Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #136  

S/C/G: S 242 / C 226 / G 180

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Did your coach tell the wonderful relief that comes from a dill pickle... It can change a crippling temptation into a victory moment!
No, unfortunately the coach just handed me papers and that was about it. I will try the dill pickle tomorrow! THANKS!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #137  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Lisa, just wondering how in the world you have managed to stay honest all these months. I did so good when I was"on" but am getting sick of chopping veggies, am tired f the hot teas I used to like- am getting pretty sick of the packets too. I bet you are thinking whawhawha! any new tricks or tips that you can pass on and honestly, have you burned yourself out on anything yet? So many things I used to love eating/ drinking, I cannot stand anymore!
I guess I just try different things to keep a variety. I usually get the same IP foods and just add the flavorings in it. Vanilla shake or pudding has become a staple for me. I will add Orange Mio, Black cherry, WF Strawberry, WF chocolate or Caramel syrup, Divincy syrups (Khaula, coconut, peppermint, just to name a few). Apple cinnamon is also a staple, I just LOVE those and how many you get in a packet. I have them for breakfast every morning with 2 cups of coffee. I switch out with the chocolate drink or the cappachino every other week. But those are really the only ones I get. I have to buy by the box so I guess I have just gotten used of these and I can experiment with them

As far as veggies go, me and cucumbers have a date EVERY DAY for lunch....lol...sometimes I spear them with sea salt, sprinkle splenda on it, mix olive oil, mrs dash, red pepper flakes, dried onion flakes, rice wine vinegar, I am always finding different ways to eat it so it never tastes the same. Cabbage for me goes a long ways, I roast it, smoother it, stir fry it, put splenda on it with olive oil with mrs dash. If I do the cauliflower, I will make cauliflower rice, mashed tators then add the Land o lakes sprinkles.

Keep changing things up makes a difference. As far as Teas go well I have about 10 different types in the pantry. I am always mixing and playing with those as well. There is nothing that I have tried that I haven't liked yet when I am experimenting.

IP FOODS...I do not like ANY of the soups (not a soup person), don't really care for any of the "chips". Love all of the bars except the chocolate covered chocolate one (too much chocolate). Love the oatmeal, never really tried the pancakes or the crepes and I dont' too much care for the eggs. I like all of the puddings I prefer the dark chocolate over the milk chocolate.

Well I hope this helps a little, sorry its such a long post!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #138  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Try adding a packet of splenda, makes a world of difference

Yes, you can, it comes with a kraft to put your oils in with the seasonings

No nuts are allowed and yes we can have soy sauce just watch the sugar and sodium in them. Get the one with the lowest of course

Welcome to a great group of people. We or someone WILL ALWAYS be here to help you out if you have a question. Never be afraid to ask because someone else might want to ask it but it too afraid to post

Today My clinic had the NEW LEMON puffs!!....they are coats like the chocolate and peanut butter ones. They are good but I still like my apple cinnamon, there is MORE in the apple cinnamon puffs than there are in the others. Bigger bags as well
Check carefully on the Good Seasons with the carafe... The Italian flavor packet contains sugar! EEK!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
Check carefully on the Good Seasons with the carafe... The Italian flavor packet contains sugar! EEK!
Thanks for the heads up, personally I don't use . I just make my own
Old 01-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Made some meatloaf tonight from a fellow chicks recipe suggestion. My husband and all my kids loved it. My MIL hated it. She kept telling me I needed to add some bread crumbs or crackers and it needed more seasning and a topping with ketchup and brown sugar. Hello!!!!! I know how to make an off program meatloaf that isn't that great for us but I am staying to stay OP. Then she told me a little fat and butter wouldn't hurt me. I was being too strict. *Sigh* I just politely told her that there is no room for cheating on this plan and I was happy with results thus far so I thought I would continue with my current plan. Glad that my hubby and kids liked it though, they told me to make it again.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Wuv/Lisa-
Thanks for the ideas. Will definitely try some. I don't know why I haven't tried the roasted cauliflower into mashed potato's yet but I need to. One thing that I have tried recently that I like for supper it to roast a eggplant for an hour and then peel the skin off and mix with cooked crumbled hamburger- I have probably eated a ton literally of hamburger with steamed cabbage and much to my surprise, I am getting sick of that combo. The eggplant is a very nice change of pace.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Wuv/Lisa-
Thanks for the ideas. Will definitely try some. I don't know why I haven't tried the roasted cauliflower into mashed potato's yet but I need to. One thing that I have tried recently that I like for supper it to roast a eggplant for an hour and then peel the skin off and mix with cooked crumbled hamburger- I have probably eated a ton literally of hamburger with steamed cabbage and much to my surprise, I am getting sick of that combo. The eggplant is a very nice change of pace.
I will have to try the eggplant/hamburger combo. Thanks for the idea. If you like the mashed potatoes let me know because mine were awful! I don't know if I just am too used to the "real thing" or what. LOL.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #143  

