I also like Palm Hearts which I add to salads and snack on straight from jar - really good!
Slow Weave is offline   Reply With Quote