Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 04/23/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 04-23-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Well I’m jumping right in nice and early this morning! 1 ½ hours left of my first of 4 night shifts, but it’s also very sad as I gave my notice at work and my last day is Thursday, the government of Alberta offered me a job I could not turn down, I guess the 4 months of interviews and security clearances were worth it! 26 days until the wedding! We meet and pay our JP this Thursday, a bit stressed as I am not buying any clothing until the week of, what if I can’t find anything??? Minor Bride crisis lol! Feeling REALLY good about WI on Friday, its been a good week for me and I have jumped on my scale once or twice at home and its going to be a huge WOOSH week for me! I have however found my mind set on food changing, I don’t enjoy food like I use to, it’s just fuel for my body, I don’t eat my feelings anymore, I cope with my feelings in other ways (emotional eaters will get this!) I had a great weekend cleaning out my clothes that are too big and moving in some of my smaller stuff, nothing better than shopping in your own closet! I hope everyone have a wonderful OP weekend and a great Monday! Sorry about the ramble I have been awake all night! Xoxox ~Billie~
Old 04-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #3  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Good Morning everyone! I have a dumb question. When I see some of you mentioning your husbands you use "DH". I can figure out the "H" but what does the "D" stand for? I've seen the "D" used with other relationships as well. Hope everyone has a great, easy, OP day!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
Well I’m jumping right in nice and early this morning! 1 ½ hours left of my first of 4 night shifts, but it’s also very sad as I gave my notice at work and my last day is Thursday, the government of Alberta offered me a job I could not turn down, I guess the 4 months of interviews and security clearances were worth it! 26 days until the wedding! We meet and pay our JP this Thursday, a bit stressed as I am not buying any clothing until the week of, what if I can’t find anything??? Minor Bride crisis lol! Feeling REALLY good about WI on Friday, its been a good week for me and I have jumped on my scale once or twice at home and its going to be a huge WOOSH week for me! I have however found my mind set on food changing, I don’t enjoy food like I use to, it’s just fuel for my body, I don’t eat my feelings anymore, I cope with my feelings in other ways (emotional eaters will get this!) I had a great weekend cleaning out my clothes that are too big and moving in some of my smaller stuff, nothing better than shopping in your own closet! I hope everyone have a wonderful OP weekend and a great Monday! Sorry about the ramble I have been awake all night! Xoxox ~Billie~
Billie congrats on the new job. I agree to wait to buy your clothing. Dont worry you will find something. I noticed that everything looks so much cuter in smaller sizes. I cant wait to get to goal to buy some cute summer clothes. Keep up that positive attitude and keep sharing it, it is infectious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Good Morning everyone! I have a dumb question. When I see some of you mentioning your husbands you use "DH". I can figure out the "H" but what does the "D" stand for? I've seen the "D" used with other relationships as well. Hope everyone has a great, easy, OP day!
The D stands for dear or darling.
or on bad days it could stand for dumb, doofus, dingbat (just kidding)

Have a great on plan day everybody!

Last edited by Cadu; 04-23-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All

Im on day 3 of IP so far so good. The craving are slowly going away and Im handling myself pretty good. Im finding my likes and dislikes and so far the pudding is not my favorite. Going to try to put it in some iced coffee to see if I can get that to work. Good Luck and have a good day!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #6  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning All

Im on day 3 of IP so far so good. The craving are slowly going away and Im handling myself pretty good. Im finding my likes and dislikes and so far the pudding is not my favorite. Going to try to put it in some iced coffee to see if I can get that to work. Good Luck and have a good day!
Good morning pretty one. you can also add more water to the pudding and ice and make a thick shake.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #7  

Quote:
Good Luck on the new job. I cant wait to do some closet cleaning for good and get rid of the just in case bigger clothes I keep holding onto. Its time to finally let them go. Enjoy shopping
Old 04-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good morning pretty one. you can also add more water to the pudding and ice and make a thick shake.
Good Morning Cadu. I tried that last night and it was a failed mission. LOL Or maybe it was just the taste of the chocolate pudding. I put it in the freezer and tried to eat it like ice cream not a good taste. Im not a big coffee drinker but I just made a cup and put it in the freezer to cool and going to try to add the dry powder and a stevia to it and pray for the best . Do you like the pudding? I;ve been reading and been getting mixed reviews.

Last edited by prettyone; 04-23-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good Morning All

Prettyone,
You can a touch of extract to the drinks/puddings to help with the taste.