Quote:
Wuv/Lisa-
Take that combination and put it in a bell pepper....VIOLA...stuffed bell pepper
Old 01-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 232.5/208.8/175.0

Height: 5'9"

Just finishing day 5, tomorrow I get to start planning what meals to get Friday at weigh in. I got a sample set when I started. I definatly have some I like (Chocolate drink, raspberry jelly) and some I hate (soup, egg, etc). I was wondering what people thought of the lemon pudding?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #145  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

I made it through day 6 and I'm sooo grateful that my day is almost over. I was extremely hungry today and I don't know if I 'm going to be able to do this whole Ideal Protein purchase. I've been thinking of alternatives because it might be less expensive. Both my husband and I have been doing this and I can certainly tell a difference in our size of our stomachs. I don't know what our actual weight loss is yet though. I'm hopeful it will be significant so my husband stays on this protocol. I need help in not being so hungry during the day. I have the shake/coffee mixture which is yummy. Then salad with cucumbers/celery for lunch and ideal protein soup and a normal dinner in line with the protocol. I also have a snack before dinner from the ideal protein arsenal and tea throughout the day, but there are moments that I'm starving. Usually between 2-5pm...
Old 01-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

Hot tea, coffee, or even just a leaf of lettuce should help with the hunger. That's what I've been doing! I'm spending very little on this diet and I'm just making the best of what I have. I'm DEFINITELY going to invest in some items to nibble at in case of hunger come Friday. Times when I pull all-nighters like I am right now are just not easy to make through without eating a part of the next day/today's food. x[ I ate two slices of black forest ham so that I could stay up and finish cleaning. I'm not sure if that's okay to eat, but it was better than me going for a whole bowl of pasta. I'm glad I started this diet when I did, because now I know what my next week's shopping list should look like.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #147  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealpromom View Post
Morning again !

Had #12 WI and lost 4.0 - total of 34,,,, next week I will join the onehundred club !
YAY YOU!!!! WTG!!! I am so excited every time I hear of a pound lost!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:30 AM   #148  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskastarr View Post
I made it through day 6 and I'm sooo grateful that my day is almost over. I was extremely hungry today and I don't know if I 'm going to be able to do this whole Ideal Protein purchase. I've been thinking of alternatives because it might be less expensive. Both my husband and I have been doing this and I can certainly tell a difference in our size of our stomachs. I don't know what our actual weight loss is yet though. I'm hopeful it will be significant so my husband stays on this protocol. I need help in not being so hungry during the day. I have the shake/coffee mixture which is yummy. Then salad with cucumbers/celery for lunch and ideal protein soup and a normal dinner in line with the protocol. I also have a snack before dinner from the ideal protein arsenal and tea throughout the day, but there are moments that I'm starving. Usually between 2-5pm...
Well, that was yesterday; today is today. Please don't judge the whole plan by how you felt on just one day. This is for fife. On a purely practical level, celery and cucumbers have very little nutrition compared to the colored vegetables. I hope you're eating some leafy greens, as suggested. And if you're really hungry, eat something, chew on something, to get you through. More protein will NOT hurt you.

Last edited by Linden; 01-12-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:31 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Add some salt to your day, lick some, put some in your water...your BP might be low or your electrolytes. When I get that way I lick my salt!!! hope you feel better!
Yay! The salt totally did the trick, thanks a million. My BP typically runs low so I think that was it.
Closed Thread