Old 01-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Plateau

HELP!!! Have any of you experienced a plateau? I have been on this diet since November and now I have been stuck at the same weight for two weeks. I never cheated since I started and I am so frustrated!! I do everything that is asked: water, veggies etc. I am this close to having a cheat day to see what happens BUT I am too scared. lol Any input would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
snolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #2  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

I've read that they suggest switching your dinner with your lunch. I would NOT knock yourself out of ketosis at all lol.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

I hit a plateau after loosing 15lbs and the scale would not move so my coach asked me to go back to week 1 and have no restricted items for the week. SO I was basically on packets no bars no cereals or oatmeal. Bascially all the restricted items were out of the list and lo and behold the scale moved.

If that doesnt work then we can try other options. But dont cheat
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

List what you eat in a day so we can maybe figure out what is going on if you don't mind
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
HELP!!! Have any of you experienced a plateau? I have been on this diet since November and now I have been stuck at the same weight for two weeks. I never cheated since I started and I am so frustrated!! I do everything that is asked: water, veggies etc. I am this close to having a cheat day to see what happens BUT I am too scared. lol Any input would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
Have you been at your current weight before for some time? Sometimes our bodies gets stuck at a certain weight we have weighed before and it can take a couple of weeks to get past that set point. I know it happened to my daughter recently too. She was beyond frustrated, but our coach told her to hang in there and sure enough the 3rd week the scale started moving again. This diet is just about impossible not to lose weight on as it's just not enough calories to maintain. Don't cheat as it really won't help in the long run and will instead just put you behind as it will kick you out of ketosis. Have you started to exercise where you weren't before? That can also be an issue.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #6  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
I've read that they suggest switching your dinner with your lunch. I would NOT knock yourself out of ketosis at all lol.
You can try this for 2 days. But I wouldn't go beyond that. You need the slow release protein of meat/fish to sustain you through the night. But 2 days might help. Usually takes that long for your body to catch up with a change.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #7  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
You can try this for 2 days. But I wouldn't go beyond that. You need the slow release protein of meat/fish to sustain you through the night. But 2 days might help. Usually takes that long for your body to catch up with a change.
Okay lol. I haven't had to do anything like this yet, but I was just suggesting for the op.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #8  

Quote:
Wow! I could try this but I always look forward to my dinner. It sounds hard to eat a packet when the rest of the family is eating real food. Thanks for your input!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #9  

Wow, ladies! Thank you very much for all your input! Everything sure makes sense. Definitely worth trying these suggestions. Have a nice evening!!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I think a big reason for a stall is that we get in a rut and stop perparing as much food as we did at the beginning and are actually less than we think we are. At first we are usually pretty careful with measing out the amounts of foods we eat aside from the packets. But it is easy to slack off with this.
My coach suggested to really make sure I was getting a very big salad every day when I stalled.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #11  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
I started about the same time as you. My weight loss slowed down and then went up 2 lbs without cheating! Or at least so I thought! I learned on 3FC that the new rule is WF syrups are limited to 2 T per week! Also, my coach said I could have a little skim milk with coffee. I used "a little" several times during the day over New Years holiday. I also was extremely active swimming, hiking, horseback riding every day. Bottom line I got very stringent with the protocol and cut way back on the skim and WF. The scale went down 5 lbs. So, DON'T CHEAT! It's a waste of time and more frustrating than sticking to it and not dropping because at least you're not gaining.

Review your food and WF products and just wait it out. The scale may move Big Time when it goes again. At least that was my experience and my smallest, tightest blue jeans are baggy this week because of it. I'm so thrilled with IP. Other diets like WW might lose 2 lbs per week but, I can't stick to it. The ketosis helps me stick to the program.

Last edited by sekc14; 01-11-2012 at 06:57 PM.
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #12  
Giniwarrior

S/C/G: 238/178/155

Height: 5'5"

I just hit my longest stall yet! So great thread. I will try being more careful. I honestly dont think I eat enough. Going to try increasing water and cut back on my SF Toranis as well as more veggies. Then cross my fingers just for good luck:-)
Giniwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #13  
In control!

S/C/G: 132.5/125/110

Height: 5'2

I just hit a plateau as well in my third week. I went up a pound! Am thinking it might be PMS, as my coach said the water retention can certainly contribute to this. Will try to keep going through it and trust that the scale will move again this coming week!
cheetohsaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 288(WLS)/160/150

Height: 5' 6.25"

Best thing to do is stay off the scale at home as much as possible. Keep your eye on your goal - short and long term. The scale is not always the best measure of success. Hang in there!
terrid61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
I have been loosing slowly and maybe this is the reason I am stuck. I eat my big meal at noon and then a salad and protein pack for dinner. I wait until 8PM to eat my pudding. I think I will switch and see what happens.
Thanks!
pegv is offline   Reply With Quote