Old 01-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #76  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie64 View Post
Wuv,
I know that some where I have seen it posted maybe by yourself or another experienced IPer but I can seem to find what the daily allowances of carbs,fats, fiber, cal are per day per phase. I am now tracking these as I am anticipating phasing off 1 and headed into 2. But if you could post a link to it or if it is not too much trouble repost here it would be wonderful.
Thanks for all your help and support you give to all of us.
I honestly can't say that I have seen this posted. I know we have had a few discussions about it. You might try asking your question in the experienced thread, They could help you more. I believe the Cal count is between 800-900 a day, carb count I believe is 30 (not 100% sure) the others I don't know....Sorry I could not be more help....I'll look through some of my papers and see what I can find that may be helpful to you. These are the documents I have for Phase 2, there may be newer ones out there but this is what I have
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP Alternative Plan - Phase 2.pdf (200.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: pdf IP Phase 1 _ 2011 revisions (2).pdf (78.4 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 01-22-2012 at 10:29 PM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Alcohol Consumption....

Wayward & Wuv & anybody else....

Please share your experience and/or opinion regarding alcohol consumption.

I have not once cheated on this program! I don't intend to. However, I am curious about the consequences of having a couple of social drinks. I'm not talking about beer or sugar based drinks. What about a shot or two of vodka or gin with some carbonated water and crystal light? Would a couple shots of alcohol be enough to throw you out of ketosis? I was about to do my own research online but thought I could get some great feedback right here, (at home)!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this!

Thank you SO much!
meant2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

I don't think vodka or other hard alcohol will stop ketosis, but it will slow down fat burning as your body uses the alcohol for fuel before fat.

It may also reduce your resolve to stay op.

Last year when I did ip and lost most of my weight (about 22 pounds) I did occasionally imbibe. With so few calories the alcohol seemed to effect me more and I felt worse the next day!

Ip does not support the use of alcohol in phase 1, but it is a personal decision. Just know it might slow things down!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
I don't think vodka or other hard alcohol will stop ketosis, but it will slow down fat burning as your body uses the alcohol for fuel before fat.

It may also reduce your resolve to stay op.

Last year when I did ip and lost most of my weight (about 22 pounds) I did occasionally imbibe. With so few calories the alcohol seemed to effect me more and I felt worse the next day!

Ip does not support the use of alcohol in phase 1, but it is a personal decision. Just know it might slow things down!
Thank! I appreciate your response!
Old 01-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2b View Post
Wayward & Wuv & anybody else....

Please share your experience and/or opinion regarding alcohol consumption.

I have not once cheated on this program! I don't intend to. However, I am curious about the consequences of having a couple of social drinks. I'm not talking about beer or sugar based drinks. What about a shot or two of vodka or gin with some carbonated water and crystal light? Would a couple shots of alcohol be enough to throw you out of ketosis? I was about to do my own research online but thought I could get some great feedback right here, (at home)!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this!

Thank you SO much!
There is a thread about this subject I will see if i can find it. IF you do decide to cheat stick to the clear ones they have no carbs most of them.

I bumped it up for you but here is the link
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...alcohol-2.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...2-alcohol.html

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 01-23-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
There is a thread about this subject I will see if i can find it. IF you do decide to cheat stick to the clear ones they have no carbs most of them.

I bumped it up for you but here is the link
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...alcohol-2.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...2-alcohol.html
Thanks again!!!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

I have been on this diet since November 16th and have lost 11 pounds. I have hypothyroidism and feel fine with this. I have been putting my food intake in for over a week and wondered if I am not getting enough calories. I average between 500 and 650 per day but feel fine at the end of the day. My coach thought maybe I wasn't eating enough and this is why the slow weight loss. I just have been blaming it on my thyroid. Does anyone else have the same problem? Thanks for your help!
pegv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
I have been on this diet since November 16th and have lost 11 pounds. I have hypothyroidism and feel fine with this. I have been putting my food intake in for over a week and wondered if I am not getting enough calories. I average between 500 and 650 per day but feel fine at the end of the day. My coach thought maybe I wasn't eating enough and this is why the slow weight loss. I just have been blaming it on my thyroid. Does anyone else have the same problem? Thanks for your help!
OH MY!!!!....girl you need MORE FOOD!!!!....you should be getting 800-900 cals a day!!!....list for me what you eat in a day and we will see where we can help you. I am hypo as well, you are NOT eating enough!!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #84  

Thanks for your help, I have been told by my doctor that it is normal to not to lose weight easily with thyroid problems. Below is what I normally eat most every day.

