3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

What I picked up today :)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
Gotta keep trying!
 
omgzitsmiranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC.
Posts: 756

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default What I picked up today :)

Today I picked up some stuff for IP tomorrow!

I got:
lots of water!
nature madecalcium magnesium with zinc.
nature made multi for her.
nature made potassium gluconate 550 mg.
omega 3-6-9.
fiber tablets.
eas rtd carb control chocolate fudge drinks.
celery.
cucumbers.

Can you think of anything else I need?
Thanks lovelies
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
NavyMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 654

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

There's no reason you can't do just the 3 drinks a day, but for the sake of variety you might want some bars. I know people use the Pure Protein ones and some of the Adkins flavors (cookies and cream I know for sure is okay). Other than that it looks good.
__________________

Last edited by NavyMommy : 01-07-2012 at 08:57 PM.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
Gotta keep trying!
 
omgzitsmiranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC.
Posts: 756

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
There's no reason you can do the 3 drinks a day, but for the sake of variety you might want some bars. I know people use the Pure Protein ones and some of the Adkins flavors (cookies and cream I know for sure is okay). Other than that it looks good.
For some reason I had it in my head that the bars were one of the restricted items right?

I didn't pick up any because I was thinking that it was a restricted therefore according to the IP papers I needed to wait 2-3 weeks before using them. But if they're not, then I'll run out & buy some tomorrow
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Navy mom is correct, and so are you ....they are restricted bars but you are still allowed to have them from the beginning. ONLY ONE per day though
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
NavyMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 654

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Yes the bars are restricted so you can only have 1 per day, but you can have them from day 1. I even found that my losses were better when I had 1 restricted a day, plus it's nice to have something to look forward to (I have mine at lunch).
__________________
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
Gotta keep trying!
 
omgzitsmiranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC.
Posts: 756

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Navy mom is correct, and so are you ....they are restricted bars but you are still allowed to have them from the beginning. ONLY ONE per day though
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Yes the bars are restricted so you can only have 1 per day, but you can have them from day 1. I even found that my losses were better when I had 1 restricted a day, plus it's nice to have something to look forward to (I have mine at lunch).
Oh okay! Thanks so much for filling me in on that! I will definitely have to go out and buy some tomorrow

*fingers crossed that I like the EAS shakes* lol
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
patns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 2,785

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
There's no reason you can't do just the 3 drinks a day, but for the sake of variety you might want some bars. I know people use the Pure Protein ones and some of the Adkins flavors (cookies and cream I know for sure is okay). Other than that it looks good.
I notice lots of people are using the Pure Protein bars. i saw Pure Protein bars at costco but they were very large and had a lot of calories. Are those the right ones? Maybe people cut them in half? I did have Adkins Advantage bars, that is not the Adkins bar most people are using and they tasted aweful.

Pat
__________________
Make choices today that your future self will thank you for!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
Gotta keep trying!
 
omgzitsmiranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC.
Posts: 756

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I notice lots of people are using the Pure Protein bars. i saw Pure Protein bars at costco but they were very large and had a lot of calories. Are those the right ones? Maybe people cut them in half? I did have Adkins Advantage bars, that is not the Adkins bar most people are using and they tasted aweful.

Pat
The only pure protein bars I've saw have been *average* size, not really too large. Maybe they only sell the average ones in regular grocery stores. There's so many kinds it's crazy to choose from lol.

Has anyone tried the EAS carb control bars? Are those good and a go?
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #9
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I notice lots of people are using the Pure Protein bars. i saw Pure Protein bars at costco but they were very large and had a lot of calories. Are those the right ones? Maybe people cut them in half? I did have Adkins Advantage bars, that is not the Adkins bar most people are using and they tasted aweful.

Pat
There are 2 different sizes BIG and small, its the SMALL ones of course you are to use. I remember mom saying its like 17g of carbs or somewhere around that
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
Gotta keep trying!
 
omgzitsmiranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC.
Posts: 756

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
There are 2 different sizes BIG and small, its the SMALL ones of course you are to use. I remember mom saying its like 17g of carbs or somewhere around that
thanks for clearing up everything.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

When shopping for your bars try to keep them around 17gr of carbs and the lowest sugar you can find. My mom only used the pure protein ones, she did venture out every now and they to get something different but always went back to the pure protein ones. She should be chiming in here pretty soon I am sure but I know she is watching the football game.....lol
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:26 PM   #12
Gotta keep trying!
 
omgzitsmiranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC.
Posts: 756

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
When shopping for your bars try to keep them around 17gr of carbs and the lowest sugar you can find. My mom only used the pure protein ones, she did venture out every now and they to get something different but always went back to the pure protein ones. She should be chiming in here pretty soon I am sure but I know she is watching the football game.....lol
Is it okay if the bars are lower carbs than that? Or do they HAVE to be that amount?

Haha okay, I will definitely have to check them out. What flavors does everyone recommend? I'm open to any & all I've saw a lot of talk about the peanut butter ones.
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Is it okay if the bars are lower carbs than that? Or do they HAVE to be that amount?

Haha okay, I will definitely have to check them out. What flavors does everyone recommend? I'm open to any & all I've saw a lot of talk about the peanut butter ones.
The IP restricted are around that so that is why I said to try to keep it around there however the new Chocolate chip cookie we have now is 24gr of carbs. I have read where some of the coaches have said that the cookie is not for everyday but to have it every other day. My coach said it ok to have it everyday but I wouldn't, I don't care for it too much though so its ok for me...lol
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
patns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 2,785

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default

For sure the bars could be lower carb but it is hard to find them any lower. It must be that they only have the big Pure Protein bars were I am looking. It is the same with the Oh Yeah bars. I could only get the large ones and cut them in half. But they are so good I was always conscious of the second half still in the cupboard so once I finished them I didn't buy more. But I am on the look out for the smaller ones of that type too.

Pat
__________________
Make choices today that your future self will thank you for!

Last edited by patns : 01-07-2012 at 10:35 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #15
Gotta keep trying!
 
omgzitsmiranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC.
Posts: 756

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
The IP restricted are around that so that is why I said to try to keep it around there however the new Chocolate chip cookie we have now is 24gr of carbs. I have read where some of the coaches have said that the cookie is not for everyday but to have it every other day. My coach said it ok to have it everyday but I wouldn't, I don't care for it too much though so its ok for me...lol
lol okay sorry for asking so many questions! but i'm glad to have a place to ask these kinds of things

so pumped for tomorrow! woo hoo!
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
January WW: What was your exercise today? river Weight Watchers 160 02-17-2011 06:29 PM
Just What I Needed in July - All My Worldly Friends happy2bme Support Groups 273 08-01-2010 11:35 AM
What Have You Done Today To Make You Feel Proud? SmallSteps Weight Loss Support 48 09-08-2009 02:14 PM
I was insulted today!!!!! Jasmine31 Weight Loss Support 42 07-23-2007 12:56 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2