Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #16  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

It's crazy how most people had a horrible day 3 because I feel better today than I've felt all week LOL. Thankfully of course! I even woke up a little earlier than usual, woke up in a good mood & wasn't even that hungry. I was starvingggggg last night, but I'm all good right now. I need to get my shake in & vitamins, along with some water; but so far so good! Hopefully it will only get better! Staying positive
Old 01-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! I am feeling much better today, after several days back OP since my Christmas week of bad eating. Reading y'all's posts helps me so much, both the positive and the negative, so I know I'm not going thru this alone!

I purged my closet of all my 2x and 3x clothes yesterday. It felt sooooo good! But I was afraid I'd have to go shopping, because I didn't have very many casual shirts in the 1X size. But then I discovered 3 shirts hanging in my closet that I haven't worn in YEARS and I tried them on, and bingo! That's the kind of NSV that makes me sooooo happy. It blows my mind to think that next month I could be in a Large size! Then I really will have to do some shopping. I don't have anything below a 1X!

Backdrop - Be really careful about your inner thoughts like wondering if you're "cut out" to get to a healthy weight. Of course you are! You are really no different than any of us on this plan, and you deserve to lose the weight just as much as any one else. You even have a great advantage, because you're so much younger than the most of us! But if you tell yourself over and over again that you're not cut out for it, or don't deserve it, then you WILL sabotage yourself. This plan really works and you can do it!

Have a wonderful OP day everyone! Congratulation on all the losses! Keep going every one, we can do this!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #18  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Has anyone done the cleanse for week 6? My coach said I should do it next week--I would like to know what to expect. Any advice?
Personally I would save my 60.00. If you are having constipation issues there are a lot cheeper ways out there to deal with it. I bought some stuff at my local health food store that is all natural, works like a charm when I feel the need to take it and cost only a small fraction of 60.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood View Post
What is the cleanse?

No loss for me this week, but still going strong! Like I told a friend the other day - I don't care if this stuff tastes like a sweaty gym sock, I am NOT stopping!
Some clinics suggest taking these cleansing pills at the 6 week mark. The package cost 60.00. My .02 cents is they are a waste of money. Lakewood I like your friend's attitude, but fortunately the food does generally taste better than a sweaty gym sock. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezD View Post
So today I fit into the pants that I thought would never fit. I tried them on just to see how close I was.....and they fit!! I couldn't be more happy with the way this diet works. I have been on Ideal Protein since mid September and if you told me that just 4 months later I would have lost all the weight it took me 6.5 years to gain, I would have laughed.
You look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
It's crazy how most people had a horrible day 3 because I feel better today than I've felt all week LOL. Thankfully of course! I even woke up a little earlier than usual, woke up in a good mood & wasn't even that hungry. I was starvingggggg last night, but I'm all good right now. I need to get my shake in & vitamins, along with some water; but so far so good! Hopefully it will only get better! Staying positive
Sounds like you are in ketosis. Next comes the nasty breath - keep some sugar free mints handy.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #19  
IP start Jan 3, 2012

S/C/G: 236/224.0/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Sounds like you are in ketosis. Next comes the nasty breath - keep some sugar free mints handy.
I was just going to ask if anyone noticed that about 3-4 days after they went into ketosis they had horrid breath. Dang I am so self conscious. Just been chewing a couple of pieces of sugar free gum a day but hopefully it passes.

WI #1= -8.6 lbs and start of TOM. I think I have never felt better. I worked 4 12-hr nights in a row this weekend and normally I am dragging by night 3, but I tons of energy and never felt hungry. I actuallly almost forgot to drink a shake one night!

It looks like everyone is doing really great!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #20  
INACTIVE

Thanks for the advice, I haven't had any problems going (one time in the first week and mag citrate cured that), and at my clinic it is $75. My coach said there are benefits for the liver and kidneys and that it will release any stored toxins that might still be hanging around. Personally, I don't look forward to taking any laxatives and I would guess that it would entail drinking even more water, which isn't easy. So, hopefully I can say no and that will be the end of it.
The ketosis breath is really making me self conscious! I carry cherry and orange tic tacs everywhere. 0/0/0! Some of the flavors aren't, though, so check the tiny print on the label first
Old 01-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #21  
Time to take care of me!

S/C/G: 164/ See tracker :)

Height: 5'0"

Hello IPers!!! I've been away from the forum for a while, but I feel I need to come back to get some strength and support. It's been a **** of a week at work last week, and other than breakfast, I couldn't get any of my meals on time As a matter of fact....I skipped some of my veggies....and supplements. I have been stressed to the max from Thursday to Monday...all those days my eating times were totally off, not enough water....BUT...at least I can say I didn't cheat or eat anything off program.
Also proud to say I went out for dinner to the Cheesecake Factory, I had an appetizer of mushrooms sautéed in soy sauce. For my main meal Grilled Salmon, with steamed broccoli, and in place of mashed potatoes, I asked for a side of spinach...After being OP for a while I feel I can pretty much eyeball my 8oz of protein and 2 cups of veggies...
I've had quite a few NSV in these past 2 weeks. People are constantly noticing that I lost weight, and I had to pull out a box out of the basement with old work uniforms, because my tops and pants were way to baggy!!!! That box, my fiancé was ready to get rid of about 1 year ago, because some of my scrub tops are unique, I begged him not to throw them out, that I would lose weight and get back into them...guess what I fit in all of them
Going for my WI today...Unofficially my scale at home says 135...let's see how accurate this is!
Good luck to all WI today, and let's keep going! ::
Old 01-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #22  
IP start Jan 3, 2012