Breakfast- IP Omelet with 1 teaspoon bacon bits
Coffee- 2 cups with capfull of miralax

Snack 10AM- Green Tea with 1 tea. Splenda

Lunch- Grilled Hamburger Patty 95% lean (I use my George Forman)
Grilled Zuchhini with season salt and spray butter
Salad with olive oil, cucumber, tomato, sea salt

Dinner- IP packet (varies)
Salad with cucumber

Snack- 8PM IP Pudding

Water- 4 glasses + 2 bottles of 32 oz. Non Carbonated Water Refreshers
Old 01-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #85  

Quote:
Thanks for your help, I have been told by my doctor that it is normal to not to lose weight easily with thyroid problems. Below is what I normally eat most every day.

Breakfast- IP Omelet with 1 teaspoon bacon bits
Coffee- 2 cups with capfull of miralax

Snack 10AM- Green Tea with 1 tea. Splenda

Lunch- Grilled Hamburger Patty 95% lean (I use my George Forman)
Grilled Zuchhini with season salt and spray butter
Salad with olive oil, cucumber, tomato, sea salt

Dinner- IP packet (varies)
Salad with cucumber

Snack- 8PM IP Pudding

Water- 4 glasses + 2 bottles of 32 oz. Non Carbonated Water Refreshers
I have averaged over the last 37 weeks 3.2lbs a week, are you on medication for your thyroid? Here are a few suggestions I would do and also have a few questions
1. Not eat a tomato every day, only eat it twice a week since it is an occasional veggie.
2. how many oz is your hamburger? is it at least 8oz? If you are eating a hamburger everyday, you need to start switching it with chicken or fish. Your body is becoming accustomed to it. Sometimes you have to switch things up to "trick" your body.
3. are you getting all 4 cups of your veggies in? Make sure you are getting that in for sure.
4. are you not having a restricted packet? Having one will increase your calories and your protein.
5. I would add a few more glasses of water since you are drinking 2 cups of coffee in the morning.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #86  

Yes, I am on 75 MCG of levothyroxin. This has been lowered twice last year by my endo and have just went for more tests last Friday to see if she needs to lower it again. I have tried to stay away from the restricted IP food because the carbs are so much higher. My hamburger is aprox 5 oz. and no I am not getting in my vegetables. I eat them at lunch and thats it. I would say aprox. 2 cups with my cucumber in my salad. If I have brocoli, I use that in my omelet for breakfast. I will try and switch my protein, it's just much easier doing the same thing every day.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #87  

Quote:
Yes, I am on 75 MCG of levothyroxin. This has been lowered twice last year by my endo and have just went for more tests last Friday to see if she needs to lower it again. I have tried to stay away from the restricted IP food because the carbs are so much higher. My hamburger is aprox 5 oz. and no I am not getting in my vegetables. I eat them at lunch and thats it. I would say aprox. 2 cups with my cucumber in my salad. If I have brocoli, I use that in my omelet for breakfast. I will try and switch my protein, it's just much easier doing the same thing every day.
You NEED TO EAT MORE!!!!...it is VERY IMPORTANT that you eat ALL 4 cups of veggies and Up your hamburger to 8oz. Your body is going into starvation mode and holding on to the fat. You need those carbs in the restricted, don't try to cut back on anything this causes your losses to be smaller. The program is DESIGNED to have what is on that sheet, in order for it to work at its potential it has to be followed EXACTLY to a "T" or you will have very small to no losses at all. I am currently on 2.0 of the levothyroxin. I was without my meds for the month of December so when I got my blood drawn my level was 190 and its suppose to be at 2. I go back in a month for another blood test.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #88  

Thanks Wuv for your help. I looked back on when I had a 2 pound loss and I had more food intake for that week. I will try and add more veggies and see what my weigh in will be next week. I didn't have any loss this week and only 1/4 inch loss in my arms.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #89  

Quote:
Thanks Wuv for your help. I looked back on when I had a 2 pound loss and I had more food intake for that week. I will try and add more veggies and see what my weigh in will be next week. I didn't have any loss this week and only 1/4 inch loss in my arms.
Good luck on your next WI, You will see if you eat ALL that you are suppose too your losses will be better
Old 01-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Make sure you get the restricted in. Sometimes people think they will do better by cutting back by what is on the sheet but it backfires big time. The plan is very carefully balanced.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote