Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #121  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishHeart View Post
Good morning and Happy Sunday everyone! So... my weigh in this week went exceptionally well... down 8.5 lbs! Quite a pleasant shock! Woo hoo!
WTG, great weigh in!

It's still early, but hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday so far. My son has friends over for a sleepover and I don't think these boys have slept all night. I know at 4am my husband had to go in and tell them to lower the volume. They are going to be three tired puppies today, and my son still has some math homework he HAS to finish today. Should be lots of fun, NOT!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #122  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

I have a NSV for you guys!
I've only been on IP for a week [tomorrow!] and I can already feel a complete difference AND I can already tell a difference! My pants are already fitting better and the best one ever....

My Mom was so skeptical about this whole thing, but she said she's proud of me for sticking with it & that she can totally tell a difference too!

Sooooo happy!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistence70 View Post
The problem with sodas is the acidity. All sodas are bad, the dark colored ones are the worse (more acidic). This is an Acid Neutral diet. The physiology behind it is solid. Phosphoric acid is to blame.
Thanks for the clarification! However, now I am curious about this. Why acid neutral? Gosh, I am sure learning a ton of stuff from you guys. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ipeeps,

I am enjoying having my daughter home from Cali... she will leave on tuesday

Vitamins are a complexing thing. One thing I do know is that too much calciu does just pass through. Ca-Mg need to be in a certain ratio in order to be absorbed efficiently. Calcium should not be taken in close proximity to Thyroid meds (at least 1 hr out) If you use the IP vitamins they are in the right ratio. I use the K-Ca from IP still ( hard to find a sub without research and combining on your own) My other vitamins are from HSN (Andrew Lessman), they are great vitamins with good QC, but probably around the same price as IP. and YES, Omega's are important, esp. dieting effects the skin and hair.

Keep going, everyone is doing well, I am still just trying to maintain until my company leaves on tuesday. I will be back chatting away after that.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by uolecrab View Post
FYI AMAZON has the Miracle noodles 15% off today 1/15/12
Thank you!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 244/231.2/135

Default salad dressing...keep it simple

I tried the WF Thousand Island during my first couple days OP...I couldn't stand it and threw the whole (expensive) bottle away! I stick with plain old vinegar and oil...same dressing my grandmother always used on salad.
1 tsp.olive oil and 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar...you can whisk together(or just add to salad directly) and add salt,pepper, and your choice of spices (I don't add any). This works great for me on my salads. Sometimes I use extra virgin olive oil or just regular olive oil...

I have also added a shake of Mrs.Dash Fiesta Lime...gives the salad a little kick

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!!!

Last edited by Gardengurl71; 01-15-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

I will have to look for the chili lime mrs. Dash. That sounds good.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
WTG, great weigh in!

It's still early, but hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday so far. My son has friends over for a sleepover and I don't think these boys have slept all night. I know at 4am my husband had to go in and tell them to lower the volume. They are going to be three tired puppies today, and my son still has some math homework he HAS to finish today. Should be lots of fun, NOT!
Lol! When my 13 yr old daughter comes home from a sleepover, we have to brace ourselves for the inevitable emotional breakdown from lack of sleep... Good luck with the hw... Does he have tomorrow off (MLK)? That would help..
Old 01-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

I'm feeling a bit nauseous today. Not sure if it's from the too sweet tasting bar I had for breakfast or not (I just can't handle stuff that tastes that sweet). I think I may start to be getting more tired as well. I usually sleep about 6 or 7 hours and these past two days I've been sleeping for 12!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengurl71 View Post
I tried the WF Thousand Island during my first couple days OP...I couldn't stand it and threw the whole (expensive) bottle away! I stick with plain old vinegar and oil...same dressing my grandmother always used on salad.
1 tsp.olive oil and 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar...you can whisk together(or just add to salad directly) and add salt,pepper, and your choice of spices (I don't add any). This works great for me on my salads. Sometimes I use extra virgin olive oil or just regular olive oil...

I have also added a shake of Mrs.Dash Fiesta Lime...gives the salad a little kick

I do the same, whisking in some mustard and Herbs de Provence for a Mustard Vinegarette.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon everyone. This is my recipe for a salad dressing that I enjoy everyday. Hope you like it!

1 tsp (5 mL) salt -I didn't use that much
1 / 2 tsp (2 mL) Splenda
1 / 4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
1 / 2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
1 / 2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
1 cup (250 ml) oil
1 / 2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar

Shake everything in a bottle and voilą. Mmmmm! I only use 2-3 tsp on my salad. Enjoy!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #132  
started IP Nov 21, 2011

S/C/G: Goal 140

Quote:
Went bowling with friends...everyone had burgers and fries and chicken strips and mozzarella sticks...I sipped water and had my IP snack.no problem!!!! Yay!!!!
good for you!!!! YEAH!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #133  
started IP Nov 21, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishHeart View Post
Good morning and Happy Sunday everyone! So... my weigh in this week went exceptionally well... down 8.5 lbs! Quite a pleasant shock! Woo hoo!
WOW!!! that is awesome.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #134  
started IP Nov 21, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Woohoo!!! I bought a pair of jeans 2 weeks ago because I got tired of wearing my maternity clothes (my son is 5 months old!) and none of my pre-baby pants would fit....put them on this morning and they just fall off, tried on my pre-baby jeans and I'm in them now!!!
you must have felt wonderful!!! So Many great success stories. keeps me excited!!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #135  
Started IP 12/30/11

S/C/G: 160/125/130 Phase 4!!!

Height: 5'

Quote:

If you ever make the Big Mac in a Bowl, you might like the Thousand Island. I never tried it plain. Heard it was awful but in the recipe it's perfect.

I like your dressing. This is a version of what I used to make before. Probably with more olive oil and balsamic but I will try yours. I, too, struggle with the Walden Farms.
Closed Thread