S/C/G: 236/224.0/150

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishHeart View Post
I purged my closet of all my 2x and 3x clothes yesterday. It felt sooooo good! But I was afraid I'd have to go shopping, because I didn't have very many casual shirts in the 1X size. But then I discovered 3 shirts hanging in my closet that I haven't worn in YEARS and I tried them on, and bingo! That's the kind of NSV that makes me sooooo happy. It blows my mind to think that next month I could be in a Large size! Then I really will have to do some shopping. I don't have anything below a 1X!
Yay!!! I can't wait to go shopping in my storage boxes. Good job!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #23  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

So here I am again... Made it to goal in 6 mos. Lost 50 pounds and IP Maintenance is so fun! But alas, along came the holidays and sooo many parties and celebrating and fun and FOOD FOOD FOOD. Long and short of it, I gained 15 pounds back and begin today the return to ketosis. I am re-setting my goal to 10 lower than my original. I turned 60 in December and am so pleased that even us oldies can lose and then maintain. Smile. Happy Wednesday to all.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #24  
Started IP 10/13/11

Morning again !

Had #12 WI and lost 4.0 - total of 34,,,, next week I will join the onehundred club !
Old 01-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #25  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

OMGosh-another learning curve! Could it be a a a a Truffle Muffin?
Just found out I am going on a 16 hour drive tomorrow and staying out of state for 4 days then 16 hour drive back. I usually weigh in on saturday so I will not only miss my weigh in but also getting my packets (she is an hour the opposite way). So this morning I was looking at what I had to maximize and plan everything out and to use today what I normally wouldn't to make my trip easier and picked the chocolate pancake mix (I had two of them actually from the beginning). So I am looking at it and because the instructions are always so close to the bottom I never noticed the muffin recipe on it before (the thought of a choc pancake doesn't do anything for me but a muffin-ok. Funny how the shape of something can change and make it OK). Those instructions curl around the bottom-couldn't see them.
Anyway, I make it with not quite 2oz of water, wipe the tins-two of them with Pam and put it in the oven at 350 for 7 min since it was two and not one. Standing there waiting looking around my kitchen and there were two packets there one opened that I used one that I should have put back that I was thinking of using. Well you all know what happened!!
My muffins turned out to be chocolate drink mix! When I was making them I was thinking "man, this looks just like brownie frosting, why bake them?" I just let them go...
I opened the oven after 7 minutes and you know they didn't look bad, they raised a bit and were uniform. I stuck a toothpick in and I thought "mmm TRUFFLES!" I put them back in for 2 more minutes then took them out. I ate one already while typing this. Not bad. Had I known I would have added a little sweetner and taken them out at 7 minutes to keep that truffle thing going on LOL. It's still there but not as much.
Well, back to my trip. I am going to take the CHOCOLATE PANCAKE packets and make muffins and have those ready as one of my packets that I can use up tomorrow or friday to have those out of my way.
Hope everyone has a great day and weekend coming up.
Reg
Old 01-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #26  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebaby View Post
OMGosh-another learning curve! Could it be a a a a Truffle Muffin?
I will try that tonight! Just bought a whole box of chocolate drink for evening non-restricted snack. I was going to just do cocoa, but truffles sound great! Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone else get heartburn from the omega-3 and anti-oxy when taken together? It's like my throat and chest are on fire!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #27  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuck View Post
I was just going to ask if anyone noticed that about 3-4 days after they went into ketosis they had horrid breath. Dang I am so self conscious. Just been chewing a couple of pieces of sugar free gum a day but hopefully it passes.

WI #1= -8.6 lbs and start of TOM. I think I have never felt better. I worked 4 12-hr nights in a row this weekend and normally I am dragging by night 3, but I tons of energy and never felt hungry. I actuallly almost forgot to drink a shake one night!

It looks like everyone is doing really great!
For me the horrid breath and waking up earlier are always my first clue that I'm in ketosis. Thankfully the breath issue does get better.

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, I haven't had any problems going (one time in the first week and mag citrate cured that), and at my clinic it is $75. My coach said there are benefits for the liver and kidneys and that it will release any stored toxins that might still be hanging around. Personally, I don't look forward to taking any laxatives and I would guess that it would entail drinking even more water, which isn't easy. So, hopefully I can say no and that will be the end of it.
You don't need to spend 75.00 for that. My gastroenterologist said the body naturally takes care of itself. And if not there are some much cheaper natural ways to keep your liver and kidney healthy.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 209/209/170

[QUOTE=
All I can think of is how ready I am to be less than 200 pounds. I've never been under that weight; well under 206 (even with running 45 minutes straight every day and eating right). I just wonder if I'm cut out to get to that point. =/[/QUOTE]

I can totally relate to this. My husband could never understand why I didn't lose weight when I ate healthy (lots of veggies) and exercised. I am hoping this program resets my system. My goal is to lose my weight and then maintain it through proper diet and exercise.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 197/173/150

Good Morning, I will have a WI tonight after work. According to my home scale I am down approx 6 lbs this week (1st wee back from a 2 week break for the holidays).. Feeling great already though!

I ordered some miracle noodles from amazon.com.. got 6 packages for 15.00 which is much cheaper then what my IP Coach is selling them for. Excited to try them out in some beef/broccoli stir fry tonight!

Have a great wednesday~~
Old 01-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #30  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I will try that tonight! Just bought a whole box of chocolate drink for evening non-restricted snack. I was going to just do cocoa, but truffles sound great! Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone else get heartburn from the omega-3 and anti-oxy when taken together? It's like my throat and chest are on fire!
Try this: Don't take them together; don't take them unless you've eaten; trade out the fish oil for krill oil.
Closed Thread