IP Daily Chat Monday 1/9/12

You're on Page 1 of 12
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
  • Good Morning/Good Evening

I am up so I thought I might post. Does anyone have trouble sleeping? I have not slept one solid night since starting about 10 days or so ago. Prior, I used to sleep 8 undisturbed hours every night. It's usually because I have to get up and go to the bathroom but it makes the days a little hard because I am already tired from the diet.

That being said, today was one of the best days since I started. Wasn't grumpy or hungry or tired. And oh my, we had that Big Mac in a Bowl. I can't remember the last time I had a Big Mac but I enjoyed every bite even with the pickles. 2 all beef patties, special sauce,...., lettuce

Does anyone know how to make muffins/cake out of the pancakes?

And are the Orange pancake good? Thinking of trying that next.

Have a wonderful Monday and Good Morning/Good Night.

Tried Mio the other day....Yum.
  • Quote: Good Morning/Good Evening

I am up so I thought I might post. Does anyone have trouble sleeping? I have not slept one solid night since starting about 10 days or so ago. Prior, I used to sleep 8 undisturbed hours every night. It's usually because I have to get up and go to the bathroom but it makes the days a little hard because I am already tired from the diet.
    I'm still new to the plan and I've had to go so much after all the water! I've tried to get my water in early so I don't have to get up in the middle of the night. So far it's been working. Yay!
  • My coach told me I could have red and yellow peppers as long as I didn't cook them. I didn't get clarification as to why but I've seen posts to the contrary here. What's the verdict?
  • Happy Monday! This is day 6 of my re-start to the plan and I finally feel great. Headache free and ready to get going! I even have that hallow feeling this morning and I am loving it again.

I was told green, yellow, red peppers are all ok = cooked or raw. They are a staple of my diet.

As far as water...I start drinking it when I get up and try to drink about 2/3 (not exactly) of my daily intake before lunch so then I have the rest of the day to 'process' it. I have noticed that now that it's colder I was having trouble drinking cold water so I drink herbal tea throughout the day. The orange/mandarin tea or peach teas are my favorite - and I've gotten used to not sweetening them too. Splenda does have some carbs in it and I'd rather not have them add up throughout the day.

I hope everyone enjoys their day.
  • Quote: I was told green, yellow, red peppers are all ok = cooked or raw. They are a staple of my diet.
    I'm not a veggie person so trying to find every possible 'likeable' veggie is a task. I'm doing better than I thought I would so that's a plus. Of course, I'm still only in my first week. Hopefully, I can just stay on track. This site is really helping. I'm am really inspired to see progress pictures and know that it really does work. There are even people from my community here. Makes me feel like I'm not alone.

I saw some posts over the weekend about people not telling people they're on a diet and I really thought I was crazy when I decided not to tell people. Glad to know I'm not the only one who decided to do that. I have my mom and dad for support but I was worried about skepticism from friends so I just haven't said anything. Also, I know it's kinda selfish but I'm excited to get that wow response from people that I don't see regularly. I've put on this weight and slowly disappeared from outings and gatherings because of how self conscious I was, but I'm tired of sitting in the house and I want to be able to hold my head high again.

P.S. I can't remember now who told me about making cookies from the pudding mix but I need to say thank you!! Thank you, thank you! They totally make the pudding edible for me. I was having a really hard time and this is a relatively easy fix.
  • Good morning all!

First week back was really difficult and im hoping that I NEVER have to do a "first week back" again! The cravings were a killer!!! Anyway, down 4.2 lbs total the first week and looking forward to loosing more.

I have been working out on the treadmill and eliptical machine as I have noticed that I REALLY dont care for my giggly legs right now and was wondering if the gals who do work out on this program add their extra protein pack before or after their work-out? I am finding that I need a little extra something after working out...

Have a great day all!

That being said, today was one of the best days since I started. Wasn't grumpy or hungry or tired. And oh my, we had that Big Mac in a Bowl. I can't remember the last time I had a Big Mac but I enjoyed every bite even with the pickles. 2 all beef patties, special sauce,...., lettuce

I have these you can try

Recipe for Pudding Cookies and S'Mores

Prep is following the pudding cake recipe with some changes:

oven at 375

1 egg white (I think I used slightly more because I have a carton and used 4tbsp and it says 3tbsp is one egg white)
    2 oz water
    fold in pudding packet

on cookie sheet (with wax paper or with pam) spoon (I used a tbsp measure) mixture onto sheet and spread in a flat circle (if you just mound it you will get little puffs)

cook at 350 for 20 to 30 min
    half way through, flip the 'cookies' over and squish down with a spatula (they will puff up during cooking)

They are crispy first out of the oven, but get chewy over time. They keep well tho.

You could make a few of these ahead of time. Bring them in a baggy and when at camping reheat/recrisp by the fire.

Add a touch of WF Marshmallow and WF chocolate and sandwich.

I do have the recipe for the pancake muffins at home.. will try to find it
  • Well I am very happy "!!!! tks again to who recommended the Protein Well site to us Canadians for the shipping costs etc! I ordered 4 boxes on Thur, and by the tracking number, Canada Post indicates the box has arrived in my home town THIS MORNING at 0500hrs! which means I will probably get it today... wow that is fast !!!!!!!!
  • Good Morning! After what seems like forever reseaching & preparing, I am finally starting on IP today!! I am very excited, I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!

FOUND IT !!!

IP puddings into little cakes

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    -In a blender, combine (2) egg whites, (1) t. vanilla and 2 oz. of water. Blend well
    -Pour liquid contents into a bowl, and gently fold in pudding packet. I usually add a little powder, mix it up, add a little more, etc... The final result is a "batter" similar to brownies. And yes, I lick the bowl and spoon
    -To bake, I use (2) small corning ware dishes, you could also make them in a muffin tin, and divide them into (3) equal muffins. I spray the bottom of the dish with Pam so the cakes won't stick.

The cakes will get VERY large while baking, and will deflate when cooling. If you put too much batter into a small baking dish, your cakes will literally explode in the oven. It is VERY important to only fill the baking dish or muffin tin 1/2 way. Which is why you will get 2 small cakes or 3 muffins.

-Bake at 350 for 15-16 minutes. Let cool and enjoy a mini cake.

You can use ANY flavor of pudding for this recipe

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ng-cake-5.html
  • Quote: I saw some posts over the weekend about people not telling people they're on a diet and I really thought I was crazy when I decided not to tell people. Glad to know I'm not the only one who decided to do that.
    If people question what I've been eating, I just tell them I'm on a speal meal plan. They can interpret it to dieting if they like. I had a challenge Saturday when we got together for th FCS Championship game (GO BISON!). Lots of good eats, but I was good and ate my chili, salad and veggies and drank my water. My girlfriends, who completely understand, were very impressed with my will power. It really makes a difference when you are determined to change your lifestyle!

You can do it!
  • WooHoo!!! Did my first WI this morning and I am down 10.8 lbs!! So excited to be just about where I was when I stopped last time again. What an awesome diet, for those of you struggling through the first week just stick with it, no cheating and it will come off. I didn't expect this number but when I weighed in last week it was the perfect storm of TOM, traveling bloat, and water retention to disgust me enough to get started the very next day.

I did after a couple of weeks last time. If you're into supplements at all there's a great one called Melatonin that I take some night when I just can't fall asleep, it really helps. I also bought a Sleepytime Extra Herbal Tea that has something in it that's supposed to relax you. I'm planning on starting to drink that with my evening snack just as a little boost. Check out the recipe thread, there are TONS of great ideas for making different things out of all of the packets. I wish I were a 1/10th as creative as these people because I would never have thought of any of them. And bonus, Finn Steven's recipe thread comes with amazing pictures and I think he reviewed everything he made as well.

Quote: My coach told me I could have red and yellow peppers as long as I didn't cook them. I didn't get clarification as to why but I've seen posts to the contrary here. What's the verdict?
    It's my understanding that all colored peppers are now okay, and as far as I know the only restriction on cooking anything is on the onions because of their natural sugars. I used to sautee them and roast them all the time, add a little soy sauce and they were delicious.

Quote: I'm not a veggie person so trying to find every possible 'likeable' veggie is a task. I'm doing better than I thought I would so that's a plus. Of course, I'm still only in my first week. Hopefully, I can just stay on track. This site is really helping. I'm am really inspired to see progress pictures and know that it really does work. There are even people from my community here. Makes me feel like I'm not alone.

I saw some posts over the weekend about people not telling people they're on a diet and I really thought I was crazy when I decided not to tell people. Glad to know I'm not the only one who decided to do that. I have my mom and dad for support but I was worried about skepticism from friends so I just haven't said anything. Also, I know it's kinda selfish but I'm excited to get that wow response from people that I don't see regularly. I've put on this weight and slowly disappeared from outings and gatherings because of how self conscious I was, but I'm tired of sitting in the house and I want to be able to hold my head high again.

P.S. I can't remember now who told me about making cookies from the pudding mix but I need to say thank you!! Thank you, thank you! They totally make the pudding edible for me. I was having a really hard time and this is a relatively easy fix.
    It's hard for me because I have a lot of friends who I used to eat with regularly and I know that they don't agree with the low carb lifestyle. I have just stopped eating in places like church where I have no control over the food and tell them I've already ate and I'm just keeping an eye on what I'm eating, and that's easier when you cook it at home. It's all true, but sometimes I do feel bad I can't share it with them.

Quote: Good morning all!

First week back was really difficult and im hoping that I NEVER have to do a "first week back" again! The cravings were a killer!!! Anyway, down 4.2 lbs total the first week and looking forward to loosing more.

I have been working out on the treadmill and eliptical machine as I have noticed that I REALLY dont care for my giggly legs right now and was wondering if the gals who do work out on this program add their extra protein pack before or after their work-out? I am finding that I need a little extra something after working out...

Have a great day all!
    Congrats!!! WTG, that's 4.2lbs you'll never have to carry around again. Remember to put your loss in the Valentines Day challenge sheet. I think that those who work out tend to do 1/2 pack before workout and 1/2 pack after. And remembering the first week is sometimes all that kept me OP last time, that and the reasons not to cheat thread.

Quote: Good Morning! After what seems like forever reseaching & preparing, I am finally starting on IP today!! I am very excited, I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you!
    Welcome!!! Please check in here and let us know if you have any questions, this will be your last diet if you stick with it and no cheating!
  • Quote: WooHoo!!! Did my first WI this morning and I am down 10.8 lbs!! So excited to be just about where I was when I stopped last time again. What an awesome diet, for those of you struggling through the first week just stick with it, no cheating and it will come off. I didn't expect this number but when I weighed in last week it was the perfect storm of TOM, traveling bloat, and water retention to disgust me enough to get started the very next day.
    YEAH!!! Congratulations!!