Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #151  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
What day are you on? I am on day 5 and have not felt bad at all. A little hungry at times and a bit of a head ache once in a while but that's it. Hopefully we will be those people who don't get sick or feel bad from the program.
If you are still not having many symptoms by day 5 I would guess you are home free. You are just one of the lucky ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Day 2 is done!
Today wasn't as bad of a "feeling" day, but mainly just a mmmm I want bread & pizza kind of day meh.

I'm almost thinking maybe the bars are just making me more hungry rather than helping. meep!

Also, is 924 calories too many for 1 day?
Just follow the program and you really won't have to worry about the calories at all. I've heard the average calorie count is around 800 to 900 calories per day, so you're good.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
So random question ~ I have had two c sections and I am wondering if the flop over "gut" will go away while on the program or will I have to do some major areobic work after I meet goal? Any thoughts or people that have experience with this?
I like to fondly call it the "apron." Stomach crunches and weight loss hopefully will help. Walking is good, strength training is better if you want to tone the area. I've had a c-section too and a lot more weight to loose than you so I doubt mine will go away. However I'm doing all that I can to hopefully help it along somewhat.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I like to fondly call it the "apron." Stomach crunches and weight loss hopefully will help. Walking is good, strength training is better if you want to tone the area. I've had a c-section too and a lot more weight to loose than you so I doubt mine will go away. However I'm doing all that I can to hopefully help it along somewhat.
Phase 1 ~ didn't think we were supposed to exercise as to not use our calories. Is it okay to do sit ups and a mild aerobic program?
Old 01-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #154  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who had losses and NSV's. Had my weigh in today and I had a 3lbs loss. Tomorrow it will be 3 months since I started IP and I have lost a total of 48 pounds so far. This program has been the best thing that has happened to me, I am much healthier because of it. Keep up the great work everyone and have a great week and remember DO NOT CHEAT, it's not worth it!!!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #155  

Height: 5' 4.5"

Tomorrow is weigh in #2 for me! Hoping I do well. Unfortunately, I had to go on prednisone and antibiotics today for walking pneumonia. I've also got prescription cough syrup....hope the sugar doesn't throw me off...Am I getting too obsessive worrying about the cough syrup? Actually, I hope the meds don't mess my weight loss up too!

Blessings to you all out there! Sure appreciate this forum!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #156  

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Hi everyone! Congratulations to everyone who had losses and NSV's. Had my weigh in today and I had a 3lbs loss. Tomorrow it will be 3 months since I started IP and I have lost a total of 48 pounds so far. This program has been the best thing that has happened to me, I am much healthier because of it. Keep up the great work everyone and have a great week and remember DO NOT CHEAT, it's not worth it!!!!!
Congrats! What an encouragement to hear how well you have done!! I want this weight OFF!!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
Phase 1 ~ didn't think we were supposed to exercise as to not use our calories. Is it okay to do sit ups and a mild aerobic program?
You can exercise, just make sure you eat protein before and after you workout. Also keep the cardio and strength training on the lighter side (under an hour).
Old 01-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #158  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmayhem View Post
Happy to say my WI in this morning went well! Down another 3.1lbs!

I keep hoping to see a HUGE loss (4lbs+) but I'm definitely not complaining with 3lbs a week! And today, I'm officially in the 180s! Woo!

5 weeks on this diet and I am down 17lbs. I couldn't have done this well on my own, that's for sure!

I also had a NSV last night - I got a dress from Express that's a MEDIUM! I'm NEVER a medium haha!
Ohhh the 180's!!! That's great! Any loss is a great loss I say!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #159  
C'est la vie...

I started the protocol 5 days ago today and it hasn't been easy, but I had to go to the doctor today for something and I was sooo excited when I weighed in at 195!!! I had no idea how easy this would be...easy in that last year I tried a different way of eating and I lost about 4 pounds in 5 weeks with very restricted calories and lots of exercise and this is such a different mindset. I'm very glad I found this forum as it helps to read all the positive things going on out there with all of you!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #160  
C'est la vie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Oh, and I almost forgot, big NSV for me today!! This morning I pulled my freshly washed jeans out of the drawer and not only did I NOT have to do the Dryer Jean Jiggle to get them on, but when I had them on I actually felt sexy in them. It's been a long time since I felt sexy in my jeans
That's GREAT!!! gotta love that sexy feeling. I rarely wear jeans just for that reason. You totally made me laugh with the whole Dryer Jean Jiggle thing because I have never heard that expression before
Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #161  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki4me View Post
on prednisone and antibiotics today for walking pneumonia. I've also got prescription cough syrup....hope the sugar doesn't throw me off...Am I getting too obsessive worrying about the cough syrup? Actually, I hope the meds don't mess my weight loss up too!

Blessings to you all out there! Sure appreciate this forum!
Ask the pharmacist for a sugar free substitute. And be prepared to gain a little form the prednisone. On the other hand, it's worth it to get well -- which I sincerely hope you do, quickly.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #162  

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Marcella, try stir frying lettuce with a little soy sauce. when I was hungry I threw extra lettuce in a stir fry pan, it helped a lot.

p.s. my mom's name was Marcella, you don't see that name too often.

good luck and try not eating the bars. it went to 21 with the last post.
I love the bars and actually after I have one I am fine, it cuts down the hunger. I have it after school is done between 3 and 4 depending how hungry I get. I am use to eating bars because I usually eat protein shakes and bars even before I started IP.
My background is Italian and yes it is not that popular here also. LOL
Thanks for the tips.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #163  

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

I have a bit of a concern and only because I know my body and the past experiences. I know I should not do this but I do weigh myself every morning. I'm sorry but it truly keeps me motivated. When I began the first two days I lost two lbs each day, then the next two days I lost l lb a day. Then stopped and today is day 7. I'm getting nervous because this happens to me all the time with other dieting attempts. I am following to the "T"!! Have not put in a crumb that I am not suppose to in my mouth. Does this usually happen?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #164  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcella View Post
I have a bit of a concern and only because I know my body and the past experiences. I know I should not do this but I do weigh myself every morning. I'm sorry but it truly keeps me motivated. When I began the first two days I lost two lbs each day, then the next two days I lost l lb a day. Then stopped and today is day 7. I'm getting nervous because this happens to me all the time with other dieting attempts. I am following to the "T"!! Have not put in a crumb that I am not suppose to in my mouth. Does this usually happen?
Just keep following the diet and don't weigh yourself every day. Once a week is all you need. Your weight can fluctuate from day to day or even within a day depending on a variety of factors. The other day I weighed myself four or five times during one day just for kicks, and my weight fluctuated four or five pounds. You won't be losing a pound or more a day for the entire diet. Right now, I'm losing a little more than 3 pounds per week, so if I weighed every morning, the scale wouldn't be moving every day. Just stick with the program, and the weight will come off!!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #165  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Marcella,

good luck and try not eating the bars.
Why do you say, "try not eating the bars"? Is it because it was so late in her day, close to bedtime?
Closed Thread