Quote:
Congrats on the new job! And fingers crossed for big WOOSH!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #10  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I picked up a 35 pound bag of dog food this morning and realized that I was carrying two of those on my body. Woah! That's a lot of weight! I still have one of those left to lose.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #11  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Prettyone,
You can a touch of extract to the drinks/puddings to help with the taste.
I agree with Chloe. I'm not real fond of the flavor of the puddings alone, but you can do some wonderful stuff with extracts and 0 0 0 flavorings, either Torani or DaVinci. Here's some ideas I've collected as part of my recipe "book."
Molly

SHAKE IT UP! Getting more from your shakes
1. Add up to 2 cups (16 oz / 450 milligrams) of water. It adds no extra calories and the taste doesn’t suffer. (Although for Cappuccino I use 1 3/4 cup for a stronger flavor) You will get about 3 big glasses vs. 1 and be very filling.

2. Make the shakes in a blender, not a shaker. The pulse creates much more volume and often creates a delicious froth of foam like an old thyme soda shop.

3. Add 3-5 large ice cubes to the blender to make a thicker, colder drink.

4. Pour yourself 1 glass and enjoy. Before pouring your next glass, pulse the remainder in the blender again to refresh for the perfect shake without separation of foam/drink.

5. Experiment with different flavors. I liked the chocolate so much I was hesitant to try anything else. But the fruit flavors blend up with much more volume and zing and taste like Orange Julius or Smoothies. I usually have a chocolate shake in the morning and a fruit flavored shake for night snack. Even the Pink Lemonade and Blueberry/Cranberry/Pomegranate drinks frothed up amazingly in the blender, so they felt like smoothies rather than a plain drink.

Orange Julius
Orange drink
2 tsp egg whites
Dash of vanilla
Pack of stevia or vanilla stevia to replace the vanilla and packet
3 ice cubes

Blend flavors
Orange Chocolate: In a container with a sealable lid, pour in 1 package Orange Drink with 1 Package Chocolate. Pour half of the mix in the blender with 2 cups cold water. Add ice. (Save other half of mix for another day). So Amazing. My favorite blend.

Chocolate Coconut (Bounty/ Mounds): Mix 1 package of Chocolate with 1 package of Pina Colada (Note that the pineapple in the pina colada changes the flavor from a pure choco-coconut, but it’s still really good.

Try add ins
Some examples:
a) Chocolate: Add a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of cardamom and a pinch of good Indian chili powder to make a spicy "Mexican Frozen Hot Chocolate"
Gingerbread Chocolate: Add a pinch or two of gingerbread spice (cinnamon, cloves, ginger, allspice)
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie: Add a pinch or two of pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice)

b) Flavoring/ Extracts: Try a drop or two of flavored Stevia or other extracts to really change the tastes. Try the baking aisle of your grocery store, health stores, ebay or http://www.stevia.com/

Choco-Mint (add Peppermint Stevia/ Peppermint extract)
Rum Chocolate (add Rum extract)
Mint Julep: (Add Spearmint (or Peppermint) to Pink Lemonade)
Chocolate Orange (add Valencia Orange Stevia)
Raspberry Chocolate (add Chocolate Raspberry Stevia)
"Nutella" / "Geisha" Chocolate Hazelnut (add Hazelnut Stevia)
Chocolate Caramel (add English Toffee Stevia)
Chocolate Covered Apricot (add Apricot Nectar Stevia)
Chocolate Arrack (add Arraksarom - Arrack Extract)

vanilla pudding made as a drink with 2 tsp or so of peach mango powder, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and 1/8 tsp sea salt shaken with ice...tastes just like peach cobbler

marshmallow creme with the choc pudding or shake and makes a smoothie kinda..with ice in the blender..he says it makes it creamier.

HOLIDAY HOT TODDIES
Ingredients:
1 Packet IP Drink or Pudding
Water (up to 2 cups / 5 dl / 16oz to taste)
Optional: 1 packet Truvia, Splenda, or other sugar substitute
Spices as listed

Directions:
1. Mix IP Drink or IP Pudding with up to 2 cups of cold water. Blend until no lumps. (I use a blender)
2. Add in Spices (see below) and mix
3. Pour a portion into a microwave safe mug (3/4 full) and heat.

NOTE! Heating may cause the liquid to overflow, so watch carefully, or use a different larger container to heat the liquid and then pour it into your mug.

With the extra water, this makes 3-4 mugs of delicious hot drinks. Heat one drink and save the rest to re-heat and enjoy over the space of a few hours. Really great to bring to work to microwave to get you through the day. All the below suggestions use up to 2 cups water.

NOTE 1:
You can substitute herbal tea or coffee for the water in any of these. For example, using Peppermint tea and vanilla IP Pudding makes a really subtle Hot Vanilla Candy Cane if you don’t want to add peppermint extract. Adding Bengal Spice Tea or Coffee to the Butter Rum recipe makes it a Caramel Chai/ Caramel Coffee. Use your imagination.

Suggestions:
1. PULLA (Finnish Sweet Buns)
IP Vanilla Pudding
1 tsp or more Cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract OR Vanilla seeds from Pod (I use Vanilla seeds and stir the drink with the pod to infuse with more vanilla flavor)
1/2 - 1 tsp cardamom

2. BUTTER RUM
IP Butterscotch Pudding
1 packet Truvia or other sweetener
1/2-1 tsp Rum extract
Optional: Dash of cinnamon

3. GINGERBREAD
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding/ or IP Vanilla Pudding
1/2 - 1 tsp Gingerbread Spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice. Optional: orange peel)

4. PUMPKIN PIE
IP Vanilla Pudding (can also use IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding)
1/2 TB or more Da Vinci/ Torani Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup (The Torani version also has a hint of pumpkin flavor in it which is great)
You can also use Pumpkin Pie spice, but it’s almost identical to Gingerbread spice above.
Optional: 1 packet Truvia or other sweetener (The syrup doesn’t need it. The spice alone does)

5. CANDY CANE
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding / or IP Vanilla Pudding
1/2 - 1 tsp Peppermint extract

6. MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more cinnamon
1/4 - 1/2 tsp hot chili (I use Indian chili powder)
Optional: Nutmeg or cardamom
(I don't use sweetener on this to keep the chocolate a bit bitter)

7. NUTELLA
IP Chocolate Drink / IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more Da Vinci / Torani Sugar-Free Hazelnut Syrup
or
1 tsp Almond or Hazelnut extract

8. BOUNTY (Chocolate Coconut)
IP Chocolate Drink/ IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp or more Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup

9. CHRISTMAS ORANGE
IP Chocolate Drink / IP Chocolate Pudding
1 tsp Orange extract (or 1-2 drops Valencia Orange Stevia liquid)

10. LEMON POPPY SEED
IP Lemon Pudding
1 tsp Poppy Seeds
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cinnamon

Root Beer float
Ingredients:
1 Package IP Vanilla Pudding
2 tsp Root Beer Extract
1 Package Sweetener (like Truvia/ Splenda)
3-4 ice cubes
Up to 2 cups cold water
Optional: 1 oz milk (if you don’t use in your morning coffee)

Directions:
1. In a blender, add up to 2 cups cold water
2. If using the 1 oz milk, add that as well
3. Add in 2 tsp Root Beer Extract
4. Add 1 package sweetener.
5. Blend until smooth
6. Add ice cubes and blend until they are crushed and the shake is thick.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #12  
MOM3GRL

S/C/G: 286/286/170

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning all! Yep, I am a newbie and on day 2! So far, so good. I have not tried the soup packets yet. Does anyone have a preference for the soup flavors? Are they good? I am not a soup fan in general and I do not have a microwave at home. Was just wondering how you all handle them.

Also, my plan for the day - I have my snack bag of "whoppers" that I will use if my hunger overwhelms me, otherwise I am going to have my shake for lunch with a salad from Wendys (yes, I am picking out all the non-plan stuff). I have to get out of the office for lunch just to clear my mind and I think one of their salads (sans dressing) will help fulfill some of the veggie requirements.

Have a great day all!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

Remember me? Lol, it feels like it's been forever since I have been able to log on here. We're getting settled back in and I finally have internet again

Since I stopped P1 of IP I have gained about 5lbs, when I weighed in on my scale last Thursday I was 171. However, I started IP full force again and this morning I am actually below my last posted weight. Weighed in this morning at 164.4. My new official WI days will be Tuesday since I'm going tomorrow to meet with a new IP coach and get 'officially' started again. I'm feeling great, tons of energy and I can see the changes to my body already, just from the glycogen stores leaving again. I defiantly put some weight back on in my tummy because that's not nearly as flat as it was, but I know it will come with time. Really hoping to be at goal by June when we go to the beach for a week.

I hope everyone has a great IP day and I look forward to participating again!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
What a wonderful, exciting time for you! I think we all are loving your journey!

Last edited by Sewmam; 04-23-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Good Morning All

I didn't like most of the puddings or drinks either, but then I started combining them with the ready-made vanilla shake and it made a big difference - plus I diluted it with another cup of water and poured over ice. It makes two servings, so you just keep one for later.
Closed Thread