Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #46  
Started IP 01/14/2012

S/C/G: 280/261/180

Height: 5'8"

Well, tomorrow is "D" day - I will officially start IP. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Will be interesting to see how it goes, since I have a date tomorrow night and am not quite ready to share with him what I'm doing. Only person I have shared my plans with is my sister, who I expect will be supportive, as I am supportive of her endeavors. She has seen me rollercoaster with my weight most of my life and just wants me to be healthy and happy.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #47  
Started IP 9/12/2011

S/C/G: 288/184/150

Height: 5' 1"

I am new the group here. I have been on the IP diet since 9/12 and have lost 63 pounds so far! When I started, I'd say it was a stretch if I ate 4 cups a vegetables in 6 months. That was really a struggle for me, but my life changed when I found this board about 4 weeks in! I just spent the morning making enough "fried rice" and a german cole slaw to eat all weekend! Thanks so much for all of the great recipes!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #48  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconfusion84 View Post
I just did my very first weigh in and I lost 8lbs! I am doing a happy dance! Have a great weekend!
Congrats!! That is awesome, you should be proud!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
I gain if I add too much Splenda intake through MIO, Crystal Lite etc.
I see that you use Crystal Light. What flavors do you use? I couldn't find any flavors that didn't have aspertame in them and would really like to be able to find a flavor that didn't have it.
thanks!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Had my weigh in on Wed night, down 1.4 but still not back to where I was prior to my month off. I intend to get back into this 100%. Part of getting back into everything is to read this board daily, I find it really encouraging and keeps me on track

Congrats to everyone who was able to maintain their eating habits over the holidays!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy TGIF everyone, middle of a snow storm here (got 8 inches yesterday, more of the same today). Can't wait to go home...i'm wearing a nice comfy wool sweater and i just want to go for a nap, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Almost dashed by Mrs. Dash!

The Southwest Chipotle seasoning blend has carrot sugar listed as an ingredient. Saboteur... Sigh. Also the premixed taco seasonings have sugar in them.

I almost botched a whole slow cooker full of Salsa Chicken!
Are you serious, i use that one all the time (and love it), i checked to make sure it was 0/0/0 but never checked the ingredients! Darn it!

WI tomorrow, scale hasn't moved all week...might try a boot camp week this coming week to see if it moves things a bit more.

Have a great afternoon!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #52  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

It's been mentioned tons of times before, but since I'm thinking about it now, I will say it again. READ LABELS PEOPLE!!!! LOL! It needs to be 0/0/0 and there should be no MSG, sugar (in any form...fructose is sugar), nuts, or salt. Yeah, every once in a while you are going to get some salt, especially if you eat at a restaurant. But, you will notice it on the scale. Don't make it a habit!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #53  

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement! You are all awesome and sorry that I sounded whiny. You are right a loss is a loss and I am in this for the long term to get healthy and fit for me
Congrats to everyone who had a loss this week!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #54  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by licaba View Post
Also a question... do you weigh yourself each day? every other day? only at the coach's? This past week I weighed myself everyday and it was nice to see the scale going down, but I know it won't quite be as steadily after the first week so thinking I should just maybe do it once in the middle of the week.
I do, but the scale barely going down or up as it did this morning doesn't bother me because I know it could all change tomorrow. However if you think that would bother you then put the scale away. However I do use the once a week weigh in with my coach as my official weight. Bottom line, you know yourself best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Hello everyone! Congratulations to everyone who had great WIs today and good luck to those who will be going for WIs. I had my WI this morning and had a 0 lose. I didn't have a BM this morning (sorry for the TMI) and they said that is why I didn't show a loss. I didn't gain so that's good. I did however show a 4.1 decrease in my fat volume and 4.1 increase in my lean muscle so those are worth celebrating . I am not going to be discouraged by the weight and will continue to stay OP and on this journey!
You may not have lost on the scale this morning, but you definitely lost this week. Gaining in lean muscle like that and loosing in body fat like that is even more impressive than any old number on the scale. The scale weighs everything, meaning things we don't even care how much they weigh. But gaining lean muscle and loosing body fat is everything. A big congratulations to you.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
It's been mentioned tons of times before, but since I'm thinking about it now, I will say it again. READ LABELS PEOPLE!!!! LOL! It needs to be 0/0/0 and there should be no MSG, sugar (in any form...fructose is sugar), nuts, or salt. Yeah, every once in a while you are going to get some salt, especially if you eat at a restaurant. But, you will notice it on the scale. Don't make it a habit!
Just a question, how come the regular Mrs dash is ok if it contains carrot, orange peel, tomato...i know its not carrot sugar but the rest is ok? Just want to make sure i don't use more things that i shouldn't.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

