Old 01-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #106  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Working at a super busy clinic today... I'm finally checking in today. Anyways had a bad night with the bf... Typical crap we always argue about. So anyways. Skipped dinner. Hopefully it won't screw me up completely... We were doing so well the last few months... Ugh. Anyways. I really wanted to endulge in some trail mix... But didn't.
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 237/204/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post
Hey Sandra - I feel your pain, i did the same thing over Xmas. I decided i would go off program for the 1 day, and that turned into a week and a half. But good for you for getting back on, dont beat yourself up about when you did it, but the important thing is you did do it. I lost all my weight gain over the holidays in less than 3 weeks(15 lbs....geez). Drink 2 to 2.5 litres of water and be strict and i hope you have the same success as i did. My experience over the holidays taught me how important it is (now more than ever) to do the maintenance. Obviously i dont know how to eat properly to maintain my weight and this proved it to me. I was terrified to step on the scale Jan 1st, but i did it anyway. I dont want to go back to old habits of ignoring what i weigh. Go hard and by the summer, you will feel amazing and be so happy with yourself!!! You will do it and summer will be here before we know it!!!
I too have gone off program for a day during the holidays and that turned into a year plus gaining back 22 lbs. I'm just disgusted with myself. Obviously i dont know how to eat properly to maintain my weight and this proved it to me as well. Day 1 back on track, I've had a miserable time getting back on track but this is it! I just hope this time around I can see my goal through all the way
ShrinkinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #108  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkinSue View Post
I too have gone off program for a day during the holidays and that turned into a year plus gaining back 22 lbs. I'm just disgusted with myself. Obviously i dont know how to eat properly to maintain my weight and this proved it to me as well. Day 1 back on track, I've had a miserable time getting back on track but this is it! I just hope this time around I can see my goal through all the way

hi Sue... we have a thread going for people who have re-started.... pop over and say hi!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...estarting.html
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #109  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

OMG.....I love my physical therapist. She got me in to see the orthopedic surgery THIS Thursday. No MRI yet but at least he will let me know where I stand! Super scared and nervous right now.....but pumped that this moving this forward quickly.

Food???? What's that?????

Last edited by gettinmygrooveback; 01-31-2012 at 10:22 AM.
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #110  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
OMG.....I love my physical therapist. She got me in to see the orthopedic surgery THIS Thursday. No MRI yet but at least he will let me know where I stand! Super scared and nervous right now.....but pumped that this moving this forward quickly.

Food???? What's that?????
That is good news. Look on the bright side. At least the knee is operable, right? I was told this afternoon that my fractured vertebra isn't healing itself and the only thing to do is take pain killers to get the inflammation down. And we all know what those lead to. Honestly, I think things are looking up for you.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #111  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
That is good news. Look on the bright side. At least the knee is operable, right? I was told this afternoon that my fractured vertebra isn't healing itself and the only thing to do is take pain killers to get the inflammation down. And we all know what those lead to. Honestly, I think things are looking up for you.
I'm sorry you have to suffer. Why is it not healing? Are you perhaps "doing" too much? Do you need to give it more time and just let the "drugs" help you get there? Are there not any sort of alternative therapies that will help your body?

Thank you for acknowledging the positive for me. I hope I can do the same for you very soon.

I just spoke to my older sister who is currently in her 4th week of rehab for both knee's being replaced. She keeps trying to tell me not to be such a worry wart. Easy for her to say....she's a critical care nurse. (She has two lines on her nursing badge just to handle all the initials after her name!) She has no problem with someone sticking a needle into her skin. I wasn't blessed with those same genes. I just hope I'm rehabing myself within the next few weeks.

100% OP once again, but my body doesn't seem to be responding so well to this stress. <sigh> I managed to eat my soup and veggies for lunch but they just didn't taste very good......and I just can't seem to get warm today. I sense a good hot cup of tea in my not so distant future.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #112  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Well thank you!! I needed that so much... Been having a rough time with medical issues lately getting in the way of my losses.... But I'm hoping I've got it all figured out now!!
You finally get those doctors set straight?
Old 02-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Where have all the experienced people gone? This thread was on the 4th page!

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Where have all the experienced people gone? This thread was on the 4th page!

Pat
Hi Pat-
I am here. Having a descent weekend, eating low carb and walked 4 miles a day yesterday and today. I am struggling about consistent excersise. Go days and days without doing anything. It goes hand and hand with eating habits- I feel so good when I get excersise and eat right, but it is so easy for me to talk myself out of it. Maybe I need electroshock therapy or something lifelong challenges- hope it all becomes such a habit that I don't have to think about it quite so often. Time will tell!
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #115  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Not only that Pat, but you fixed the problem. Back to page one we are! Smile. Good job!
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Hi Pat-
I am here. Having a descent weekend, eating low carb and walked 4 miles a day yesterday and today. I am struggling about consistent excersise. Go days and days without doing anything. It goes hand and hand with eating habits- I feel so good when I get excersise and eat right, but it is so easy for me to talk myself out of it. Maybe I need electroshock therapy or something lifelong challenges- hope it all becomes such a habit that I don't have to think about it quite so often. Time will tell!
Oh good!!! There is experienced life still out there!

Determined, I just realized you are from Montana. Due south of us. So I am impressed that you walked yesterday and today! my coach had told me walking is very good exercise after one has been on the plan for a few weeks.

But my job is crazy busy during the winter months due to the time of government funding deadlines and also the tempeture can be -30 for days on end. But for some reason this year it is like May here. I can't believe it but my mindset is still set to "brutal weather" when it comes to exercise. It is like I am afraid if I start to walk a mile or so away it will be tempting fate and a blizzard will come out of nowhere suddenly.
I am pretty good in the spring and summer I can walk for kilometres in the national park near me. They just sent a bunch of baby bisons from that park to NE Montana this week. Say hi to them from me if you come across them (then run!).

Pat
Old 02-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #117  

maykat, I found the section on Sparkpeople with IP on it. It felt good to change my weight there. Last time I had checked in I was 158, today i could change it to 132! Dumb computer didn't even say Good job!!!

Pat
Old 02-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Pat- I live in northeast Montana so know what you mean about the brutal winters. Our weather is very similar if not identical to yours. This "winter" has been crazy- like spring for sure. I guess God is giving us a break after the harsh one we had last year. I too am very busy- work 2 full time jobs- one of them I am on call for some of the hours so this weekend was able to walk inside in a building that has a walking path. I hate the treadmill but I need to find a way to make it work. There are not many options for exercise classes, etc here in our remote part of the world so I need to learn to exercise alone and like it. Wish I was one of those running addicts!
There are many mixed feelings regarding the relocation of the bison. The land owners and ranchers have some very valid concerns.
Determinedat47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #119  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

CAT- I just wanted to say that it was so nice to meet you the other day. I have a feeling that if I lived closer to you, we would be fast friends. I could have talked with you for hours, lol! Guess that's the Louisiana in us. So far, I have met two people from here in person, you and Wuv, and both were very positive encounters. I hope things are going well with your knee and the upcoming wedding!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #120  
aka CAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
CAT- I just wanted to say that it was so nice to meet you the other day. I have a feeling that if I lived closer to you, we would be fast friends. I could have talked with you for hours, lol! Guess that's the Louisiana in us. So far, I have met two people from here in person, you and Wuv, and both were very positive encounters. I hope things are going well with your knee and the upcoming wedding!
Thank you Lacey. I so enjoyed meeting you as well. We'll have to do lunch one day soon and chat the afternoon away instead of having a wind-blown conversation in Sam's parking lot. We have each other phone numbers now! Thank you again for your clothing donation. Kevin wanted me to extend a big thankful to you on behalf of his church.

Well I had my MRI this morning and if all goes well, I should be having my surgery within a week. Not happy about the surgery but will be so grateful to get this mess behind me. I have not stepped on the scale since Friday AM and don't really plan on doing so. I remain OP but the anti-inflammatory drugs the surgeon gave me have me feeling super bloated (not to mention a little loopy).....the waist on my pants today feel a little snug. I have to do what I have to do right now....and I DON'T have to step on the scale to deal with a possible mental blow. I'm scared and nervous about the next few weeks. I will continue to watch my food intake closely and let my body heal.

Have a good day all.......