Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #76  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I just got back from seeing my PCM which I had not seen him since March weighing in at 388lbs today I weighed in at 268lbs.....that is 120lbs lighter!!!!....He asked what I was doing I told him and he said would you like to become a COACH for me? I want to sell this stuff and YOU can change people's lives...I said YES SIR, I WOULD LOVE TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!......they are calling IP today to get things underway and within 2 weeks I will be on my way!!!....SUPER SUPER EXCITED right now!!!....

This of course is not my official WI that isn't til Wednesday but according to their scale I loss 5lbs this week!!!....can't wait til Wednesday now!!
Wow! Congrats, what an honor!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Wuv - that is great news! Congrats! Plus you now know that your PCM is one smart guy!

Any news on your DJ friend who asked for your help?
Old 01-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #78  

Default My Ideal Recipes cookbook

Someone loaned me a copy of Chef Verati's My Ideals Recipes, 250 Ways to Enjoy Your Meals for Phase 1-2, but I'm having a hard time understanding how to use it. None of the recipes give number of servings, or how large a serving is. Does anyone have this book and know how to use it. It is a gorgeous book with lots of pictures. Was thinking of buying it, but not sure, since I can't figure out how to use. Copyright date says 2011.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

wuv, that's kind of what I do! :3 I tear off tiny pieces. Breakfast was a cinch.

Lunch . . . oh boy. Lunch was disgusting. Ugh. I'm hoping that if I keep eating the stuff and I don't like it I'll grow used to it. If not, I can deal with it. I'm not going to lose this weight by eating the delicious foods I'm used to. Most of the time delicious foods are the most fatty D;
Old 01-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #80  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptod View Post
Wuv - that is great news! Congrats! Plus you now know that your PCM is one smart guy!

Any news on your DJ friend who asked for your help?
Nope, he hasn't contacted me again. I am not pushing him to it, I don't think he would stay on it. He is not in the right place right now, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyG View Post
Someone loaned me a copy of Chef Verati's My Ideals Recipes, 250 Ways to Enjoy Your Meals for Phase 1-2, but I'm having a hard time understanding how to use it. None of the recipes give number of servings, or how large a serving is. Does anyone have this book and know how to use it. It is a gorgeous book with lots of pictures. Was thinking of buying it, but not sure, since I can't figure out how to use. Copyright date says 2011.
I have the cookbook and have not used it. Most of the servings are 2-4 mostly 4. I get more recipes from FinnSteven's thread or the recipe thread. I would not spend the money IMO. My cousin bought it and he won't use it so he gave it to me that is the only reason why i have it.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
wuv, that's kind of what I do! :3 I tear off tiny pieces. Breakfast was a cinch.

Lunch . . . oh boy. Lunch was disgusting. Ugh. I'm hoping that if I keep eating the stuff and I don't like it I'll grow used to it. If not, I can deal with it. I'm not going to lose this weight by eating the delicious foods I'm used to. Most of the time delicious foods are the most fatty D;
I can relate! I didn't like cucumbers before IP, but now I love them! It's amazing what you grow to love when your plan is so restrictive! I hope you can find some things you really like. I think it's helpful in staying OP long term. I hope you keep trying new things and find some that you LOVE! I really look forward to my roasted cauliflower, and crispy kale chips. I would not have been excited about those before IP.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #82  

Default Thanks wuv

Quote:

I have the cookbook and have not used it. Most of the servings are 2-4 mostly 4. I get more recipes from FinnSteven's thread or the recipe thread. I would not spend the money IMO. My cousin bought it and he won't use it so he gave it to me that is the only reason why i have it.
How sad that it was put out that way for a diet that is probably going to be used for 1, maybe 2 people in the family at a time. It is so much easier to multiply a recipe then try and divide one. Also, none of the recipes indicate if it is a Phase 1 or 2 recipe. I have copied many of FinSeven's recipes from his thread to Evernote, an online program I use, as it is easier for me to quickly find something that I'm looking for (really struggling with the search feature on this site.) I think you are right in that it might be a waste of my money. I only have a couple more days before I need to return it, so for now will be taking a much closer look at FinnSteven's recipes. Thanks for the advise.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishHeart View Post
I can relate! I didn't like cucumbers before IP, but now I love them! It's amazing what you grow to love when your plan is so restrictive! I hope you can find some things you really like. I think it's helpful in staying OP long term. I hope you keep trying new things and find some that you LOVE! I really look forward to my roasted cauliflower, and crispy kale chips. I would not have been excited about those before IP.
Have you tried sprinkling a packet of splenda on your cucumber??....YUMMY sweet, salty and crunchy!!....you would be surprised!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyG View Post
How sad that it was put out that way for a diet that is probably going to be used for 1, maybe 2 people in the family at a time. It is so much easier to multiply a recipe then try and divide one. Also, none of the recipes indicate if it is a Phase 1 or 2 recipe. I have copied many of FinSeven's recipes from his thread to Evernote, an online program I use, as it is easier for me to quickly find something that I'm looking for (really struggling with the search feature on this site.) I think you are right in that it might be a waste of my money. I only have a couple more days before I need to return it, so for now will be taking a much closer look at FinnSteven's recipes. Thanks for the advise.
I believe all of the recipes in the cookbook are for phase one or at least the majority of them are.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #84  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

Week two is starting out great New recipes and different ways to spice up my meals! So, as ive said before I do alternatives to the IP diet, simply because I can't find a coach in my area! Anyways, I weighed myself TODAY and I am DOWN 11.6 POUNDS!!! I know it's water weight, but i am SUPER EXCITED.
That's amazing! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Lorilou; 01-09-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #85  

Quote:
Have you tried sprinkling a packet of splenda on your cucumber??....YUMMY sweet, salty and crunchy!!....you would be surprised!!
Ooooh, I'll have to try that! BTW, I did take your advice on adding a restrictive in once a day. I'm having a Pure Protein bar for breakfast now, instead of just using shakes. It really helped my energy level in the morning. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Lol
Old 01-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmurphy View Post
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!

Week two is starting out great New recipes and different ways to spice up my meals! So, as ive said before I do alternatives to the IP diet, simply because I can't find a coach in my area! Anyways, I weighed myself TODAY and I am DOWN 11.6 POUNDS!!! I know it's water weight, but i am SUPER EXCITED.
CONGRATS on this WI, now was all of the not eating at the baby shower and the other outing you had worth it? These are the types of results you will have IF you stick with the program. Yes this was an outstanding WI BUT will not happen every week, already remember that. Your body will have to catch up to this big loss so you may have a week or 2 of smaller losses. Just don't get discouraged when it happens and REMEMBER.....ANY LOSS is a LOSS no matter how small it is and it is NEVER ONLY a loss
Old 01-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #88  

Quote:
Honestly, when the weight started dropping off as fast as it did and when i got to my first 50lbs gone, I knew I wanted to do something with the program. There aren't many options here for it only ONE clinic down here, so now there will be 2!!! and Mine, well, will be awesome....haha...I called my mom and told her and she was just as excited as I was .....lol
You're becoming an official coach?! I mean, you are already an awesome coach, you've helped so many of us here, so I'm not surprised, I'm just really excited for the people who get to be your clients! Congratulations!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 209/209/170

Quote:
I just got back from seeing my PCM which I had not seen him since March weighing in at 388lbs today I weighed in at 268lbs.....that is 120lbs lighter!!!!....He asked what I was doing I told him and he said would you like to become a COACH for me? I want to sell this stuff and YOU can change people's lives...I said YES SIR, I WOULD LOVE TOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!......they are calling IP today to get things underway and within 2 weeks I will be on my way!!!....SUPER SUPER EXCITED right now!!!....

This of course is not my official WI that isn't til Wednesday but according to their scale I loss 5lbs this week!!!....can't wait til Wednesday now!!
Congratulations!! What an honour to be asked! You will truely be an inspiration to all that you coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
: Do you have a COSTCO near you? that is where most people get the EAS drinks. I haven't found any at walmart either, but you could try GNC as well I believe they have them as well. Good luck in your search.
When I looked at a Costco in Edmonton all they had for RTD was Premier nutrition protien shakes, Lean Fit Health GFR protien shake and a brand of whey protien powder. I wonder if it varies by province what the Costco stores carry.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishHeart View Post
You're becoming an official coach?! I mean, you are already an awesome coach, you've helped so many of us here, so I'm not surprised, I'm just really excited for the people who get to be your clients! Congratulations!
YES!!....I will know in 2 weeks!...the dr better provide me with a computer so that I can still keep up here....lol.....thank you this is another one of my favorites for my cucumbers. I have them everyday for lunch!!

Spiced Cucumbers
1 large cucumber
1 packet of artifical sweetener
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of pepper
Seasoning of your choice to taste (I use Mrs. Dash original)
Cut cucumbers into slices. Combine artificial sweetener, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, and seasonings. Place cucumbers into the marinade and enjoy.

This can also be made into a dressing
Closed Thread