maykatcooper - What do you use in your salsa chicken? I used to make it with corn and black beans and salsa. So easy, but obviously I can't have the corn and beans now.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Chuckles1330 - Welcome to IP! I'm so excited for you ! I know you can do it, even with the challenge of a date. I started IP one week before Thanksgiving, and I didn't cheat at all on that national day of eating crap.

Massconfusion - Congratulations on the loss! That's AMAZING! Keep up the good work!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 175/142.6/138

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
You will looove phase 3! Nothing to be worried about same as other phases, just breakfast is DELISH! I lost 2lbs during phase 3!!! Got a pound below my goal weight actually. phew.
I didn't even really measure and obsess I just made sure I got a fruit, a dairy, a carb and a fat.
Example, my go to breakfast at work meal:
• ½ cup of Alpen Muesli (no sugar added) mixed it in Fage Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt, sprinkled with truvia and Cinnamon.
• 7oz of berries: (a tiny carton from grocery store of raspberries or blueberries or blackberries, or sometimes I’d have a small banana
• And I’d eat a little peanut butter on a spoon to get some fat in.

yum! I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and see if I'm down some from the holidays. I might need a phase 3 breakfast soon. YUMMY.

Just want to let you know that you are inspiration to me! You look Fabulous in your pictures and we are the same height and almost same starting weight and goal. Thank you for the motivation today i needed a little extra today
Old 01-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 231/185/185

Height: 5'6

Good morning, everyone, sorry If I seemed winded this morning but there seems to be a lot of negativity on the boards this morning and there is no need for that. WE are ALL LOSING....I have not seen ONE PERSON post that they have gained. This is a strict diet BUT the results are amazing. Some lose faster than others and those that lose slow hang in there it does work. We have a few experienced posters that don't post in the daily any longer such as Bellamack and patns, both of them were slow losers but hung in there. Both are almost at their goals now. I am not saying stop venting about what you are going through but stop and think of the reason why you are on this program, you did not gain this weight over night therefore you will NOT lose it over night. Hang in there, WE are ALL in the SAME boat...TOGETHER we ALL will get through this...its a NEW YEAR....NO EXCUSES not to become a NEW YOU!!!![/QUOTE]

Well said Wuv! I am on week 9 of this program and I never thought in 8 weeks I would lose 24lbs. At the pace I was going before killing myself exercising and watching everything that went into my mouth and starving all the time it would have taken me a year to lose 24lbs. I am so happy I found Ideal Protein. I know exactly what to eat and am never hungry! Sure it is restrictive, but the results are amazing and so worth it! I started the week before Thanksgiving and I asked about cheating on Thanksgiving. My coach's response was, you know what it tastes like, right? It will be there next and you will be able to eat it then! Great words of advice and glad I have never cheated. Keep going everyone!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #60  
Started IP Jan 2, 2011

S/C/G: 239/ticker/170

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassfedbeef View Post
I am new the group here. I have been on the IP diet since 9/12 and have lost 63 pounds so far! When I started, I'd say it was a stretch if I ate 4 cups a vegetables in 6 months. That was really a struggle for me, but my life changed when I found this board about 4 weeks in! I just spent the morning making enough "fried rice" and a german cole slaw to eat all weekend! Thanks so much for all of the great recipes!
Hi, I would love the German cole slaw recipe. I love to make my veggies in big quantities to have on hand. This sounds like a gooder.
Closed Thread