Old 01-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Need meal ideas

I looked over the recipe threads and they are all fine, if you are using IP products.
I am in a food rut and need help thinking of new things to make that do not use IP products.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Ryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

You can make the IP Waffles in the recipe thread by substituting Protein Powder for the packet. It's delicious ^.^ I do that to make sandwiches.

That's all I have for you now xP I'm about to start week two and am making my menu for this next week currently.
BACKDROPsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I made Asian lettuce wraps with shrimp and miracle noodles last night.
Use any veg, plus I seasoned it with soy sauce, unseasoned rice vinegar and Splenda. Yum!

I currently have chili (ground beef with veggies only) in the crock pot.

It really just depends what you are craving!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

I saw lots of recipes that didn't involve IP products (I like to have the IP products as "dessert", so I was looking at the recipes for stuff that didn't take the products and also at how to convert them to vegetarian.)

So, here are some ideas:
FinnSteven showed a salsa with cucumbers as the chips. Why not use ground beef or ground turkey or even shred chicken, add some taco type seasoning & make the salsa separately. Then use the cucumber chips to form the base, sort of like nachos? Or, make the zucchinni chips "extra crispy" and use those as the base?

You still have kale chips, turnip fries and cauliflower mashed potatoes that can all be made without IP products. The cauliflower can be switched by adding rosemary, garlic or other spices. I think someone mentioned making a ground turkey "chili" to put on top of the turnip fries.

You could make soup from chicken or buy low sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth to use to add vegetables and meat. You can still puree vegetables using just the broth rather than an IP soup.

You can make a mushroom sauce by sauteing mushrooms in a non-stick pan with olive oil or butter spray and put that over meat.

You could try a few of the vegetarian "meat" products if you just want to mix things up: Gardein Chick'n Scallapini, Gardein Beefless Tips, Morning Star Spicy Sausage Patties, Quorn Grounds. Those are all within the IP product parameters.

Obviously, I am quite the simple cook.

Are you looking for a particular taste or texture (like using the soy products as crunchies)?

Are you looking for something fancier?

I'm sure others will jump in with the amazing stuff.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #5  
reboot 10/14/2014

S/C/G: 162.7/149.2/125

Height: 5'2"

Hamburger sliders are a good one Especially if you eat with turnip fries!!!

RECIPE (for two people)

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.

2. Combine meat with salt and pepper, chopped bell pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes Score and form meat into 4 small patties. Cook on a hot skillet.

3. Place Portobello caps on a small baking sheet gill side up and spray cooking spray on them. Roast the caps 12 minutes. Remove them from the oven and season them with salt and pepper. Turn oven off.

4. Place burger on Mushroom, top with romaine lettuce, tomatoes and cover with another Mushroom.
SaraBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

You could try a few of the vegetarian "meat" products if you just want to mix things up: Gardein Chick'n Scallapini, Gardein Beefless Tips, Morning Star Spicy Sausage Patties, Quorn Grounds. Those are all within the IP product parameters.

When you say "within parameters" what do you mean? Are these to be used in place of your 8 oz meat or in place of a protien packet?

Thanks for clarifying!
Survalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #7  
Eck
Green

S/C/G: 250/228/150

Height: 5'6"

I've been making different kinds of kabobs. Here is what I made tonight.

1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
8 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast , cut in 1-inch pieces and marinate for 15 minutes. Assemble on skewers with -
1 3/4 cups total green bell pepper, zucchini, onion cut in 1-inch pieces
2-3 mushrooms
Broil or grill.
Yum!
Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post

When you say "within parameters" what do you mean? Are these to be used in place of your 8 oz meat or in place of a protien packet?

Thanks for clarifying!
Old clinic guideline was that the product look like a non-restricted packet: approx 15 to 20 g of protein, and up to 7 carbs and I got the "OK" on those products, at the one serving level (about 90 to 150 calories).

New clinic (starting today) has this guideline: Dinner should be about 40 g of protein

I'm rethinking the whole protein at dinner thing now, as I'm sure upping the grams of protein will get me to a more steady 3 lbs/week.

I would definitely ask your coach before trying it now.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185.5/171.5/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

I make my own spice blends and add to chicken and turkey breasts. I also buy ground chicken breasts and add Italian sausage seasoning and make chicken sausage patties. Here's a link for some blend ideas...
http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seas...x-recipes-198/
Lilmink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmink View Post
I make my own spice blends and add to chicken and turkey breasts. I also buy ground chicken breasts and add Italian sausage seasoning and make chicken sausage patties. Here's a link for some blend ideas...
http://www.budget101.com/frugal/seas...x-recipes-198/
I love ground chicken...now I can't wait to make chicken sausage patties. Thanks for the suggestion.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote